Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make it 7....
Lance wins his 7th Tour de France this morning!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2005/index
Congrats to Lance Armstrong !!! Was a nice way to end his career........ 8) :!: :?:
Best Athlete of our Time!!!!
I'm glad he is going out on top but would have really loved to see him go for another. Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
whoa whoa whoa vega...hold on here, best athlete of our time? no way jose......hello michael jordan?, barry sanders?, emmit smith?, even tiger woods.......to be the best athlete of our time, dont u need to be an athlete first, cycling????? Cry Cry Smile Smile
Not an athlete? You mean to tell me that you could get on a bike and ride 130-140 miles in about 4 hours every day for 20 somes days straight. I think not. Explain why he doesn't fit the athlete group.

ok beef id be happy too... Smile

first of all this takes no hand eye coordination ability wutsoever....second hes riding a machine that does the work, and he even says its the best bike in the world, tell me that doesnt help...hes the best endurance performer, but u need to have all qualities to be an athlete

soocer, tennis, track, basketball, football, rugby, cricket, field hockey, swimming events....all of those are athlete filled sports... :oops: :oops:
The bike does all the work :lol: :lol: ...Shew I'd love to see his get off that thing and it just roll up the hill on its own. Hand-eye.....you ever watched em go down the hills and race in the packs -- don't tell me that doesn't take some skill to keep control of the bike and keep it on the road and off other riders at such high speeds??

And if you consider track a sport then you have to cycling. They are both high endurence sports.

And please explain the hend-eye coordination in the sports you listed -- soccer, track, swimming.
sorry....beef but as always im rite, and ur wrong...no one even cares about cycling...sure its a great story him overcoming cancer, and winning a bike race 7 times in a row...but to consider him with muhammed ali, babe ruth, mark spitz, jordan, magic, kareem, shaq, marciano, ronaldo, pele, is just completely absurd...u cant compare him with ne of these great athletes....sorry riding a bike can stay overseas