Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever BGR Pre-Season Football Top 10 released
On the BGR home Page !!!

We will be doing this on a weekly basis on Saturdays during football season.

We also will have Offensive and Defensive players of the week on a weekly basis as well. Players of the week will be sent a certificate for their award.

Go check them out !!!

Get out the word...BGR is the place to be !!!
Do we the members/fans get to nominate POW?? Or is it decided upon by aministration of BGR?? Great idea good to see recognition for the players.
MoJo - To answer your question, The Player of the week will be chosen by the members of BGR in the online poll sections on the BGR Homepage.
Was there any research done here or just pull some teams out of a hat?

Williamsburg lost 12 seniors off of a 24 -player roster. #3?!?

Breathitt County has 5-6 starters returning and los their QB in the spring. #4?!?

Prestonsburg is a top 3 team. Their JV team would crack this top ten list.

Lynn Camp has too much returning to be as low as #10.

Please tell me this was a first draft or that these were the order of teams that were suggested for a rankings list.
I do think Belfry is the smart pick for #1 though. They will be able to hang a new banner at their new field this year -- 3 in a row!!
MOJO Wrote:Do we the members/fans get to nominate POW?? Or is it decided upon by aministration of BGR?? Great idea good to see recognition for the players.
It will be very important that members post who they think should be nominated any give stats to back their nominations. This will ensure that the best players will get to be voted upon and not just ones that the admin/mods see play!
The individual class polls reflect who we think we be the best at preseason. The overall preseason poll is based soley on how teams performed last year and is stated in the poll. It will without a doubt change soon.
torQQue Wrote:The individual class polls reflect who we think we be the best at preseason. The overall preseason poll is based soley on how teams performed last year and is stated in the poll. It will without a doubt change soon.

With all due respect, then what's the point?

That's not a poll, its just a list of teams in the order of last years record. I don't get it.