Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCU Joins NAIA
well thats good news to hear. Will they be in the same Conference as Pikeville and ALC?
This is mostly a move for football. I don't know that they will be joining a conference for basketball, but I do think they will have dual affiliation with NAIA and NCCAA. They will join the Mid-South Conference for football in 2009.
KCU82 Wrote:This is mostly a move for football. I don't know that they will be joining a conference for basketball, but I do think they will have dual affiliation with NAIA and NCCAA. They will join the Mid-South Conference for football in 2009.

Thats a tough conference to be in, IMO.
Only way to go is up and that is a great thing for KCU.
KCU will have a rough time in their first season in the Mid-South. Will they be playing a J.V. schedule next year? I know a lot of teams start out with that and gradually move into the regular swing of things the next year.

PC, G-town, Campbellsville, and a few more teams in that conference have really solitified themselves as being contenders. G-town obviously the front-runner almost every year. Good Luck KCU!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:KCU will have a rough time in their first season in the Mid-South. Will they be playing a J.V. schedule next year? I know a lot of teams start out with that and gradually move into the regular swing of things the next year.

PC, G-town, Campbellsville, and a few more teams in that conference have really solitified themselves as being contenders. G-town obviously the front-runner almost every year. Good Luck KCU!

KCU played three JV and three varsity games last year. They were 2 and 1 in the JV games, and 0 and 3 in the varsity games.

This season will feature a few games with Mid-South schools, and 2009 will feature the full conference schedule. They do play Pikeville and Georgetown this year, as well as U. Va. Wise. Obviously it is going to take a while to get competitive in that conference, but they are recruiting some decent athletes.