Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Receivers In Eastern Kentucky?
Prestonsburg Has A Good Qb In Michael Burchett- Its Up To The Coach To Let HiM Pass Though,,,Sad
Does anybody remember when Hunter Adams of Middlesboro played WR his Freshman and Sophmore years before moving to QB his Junior year? Well hes back at WR this year. If anybody can remember he was a force to stop at this position. Also Dalin Farr is back at the Boro this year and hes pretty darn good himself as long as he stays out of trouble off the field.
It's hard to predict simply because a coach decides what the offense is going run (based on many factors... depending upon the talent he has on hand and perhaps even what the opponent might throw @ him).... some teams may choose to "run" the ball, leaving receivers "out in the cold"... then there's always this... how many QB's, out there, are talented enough to even get the ball to a receiver ... which begs this question... how many offensive lines can hold the defense @ bay long enough for even a mediocre QB to find the open receiver.... so all in all, it's a hard question to even begin to answer.... but I wish everyone well in the coming season!
Tyler Baker
I would have to say Ian Welch from Johnson Central and Austin Gearhart from Prestonsburg.
Breathitt County's Ryan Allen
Harlan County's Lance Simmons everytime he touches the ball he can go the distance.
Cooper from Lewis should have a good year.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Saying your the best reciever at Russell can be misleading. I was awarded the outstanding receiver award my senior year I had the most catches, most yards and TD:receptions. Okay here is the rest of the story.

I only caught 12 passes all year....
We did not throw the ball..... and yes we had facemasks on our helmet then too.... Before you even ask.

Bailey is good and he will do great things this year,,, along with the rest of the DEVILS.
I feel ya dog. I plyed at a "A" school in WV in 91' and I was the leading receiver that yr. I had 13 balls thrown to me and caught 10 of them. We ran 95% of the time.
We have a few of good WR over here if we can get them the ball. J Barron, D. Crowe, & W. Branham. I believe all of them will have a big year.
Ashton Lewis from Leslie Co.
After the Randy Moss like show I put on at the park yesterday, I'm gonna have to go with me. Now if we are gonna keep it with HS players. Taking family out of the picture, since I'm partial. I'd have to say Mitchell may be the best reciever, terrific hands. Dillon at TE. Now if you take away Russell players. Then I'm gonna have to say Bonner @ Ashland for TE, and probably Welch from JC for WR.
Harlan Co Bears- Simmons and Smith will make up one of the best combo's in the mountains.

Harlan High School- Coach Donahue and the Dragons have one of the best WR in Class A mountain football ( Allen Hensley). He is one of the best if not the best WR Harlan has had in recent years.
BLUEGRASS FOOTBALL Wrote:Prestonsburg Has A Good Qb In Michael Burchett- Its Up To The Coach To Let HiM Pass Though,,,Sad

Gearheart is a very good end, but don't forget, there's also 2 - 1000 yd. rushers coming back. Coach Derossett will find it a challenge to distribute the ball effectively to his talent. This will be a run-oriented team, however (and SHOULD be), running 10-15 pass plays/game is important to keep that part of the offense sharp.

The most effective use of the pass for Prestonsburg would be using a few mid-range passes early and then occasionally when defensive fronts cheat up. Additionally, I'd like to see the Cats use their backs more in the flats and on screens.

Wink
oneijoe Wrote:Gearheart is a very good end, but don't forget, there's also 2 - 1000 yd. rushers coming back. Coach Derossett will find it a challenge to distribute the ball effectively to his talent. This will be a run-oriented team, however (and SHOULD be), running 10-15 pass plays/game is important to keep that part of the offense sharp.

The most effective use of the pass for Prestonsburg would be using a few mid-range passes early and then occasionally when defensive fronts cheat up. Additionally, I'd like to see the Cats use their backs more in the flats and on screens.

Wink

I agree with what your saying, Prestonsburg should run a lot of screens and dump passes in the flats to our backs and pass the ball 10-15 times a game. If we could pass the ball efficiently then it would give defensive coordinators fits, because our running attack is so successful.

I think if Prestonsburg wanted to spread the ball out this year they could successfully do it with Burchett throwing the ball and have Gearheart and Jamerson at the ends and Sword and Craynon at the slots. Not saying that Prestonsburg should do it, but they are capable of doing it and doing it successfully.

But this year Michael has got to become the leader of offense and make sure that he has everyones trust when their huddling up to call plays. Michael is a natural born leader and I hope it shows this season as he is the one thats gonna have to lead this team to victory and hopefully to a state championship.