Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County QB, Zach Lewis Maks Cover of Catspause.com
fan first Wrote:I have had the pleasure of watching Lewis play several times over the last few years as Clay Co is in the same district as us. The truth is the kid more than lives up to the hype. He is for real. He combines a great arm with an understanding of the position that is off the charts.
I have seen all the QB's in this part of the state. He plays at another level. Here is just one example of the type of player he is off the field also. My family went to watch Clay play Letcher in the playoffs last year. My son, age 10, was so impressed with Lewis he wanted to meet him after the game. We had to stand in line because their were at least 50-75 Letcher fans there showing their appreciation. After the tough loss, Lewis still made time to meet and shake everyone's hand, including my sons.

he plays at that level just below ricky bowling, people forget hes goin to break couch's touchdown record. but they are the top two qb's in the part of the state, the guy that compared lewis to jimmy joe morgan is just ridiculous, morgan is mediocre at best.
I only compared them from information I gathered at Eastern's first Senior Day. I have not compared their careers or anything like that. But it does help to be surrounded by good talent. I'll be quiet before this starts to sound like the Tim Couch-Brian Brohm debate.

But I was only comparing their performances at the Senior Day.
Our high school coach attended UK's senior day advanced camp last Friday. He told me there were 35-40 Qb's total, including our QB as well as all the ones mentioned in this thread. Eventually, eight were took to the side to work and be evaluated separately with the top recievers. According to him, Lewis was the only kid from Ky chosen in that group. He also said that he thought that Lewis and a kid from GA was the best two by far.
fan first Wrote:Our high school coach attended UK's senior day advanced camp last Friday. He told me there were 35-40 Qb's total, including our QB as well as all the ones mentioned in this thread. Eventually, eight were took to the side to work and be evaluated separately with the top recievers. According to him, Lewis was the only kid from Ky chosen in that group. He also said that he thought that Lewis and a kid from GA was the best two by far.

I wasnt going here but sence you brought this up.All i have to say is look in the catspause under district 8 5A class, and see who they have picked for the best.......

AND HE IS NOT ON THE COVER:fedup: :fedup:
Charlie Banks is a good QB, but Zach Lewis is definitely the best QB in Eastern KY. He does more with less to work with.
SLHSCard Wrote:he plays at that level just below ricky bowling, people forget hes goin to break couch's touchdown record. but they are the top two qb's in the part of the state, the guy that compared lewis to jimmy joe morgan is just ridiculous, morgan is mediocre at best.
Alright, you said earlier that Zach was too small. If Zach is too small to play at the D-1 level than Ricky is too small to play NAIA. Zach is 210 lbs. His 6'1.5 frame does hurt him, but in the right system he could excel. Ricky also has better athelete. Give Zach Bubba Bailey and Wes King and see the numbers he puts up. You'll probably argue that Dobbs and Dunn were just as good as those two, but there is no chance. Zach is the best QB in the mountains by far. Zach puts more time into game preperation that any QB in the mountains. The only problem is that he probably plays on the worst team out of all the teams in the mountains with a great QB.
Hit and Run Wrote:Zach puts more time into game preperation that any QB in the mountains. The only problem is that he probably plays on the worst team out of all the teams in the mountains with a great QB.

how can you justify saying he puts more time into game preparation, theres no way of knowing that, and he also plays worse competition than ricky. their talent level is about even and both will find a small college and get a chance to compete.
SLHSCard Wrote:how can you justify saying he puts more time into game preparation, theres no way of knowing that, and he also plays worse competition than ricky. their talent level is about even and both will find a small college and get a chance to compete.
I can justify that because I know Zach and Ricky pretty good. Zach doe play worse competition, but do you remember his game aganist Ashland as a freshman?? Zach's had his best games aganist the better teams they've played. Zach watches film non stop. He hasn't stopped since baseball ended. He already knows Knox Central's defense in and out. One thing colleges will love about Zach is that he will call all of the offensive plays this year.
Comparing Bowling to Lewis is unfair to Bowling. Lewis is ranked the #1 QB in the state. Ky's camp and passing tourney justified this. When I was there watching our kids play, Lewis dominated both as Joker or Sanders was with him throughout. He didn't dissapoint.
Banks was playing.
Can't figure how to edit yet. Anyway, Banks played safety mostly during Ky camp and looked solid. I think he was in a group defending the @1 wide outs and QB's.
d10n Wrote:I wasnt going here but sence you brought this up.All i have to say is look in the catspause under district 8 5A class, and see who they have picked for the best.......

AND HE IS NOT ON THE COVER:fedup: :fedup:

You do realize that the UK Football Preview and the bi-weekly magazine are two different animals? He was ont he cover of the magazine. You will never see a HS player on the cover of the UK Preview.