Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 15-16 All Stars
The District Tournament is coming up soon, how do you think the 15-16's will do in the tournament?

And who should start in your opinion?[/scrolldown]
I heard they are supposed to be loaded, would like to see them do well this summer.
They are loaded.
Matt Fyffe
Kyle Subblett
Shane Grimm
Joe Spradlin
Logan Barker
JD VanHoose
Travis Ison
Josh Watkins
Jared Keaton
Tyler LeMaster
Corey Adams
They looked good last night as they beat Morgan County 1-0.Matt Fyffe pitched a one hitter and Kyle Subblett hit a solo homerun in the win.
Have heard they will be playing in the State Championship today in Louisville. Good luck to you Paintsville.
They played in the championship and won, as well as the 13-14 year olds. Both move on to National Regional play.
Well, glad to hear that they won and are still going strong.

Good luck to them.
Anything new?
"CatDawg" Wrote:Anything new?

The regionals aren't until next weekend to my knowledge.
Thanks MOJO.
I'll be sure to keep you updated, if I don't go.
Thanks MOJO.
Paintsville has defeated Minnesota in the first round of their pool by a score of 10-3. Paintsville will face a tough Iowa team tomorrow. Also on a side not, Kyle Sublett from Paintsville placed 3rd in the Homerun Derby up there. Congrats to the team and Sublett. Good Luck tomorrow!! I will post an update on the 13-14 year olds when I hear word.
Wow that is impressive, Go! Paintsville!
Sounds good any results from the Iowa game?
Paintsville took one on the chin at 13-0 from Iowa. Matt Fyffe started the game and gave up 4 runs, a few were unearned. In the 5th Travis Ison came in on relief and gave up 8 runs and didn't get an out. Chase Richardson came out and stopped the bleeding. Paintsville only had one hit but hit the ball hard at players.
Is that it or is it also double elimination?
Paintsville's 15-16's won yesterday against Nebraska by a score of 6-1. Josh Watkins went the distance for Paintsville and the bats were hot again tonight. They play tonight, Tuesday at 7:30 to decide if they advance to the Semi's on Wednesday. Good Luck to both Paintsville teams tomorrow we're proud of them. It's not double elimination but it is 2 pools of 5 teams each. The top 4 teams advance to semi's tomorrow. The championship is Thursday the winner stays there to catch a flight from Chicago's O'Hare Airport to Bangor, Maine for the Little League 15-16 year old World Series.
Thanks again for the info.
That is awesome. Wish them best of luck once again and hope that they continue to advance. Would be great to see a hometown team go to the Little League World Series and stuff. Be on ESPN and the works... 8)
Paintsville's 15-16's were defeated Tuesday by a score of 5-1. Paintsville started Grimm, Ison came on in relief and Fyffe followed to try to get something started. Paintsville's bats were having an off night once again this time due to a superb pitcher. Going into the 5th Paintsville was only down 1-0 but gave up a 4 run inning. Paintsville was also without 3B/P Chase Richardson Tuesday who left earlier in the week for football practice and school. Due to a tie-breaker situation for advancement to the semi's, Paintsville was ousted out of tournament play by 1 run. Paintsville's 13-14's were defeated tonight by a score of 8-0. The 13-14 year olds lost Tuesday as well to St.Joe LL the host team.Paintsville hung tough but in the 3rd I think, Ft. Wayne put a couple of runs on the board and Paintsville just never recovered. Jeremy Stacy pitched well in this one.Paintsville hit the ball hard just right at the defense. I think Paintsville's defense had 2 or 3 errors. So they are now out of contention as well. We're all still proud of the boys and they represented KY well.
Hate to hear the final result but they have nothing to be down about. Way to play and represent the bluegrass and even more EASTERN KENTUCKY. Way to go.
The Paintsville 13-14 year olds beat Nebraska 10-9 in the first game of the Regionals.They lost to Hobart Indiana 10-0.And as you all know they lost the last game to the Central Region Champion St.Joe LL 8-0.St Joe won last night I think 16-1 over Iowa to claim the title.Great Season Paintsville!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing season. Way to represent the area. Man, I want to shake these kid's hands.
Just so you know the Iowa team that beat them out of regional action, won the 15-16 LL World Series.
That's awesome. At least they will have that story to tell their kids and grandkids. Something to be proud of for sure. They got beat out by the eventual winners....Sad but it could have been a team that lost in the next round or something. Bragging rights right there. Idea Glad that our boys from back home did well.