Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre' Woodson Drafted by NY Giants in 6th Round
He has finally been picked, just don't know if he is in a good situation with the Giants though.
Two UK QBs on the same team. Thats kinda cool.
Yea but that means on will be cut.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Yea but that means on will be cut.

yeah and IMO it will b J'LO
I think Woodson can do goot things...but not at New York, They should trade him somewhere that need a QB like Carolina. I think that would be a better fit for him. But congrats Andre.
Woodson went exactly as he should have, just maybe not the right team. He struggled against better competition in the SEC, struggled at the Senior Bowl and I think even at the combine. His arm position before he throws is what hurt him as well as his poor decision making. I'm actually surprised he went this soon.
warriorpride Wrote:I think Woodson can do goot things...but not at New York, They should trade him somewhere that need a QB like Carolina. I think that would be a better fit for him. But congrats Andre.

Carolina has Jake Delhome i thought?
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Woodson went exactly as he should have, just maybe not the right team. He struggled against better competition in the SEC, struggled at the Senior Bowl and I think even at the combine. His arm position before he throws is what hurt him as well as his poor decision making. I'm actually surprised he went this soon.

Yes he had terrible games against LSU, Florida and Georgia.Rolleyes

The "hitch" in his throwing motion killed him in the draft. Along with the performance at the senior bowl. I still think some teams missed the boat on him.
blackcat_student Wrote:He has finally been picked, just don't know if he is in a good situation with the Giants though.
Terrible situation.

I can't stand E Manning and think he is the most overated QB in the NFL. Most teams keep 3 QBs though and I think Woodson may benefit from sitting and watching this year. He could be a solid QB in the future.
FBALL Wrote:Terrible situation.

I can't stand E Manning and think he is the most overated QB in the NFL. Most teams keep 3 QBs though and I think Woodson may benefit from sitting and watching this year. He could be a solid QB in the future.

I agree, at some point down the road Woodson will get his chance to be the leader of an offense. As for Eli, he is average at best. He is not a franchise quarterback, I don't expect him to be the leader of this offense for much longer.

I was hoping to see Woodson at Carolina or Detroit.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Woodson went exactly as he should have, just maybe not the right team. He struggled against better competition in the SEC, struggled at the Senior Bowl and I think even at the combine. His arm position before he throws is what hurt him as well as his poor decision making. I'm actually surprised he went this soon.

He sure did didn't he? I mean, he did throw 3 TDs, and over 250 yards against LSU in the win. He also threw for 415 yards and 5 TDs against Florida. And don't forget he threw for 430 yards and 6 TDs against Tennessee in the last game of the season. So yeah, he sure did struggle against the better competiton of the SEC.
bluegrassballa Wrote:He sure did didn't he? I mean, he did throw 3 TDs, and over 250 yards against LSU in the win. He also threw for 415 yards and 5 TDs against Florida. And don't forget he threw for 430 yards and 6 TDs against Tennessee in the last game of the season. So yeah, he sure did struggle against the better competiton of the SEC.

Haha...You guys beat me to it. Smile
It would be the best for Woodson to hold a clip board this year anyway regardless what team it's for. He is not ready to be a starting quarterback just like Tim Couch wasn't. If Tim would've sat for a year he may have been a better qb. Woodson will beat out Lorenzen, but he won't get much pt besides that.
I think it's just a total freaking load of crap that the "experts" at the beginning of the year said that whoever won the UK and UL game would more than likely decide who the first QB to be drafted is. And after a great season like Woodson had he gets drafted n the 7th round to a team who has a solidified QB. NFL GM's are idiots. That's why Tom Brady was picked later on, one person said one thing about him and everyone was scared. I hope Andre gets traded and ends up in the HOF.

Are you serious?
Woodson was a very good college quarterback, and he has Randy Sanders to thank for being drafted at all. No Sanders= No shot at making an NFL team. I wish he hadnt been drafted by the Giants though. I think holding a clipboard, and getting used to the NFL speed for a couple of years will be the best medicine for his flaws..good luck and congrats Andre..
Here is the thing, NY already has 3 QB's signed for this year. They have Eli, they signed J-load to an extension, and they acquired David Carr as well. Looks like Woodson could be cut.
BCF4L Wrote:Here is the thing, NY already has 3 QB's signed for this year. They have Eli, they signed J-load to an extension, and they acquired David Carr as well. Looks like Woodson could be cut.

Just what I was going to say. Woodson got drafted by a team that had no need for him, I don't even have a clue why N.Y. took him. He now makes the fourth QB on the Giants behind Eli, J-Lo, and Carr.

Like you said, he will probably get cut. I just hope it's soon enough that he can latch onto a team that truly needs him.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Just what I was going to say. Woodson got drafted by a team that had no need for him, I don't even have a clue why N.Y. took him. He now makes the fourth QB on the Giants behind Eli, J-Lo, and Carr.

Like you said, he will probably get cut. I just hope it's soon enough that he can latch onto a team that truly needs him.

Actually Woodson makes the 5th QB behind Eli Manning, David Carr, Jared Lorenzen and journeyman Anthony Wright. Woodson only needs to beat out one of these guys to make the team.
kyrifle Wrote:Actually Woodson makes the 5th QB behind Eli Manning, David Carr, Jared Lorenzen and journeyman Anthony Wright. Woodson only needs to beat out one of these guys to make the team.

You only have 3 QB's on the roster during the season, and only 2 on the active roster for games. The third guy is considered an "emergency" QB, and only plays if both of the first two get hurt.

If Wright is also on the team, then that means Woodson has to beat out two other candidates for a roster spot.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:You only have 3 QB's on the roster during the season, and only 2 on the active roster for games. The third guy is considered an "emergency" QB, and only plays if both of the first two get hurt.

If Wright is also on the team, then that means Woodson has to beat out two other candidates for a roster spot.

Today's Lex Herald lists 4 QB's under contract for the Giants. They won't cut until the last week of pre season
Absolutely no way Colt Brennan should have went before Woodson.
^
I totally agree with that.

I don't think the Giants cut Woodson though. Maybe packaged in a trade later on. I do believe they will take a good look at him. Most teams don't cut a guy they just spent a draft pick on. The fact that they took him without QB being an apparent need says they are high on his potential.
The thing is if they did not think he was going to beat out one of the other QBs then they wouldn't have drafted him. Apparently they see something in him that they don't in their other back-ups. That is how I am looking at it all.
I think the Giant's whole thinking behind this was trade. They knew they didn't need a quarterback, so why even do it? This way they can have a solid player at a very important position in which they can dangle over a teams head when they need a trade before the season. A team that is in need for a quarterback could give up a couple of good defensive guys or lineman to get a quality quarterback in Woodson. It may turn out to be a great move for everybody involved.
I see Woodson beating out Wright but not Lorenzen. J-lo has been in that offense for a while now, he knows the calls, plus he has a better arm than Woodson. I see trade in Woodson's future.
Come on guys there is a reason why David Carr is there he stinks if it wasnt for that he would still be with Texans or whoever had him. They just picked him up in case they couldnt get a QB in the draft.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I think the Giants just drafted him for some Trade value
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think the Giant's whole thinking behind this was trade. They knew they didn't need a quarterback, so why even do it? This way they can have a solid player at a very important position in which they can dangle over a teams head when they need a trade before the season. A team that is in need for a quarterback could give up a couple of good defensive guys or lineman to get a quality quarterback in Woodson. It may turn out to be a great move for everybody involved.

RedSeal Wrote:I think the Giants just drafted him for some Trade value

Yea that's what I said....