Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Jasper Transferring? (RUMOR)
He wouldn't be going to UCLA. The only reason Jasper would be leaving is because he wants to get more recognition for the next level, and he just isn't that kind of player at UK.
After that last game and him being a junior, he isnt gonna turn out as a good player.
UK really needs Jasper next year so I hope he stays.
I would hate it if he does transfer but it wont be the end of the world. Liggins, Miller, and Galloway are all about his size and could fill Jasper's position if they needed to. Also if we can land McCoy he could definitely help out.
Hate to see him go cause UK needs him, but its probably for the best. Gillispie plays him as more of a forward than a point guard like he truly is. He is a great ball handler and has great court vision to find the open man. He did start shootin the 3 really well this past season, so he is developing his shot, although he doesnt need to score to help a team win. He doesnt commit many turnovers, so I dont know what the person that said he did was meaning. He deserves to be on a team that will play him the right way and where he has a shot at making it at the next level if thats what he wants to do. I cant exactly see him going to UCLA because they just signed like 3 point guards and Collison hasnt even said yet if he is going pro so that wouldnt be a good fit. Maybe Cal or USC or somewhere like that, maybe even Arizona. Personally I would like to see him go to Arizona and play for one of the best coaches ever in Lute Olsen. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do, whether its staying and playing for an idiot coach or transferring and playing for someone that knows what they are doing and being close to his family, the latter being the most important.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Hate to see him go cause UK needs him, but its probably for the best. Gillispie plays him as more of a forward than a point guard like he truly is. He is a great ball handler and has great court vision to find the open man. He did start shootin the 3 really well this past season, so he is developing his shot, although he doesnt need to score to help a team win. He doesnt commit many turnovers, so I dont know what the person that said he did was meaning. He deserves to be on a team that will play him the right way and where he has a shot at making it at the next level if thats what he wants to do. I cant exactly see him going to UCLA because they just signed like 3 point guards and Collison hasnt even said yet if he is going pro so that wouldnt be a good fit. Maybe Cal or USC or somewhere like that, maybe even Arizona. Personally I would like to see him go to Arizona and play for one of the best coaches ever in Lute Olsen. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do, whether its staying and playing for an idiot coach or transferring and playing for someone that knows what they are doing and being close to his family, the latter being the most important.

I agree with all that except I dont understand why you think BCG is an idiot
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Hate to see him go cause UK needs him, but its probably for the best. Gillispie plays him as more of a forward than a point guard like he truly is. He is a great ball handler and has great court vision to find the open man. He did start shootin the 3 really well this past season, so he is developing his shot, although he doesnt need to score to help a team win. He doesnt commit many turnovers, so I dont know what the person that said he did was meaning. He deserves to be on a team that will play him the right way and where he has a shot at making it at the next level if thats what he wants to do. I cant exactly see him going to UCLA because they just signed like 3 point guards and Collison hasnt even said yet if he is going pro so that wouldnt be a good fit. Maybe Cal or USC or somewhere like that, maybe even Arizona. Personally I would like to see him go to Arizona and play for one of the best coaches ever in Lute Olsen. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do, whether its staying and playing for an idiot coach or transferring and playing for someone that knows what they are doing and being close to his family, the latter being the most important.
He is not a good PG and he did not shoot 3's good this year.
RavenBoy Wrote:He is not a good PG and he did not shoot 3's good this year.

16-37 .432 <--- jaspers 3points Made and attempted and %
63-173 .364<---- Crawford

i would say he was shooting the 3 good
FATMAN Wrote:16-37 .432 <--- jaspers 3points Made and attempted and %
63-173 .364<---- Crawford

i would say he was shooting the 3 good
Any good 3 point shooter is gonna shoot more than 37 shots. Im sure Tim Duncan is a good 3pt shooter also.
hes coming into his shot more he will shoot more as it goes up he is more of a clutch 3 shooter than anything
RavenBoy Wrote:Any good 3 point shooter is gonna shoot more than 37 shots. Im sure Tim Duncan is a good 3pt shooter also.

Ravenboy im beginin to think ur a Puke fan..
He hasn't left yet, if he even does. You also have to remember when he played this season he wasn't hardly even at 100%. I think when its settled he will stay, he also went through this this time last year.
4_real Wrote:Ravenboy im beginin to think ur a Puke fan..
How would you get Im a Duke fan?
4_real Wrote:Ravenboy im beginin to think ur a Puke fan..

No one in KY is a real dook fan.. If anyone says they are..I'm going to guarantee its a put on..Big Grin
RavenBoy Wrote:How would you get Im a Duke fan?

Hardly anything u post is good about UK..
4_real Wrote:Hardly anything u post is good about UK..

I dont know what you are talking about. Just about everything Ravenboy posts about UK is good. Now lets get back on topic.
colts12 Wrote:I dont know what you are talking about. Just about everything Ravenboy posts about UK is good. Now lets get back on topic.
Thank you, If Jasper is really home sick (which is a joke) let him leave. If he dont wanna be here there is no sense of him staying.
I think I would get pretty homesick if I was playing ball 2,000 miles away from home. Never getting to go home and when you did you would only be there for a few days or a week or so. I would really hate to see Derrick leave but it's his decision.
colts12 Wrote:I dont know what you are talking about. Just about everything Ravenboy posts about UK is good. Now lets get back on topic.

Thats what I was about to say.
Jasper pretty much has decided to transfer as of 4-24-08

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/224/story/342240.html
Im glad of that he's not what we need at uk.. maybe eku
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Jasper pretty much has decided to transfer as of 4-24-08

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/224/story/342240.html

He also didn't attend the "Catsy Awards", UK's inaugural athletics award banquet.

I wish the best for Derrick, he was a very nice role player for Kentucky, he should fit in great wherever he winds up.
Homer Simpson Wrote:Im glad of that he's not what we need at uk.. maybe eku

are you serious...IMO Jaspers return was the reason the season turned around this year. He is a good player.
Well IMO, I think UK is better off without Jasper for the simple fact that he's not a scorer and makes dumb passes in pressure situations. He can be replaced by someone else very easily and I see Uk a better team without him.
Guys Jasper was a very good player at Kentucky, he didn't make as many mistakes as others did, just because he didn't go out and score in double-figures doesn't mean a thing. He was a very nice role player that could play three different positions, defend, rebound, and he could pass. I think the loss of Jasper hurts UK, not a team killer but just something that we will miss when someone doesn't get that rebound, etc.
blackcat_student Wrote:Guys Jasper was a very good player at Kentucky, he didn't make as many mistakes as others did, just because he didn't go out and score in double-figures doesn't mean a thing. He was a very nice role player that could play three different positions, defend, rebound, and he could pass. I think the loss of Jasper hurts UK, not a team killer but just something that we will miss when someone doesn't get that rebound, etc.

I agree that he will be missed, but he can and will be replaced easily.
Money Maker Wrote:I agree that he will be missed, but he can and will be replaced easily.

I agree with that 100%. Jasper is a decent player, but he isn't great, I'll miss him at UK, but he can be replaced.
Money Maker Wrote:I agree that he will be missed, but he can and will be replaced easily.

He can be replaced but I wouldnt say easily
Any PG that Uk gets can fill the slot and be as effective as Jasper was for UK. Bradley, Crawford and Patterson was the Big 3 that did it all. Stevenson came on strong after Patterson was injured. But as for Jasper, to be completly honest, I think we are better without him.
Money Maker Wrote:Any PG that Uk gets can fill the slot and be as effective as Jasper was for UK. Bradley, Crawford and Patterson was the Big 3 that did it all. Stevenson came on strong after Patterson was injured. But as for Jasper, to be completly honest, I think we are better without him.

He wasn't even at 100% during the season. And how can any point guard do what he did, none of them are his size. You can plead a case the Liggins could replace him but we don't even know if he'll be eligible to even enroll at Kentucky. Maybe JUCO signee, Galloway can do some but I don't see him being that effective in his first season.