Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville MS VS Pikeville Ms
The tigers won both games. The first game was 5-3, Second 5-0. 8th Grader Ethan Daniels Puts one over the Left Field Wall.
Congrats Tigers!:1:
The first game was a pitching duel from the start. Pikeville had Reese Ward on the hill to start and he threw great. Paintsville managed only 1 run off him but it shouldn't have crossed due to an error by the 3B. Pikeville's bats came alive in the 4th by driving home 3 runs but Paintsville answered with 4 in the bottom of the 4th to claim the first game. Very quick paced game that was extremely competitive....these two schools look to have bright futures.

What was failed to be mentioned is that Pikeville also played a whole new line-up with their reserves against Paintsville who left several of their every game players in the line-up (ex. Ethan Daniel hit his homer in the 2nd game against the 7th graders, but still that was a SHOT!!!!). Coach Justin Arms at Pikeville(Paintsville Alum) has did this in every double-header allowing for every kid to play a full game each night they go out so they will gain experience that will help them later in their career. Hopefully the Pikeville School System will keep him around for a long, LONG time. Hats off to both Paintsville and Pikeville for a great night of baseball.
IRISH4 Wrote:The first game was a pitching duel from the start. Pikeville had Reese Ward on the hill to start and he threw great. Paintsville managed only 1 run off him but it shouldn't have crossed due to an error by the 3B. Pikeville's bats came alive in the 4th by driving home 3 runs but Paintsville answered with 4 in the bottom of the 4th to claim the first game. Very quick paced game that was extremely competitive....these two schools look to have bright futures.

What was failed to be mentioned is that Pikeville also played a whole new line-up with their reserves against Paintsville who left several of their every game players in the line-up (ex. Ethan Daniel hit his homer in the 2nd game against the 7th graders, but still that was a SHOT!!!!). Coach Justin Arms at Pikeville(Paintsville Alum) has did this in every double-header allowing for every kid to play a full game each night they go out so they will gain experience that will help them later in their career. Hopefully the Pikeville School System will keep him around for a long, LONG time. Hats off to both Paintsville and Pikeville for a great night of baseball.
He would be a great asset to their program. They could not get any one any better.
IRISH4 Wrote:The first game was a pitching duel from the start. Pikeville had Reese Ward on the hill to start and he threw great. Paintsville managed only 1 run off him but it shouldn't have crossed due to an error by the 3B. Pikeville's bats came alive in the 4th by driving home 3 runs but Paintsville answered with 4 in the bottom of the 4th to claim the first game. Very quick paced game that was extremely competitive....these two schools look to have bright futures.

Paintsville also started and played every single kid that didn't play the first game and didn't take them out the entire second game. Paintsville also throwed a 7th grader in Colby Burchett. The Tigers had one hole that was empty the second game and they subbed three times in that hole, to get each one an at bat. The Tigers also changed their EH every time it came to the bat. So please don't confuse the Tigers with JCMS, who NEVER play their bench kids.
Both teams did pitch very well. Great sportsman ship was shown by everyone. Telling that they were all there just to have fun and play for the love of the game. like IRISH4 said, both schools DO have a bright future ahead of them. Hopefully setting an example for the mountain teams

Hats off to the Panthers and the Tigers!
If...Then Wrote:Both teams did pitch very well. Great sportsman ship was shown by everyone. Telling that they were all there just to have fun and play for the love of the game. like IRISH4 said, both schools DO have a bright future ahead of them. Hopefully setting an example for the mountain teams

Hats off to the Panthers and the Tigers!
Toot! Toot! lol Smile
Panther Thunder Wrote:Toot! Toot! lol Smile

sheww i give up LB.
:igiveup: lol but hey now p-ville pitched 3!
Paintsville Catcher Brooks Pelphrey went down in the second inning with an Injury (Foot). That about cost the Tigers the game
Panther Thunder Wrote:Toot! Toot! lol Smile

sheww i give up
:igiveup: lol but hey now p-ville pitched 3!
I hope Brooks does heal very quickly....he is a great player and completely.
Wow. lol the MS forum has the most talking about one's self I've seen. Chill guys Wink.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Wow. lol the MS forum has the most talking about one's self I've seen. Chill guys Wink.

lol
Congrats Paintsville!!!!!
Get better quick Brooks. Paintsville needs you!
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville also started and played every single kid that didn't play the first game and didn't take them out the entire second game. Paintsville also throwed a 7th grader in Colby Burchett. The Tigers had one hole that was empty the second game and they subbed three times in that hole, to get each one an at bat. The Tigers also changed their EH every time it came to the bat. So please don't confuse the Tigers with JCMS, who NEVER play their bench kids.

I wasn't taking anything away from Paintsville by my original post, I just simply stated that they had a whole new line-up from the first game so there would be no misconception and cofusion about which team Pikeville placed on the field. I still don't think I could even come close confusing the Tigers with JC's club Smile

Pikeville's 8th grade club moves on to 8-3 and their 7th grade moving to 10-3 and finish their season this Friday by playing Magoffin Co. at home. Best of luck to both teams.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:The tigers won both games. The first game was 5-3, Second 5-0. 8th Grader Ethan Daniels Puts one over the Left Field Wall.
Congrats Tigers!:1:

Congrats Ethan and Tigers.:Clap:
IRISH4 Wrote:I wasn't taking anything away from Paintsville by my original post, I just simply stated that they had a whole new line-up from the first game so there would be no misconception and cofusion about which team Pikeville placed on the field. I still don't think I could even come close confusing the Tigers with JC's club Smile

Pikeville's 8th grade club moves on to 8-3 and their 7th grade moving to 10-3 and finish their season this Friday by playing Magoffin Co. at home. Best of luck to both teams.

I know you weren't. I just didn't want people to get us confused. Pikeville and Paintsville are about the same thing...and that is developing every kid they have. It only hurts teams when they don't give the other kids a chance to get reps. MS Baseball is a great thing and I hate to see some teams get caught up in the win and lose thing. The Tigers inter-squaded tonight and had some kids who only play the second game step up and make some nice plays. Hey , even MJ got cut his Soph. year. I just hate to see teams sit kids now just because they feel they aren't ready. All that does is turn kids away thinking they don't have a chance. Play them now and give them hope and a chance. Who gives a **** about wins? The way I look at it, what hapens when one goes down? If you don't play the others, who will fill in? Keep up the good work Panthers and Tigers. People DO RESPECT what you are doing. :thumpsup:
OffTheHook Wrote:I know you weren't. I just didn't want people to get us confused. Pikeville and Paintsville are about the same thing...and that is developing every kid they have. It only hurts teams when they don't give the other kids a chance to get reps. MS Baseball is a great thing and I hate to see some teams get caught up in the win and lose thing. The Tigers inter-squaded tonight and had some kids who only play the second game step up and make some nice plays. Hey , even MJ got cut his Soph. year. I just hate to see teams sit kids now just because they feel they aren't ready. All that does is turn kids away thinking they don't have a chance. Play them now and give them hope and a chance. Who gives a **** about wins? The way I look at it, what hapens when one goes down? If you don't play the others, who will fill in? Keep up the good work Panthers and Tigers. People DO RESPECT what you are doing. :thumpsup:

Couldn't have said it any better myself, very well said. :thumpsup:
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Paintsville Catcher Brooks Pelphrey went down in the second inning with an Injury (Foot). That about cost the Tigers the game
Post #11