Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS 05
Have the potential to be a very tough team, considering the talent that they return. Im glad Jimmy Lemaster is playing again, that kid is a good football player. Im just curious about what everyone else thinks.
Yes, they have the talent, im looking forward to watchin' Bloom this year Sad
Should be good, especially the second season under Matney. They lost some talent but also have a lot returning. Music and Blume on offense will be tough.
Well JKwon33 and Superman we acutally agree on football...Yeah I do believe that Jc will have a very tough football program this year (Blume and Music) and for years to come especially after that 8th turning freshman bunch are older they will be a heck of a program
rip10 Wrote:Well JKwon33 and Superman we acutally agree on football...Yeah I do believe that Jc will have a very tough football program this year (Blume and Music) and for years to come especially after that 8th turning freshman bunch are older they will be a heck of a program

Just telling it how it is, like i do in the basketball forum. Central has had a line of bad coaching, and finally got one that is good. In middle school we dominated every team around here, and in high school they would beat us. Doesnt make much sense really, when ya blow the same kids out in middle school and then they whip ya in high school. The biggest disappoint ive ever had was in the 99 football season. Bill Musick had the most talented team he ever coached and never made it past the first round of the playoff's. Josh Banks, Shannon Price, and Stephan Jerich in the backfield. Casey Music at qb, Heath Castle at reciever, and a HUGE oline lead by Jesse Peck. I can only imagine if Matney would have coached that bunch how good they could have been
With Matney leading this bunch in 05, a very athletic qb in Sean Music, a solid o-line, and a very good backfield..the skys the limit for the Golden Eagles in '05
yes, JC's Jr.high football teams are always great, but their high school team was never really good until last year, so i except them to be a hell of a team in years to come
Did they drop to 3A this year or are they still 4A??
3A..... sooo superman... lol im interested to know how far u think the eagles will make it this year
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:3A..... sooo superman... lol im interested to know how far u think the eagles will make it this year

Probably the second round of the playoffs...thats my guess.
who alls in their district/region that'll be tough
Superman Wrote:Just telling it how it is, like i do in the basketball forum. Central has had a line of bad coaching, and finally got one that is good. In middle school we dominated every team around here, and in high school they would beat us. Doesnt make much sense really, when ya blow the same kids out in middle school and then they whip ya in high school. The biggest disappoint ive ever had was in the 99 football season. Bill Musick had the most talented team he ever coached and never made it past the first round of the playoff's. Josh Banks, Shannon Price, and Stephan Jerich in the backfield. Casey Music at qb, Heath Castle at reciever, and a HUGE oline lead by Jesse Peck. I can only imagine if Matney would have coached that bunch how good they could have been

Don't think coaching was the issue of this team. That season was a big disappointment. Casey Music didn't start the year at QB, senior Aaron Davis did. Casey won the job at the Apple Bowl that year when Paintsville romped us 27-0. The issue that year was there is no I in team, everyone was out for themselves and worried about stats.

Just look at what happen the following year after all those I's graduated. Just so you know PANTHERBLITZ, JCHS was 11-1 the following season, winning the lone district title in school history and they were in 4A. I would consider that a pretty good team along with 1997 team which went 9-2 losing at Bell Co. in the second round of the playoffs. Both of these teams IMHO, were better than last year's team.
I see the Golden Eagles going 5-5...6-4 at best...the expectations are WAY too high...
well is there schedule this year, tougher than last years?
Ashland, Boyd County, Bryan Station, South Laurel....

I think it's tougher...and their expectations are way too high...Matney is a fine coach, but give the man a break... :roll:
Johnson Central won the Apple Bowl in 1999 by a score of 22-14 or something like that, but they did lose the 1998 Apple Bowl 27-0. That was the year Paintsville had a great defense lead by Jon Patrick. I believe the 2000 season was a big let down for the Golden Eagles, losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs to a team they had already beat on their own home turf (I think Tates Creek). Sloppy field conditions due to sprinklers (had to of been because it didn't rain all week of the game from what I remember) caused Scott Salyers to go down with an ankle injury. Cost them dearly on offense and defense because he was one of the most important players on the field. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda though....Eagles go 7-3 or 8-2 on the season.
EastKYReporter Wrote:Ashland, Boyd County, Bryan Station, South Laurel....

I think it's tougher...and their expectations are way too high...Matney is a fine coach, but give the man a break... :roll:
What's wrong with high expectations? You're sadly mistaking if you think that Coach Matney is not expecting a great season out of this year's team.
well regardless, i expect to see a show when the apple bowl comes around! both painsville and JCHS seem to have alot of hype, so that will be interesting to see how things turn out
In order for the Tigers to even have a chance in this game they will have to stop Blume and Music. If they are unsuccessful then it will be a long night for them but if they are it will be a barn burner.
JKWON33 Wrote:Johnson Central won the Apple Bowl in 1999 by a score of 22-14 or something like that, but they did lose the 1998 Apple Bowl 27-0. That was the year Paintsville had a great defense lead by Jon Patrick. I believe the 2000 season was a big let down for the Golden Eagles, losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs to a team they had already beat on their own home turf (I think Tates Creek). Sloppy field conditions due to sprinklers (had to of been because it didn't rain all week of the game from what I remember) caused Scott Salyers to go down with an ankle injury. Cost them dearly on offense and defense because he was one of the most important players on the field. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda though....Eagles go 7-3 or 8-2 on the season.

You are correct I got my years confused. It was in 98 that Music beat out Davis at QB, which was their sophomore and junior years respectively. I disagree 2000 wasn't a big let down. How can you have an undefeated season and it be a disappointment unless your Trinity or someone like that?? Yeah I agree we should have made it made it farther than the 2nd round but you are right Salyers going down destroyed the team. But 1 game isn't a big let down of an entire season. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, next round we were traveling to Dunbar, which I think we had a chance in that game for a regional title. Then in the following round, a trip to Trinity wouldn't have been too fun anyways.
hmm what happened in the second round???