Dillion Stiltner - Phelps
Jordan Hairston - Belfry
Michael Burchett - Prestonsburg
Logan Crowder - Allen Central
Josh Prater - Allen Central
Josh Head - Betsy Layne
Hobo McCoy - Pike Central
I guess SV is a lock then!
The same as they were this year. Please dont give me crap about this. What i am trying to say is that at the end it does NOT always come to talent you have to be hot and sometimes lucky.
I am sure that we can all sit here and talk about teams that SHOULD'VE went to the show and they did not. How many of us have seen what we thoght was a lock and knew they could do good down state get beat. My experiecne has been that sometimes the most talent team is not the one that goes. We have teams not lose a game in the region and not make it. That is what makes this game great! One night, one win!
Brandon Marson
basketballfan000 Wrote:The same as they were this year. Please dont give me crap about this. What i am trying to say is that at the end it does NOT always come to talent you have to be hot and sometimes lucky.

basketballfan000 Wrote:I am sure that we can all sit here and talk about teams that SHOULD'VE went to the show and they did not. How many of us have seen what we thoght was a lock and knew they could do good down state get beat. My experiecne has been that sometimes the most talent team is not the one that goes. We have teams not lose a game in the region and not make it. That is what makes this game great! One night, one win!

I agree with your posts, Shelby Valley more than likely will win the region this upcoming season, Pikeville & Johnson Central are the only teams that can stand a chance with Valley, within the region.
Gatlin Clark should rejoin the Panthers next year, and if he does he will be unbelievable. Ive watched him at open gym and he just tourches by defenders, and throws up some shots that should never go in but he finds a way to make them. He's really explosive, a great offensive threat, and IMO the best overall defensive player that the panthers had last year (before he left the team). So just keep an eye out for the young man.
He played well last year, but there must be something about team he does not understand... If he learn then yes he will be a good player..
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Gatlin Clark should rejoin the Panthers next year, and if he does he will be unbelievable. Ive watched him at open gym and he just tourches by defenders, and throws up some shots that should never go in but he finds a way to make them. He's really explosive, a great offensive threat, and IMO the best overall defensive player that the panthers had last year (before he left the team). So just keep an eye out for the young man.

Quit once and come back...shame on Gatlin...Quit twice and come back...shame on Pikeville...Time for both to part ways...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Quit once and come back...shame on Gatlin...Quit twice and come back...shame on Pikeville...Time for both to part ways...

I agree.
I will say it since no one else has. Taylor Newsome of Shelby Valley. Everyone who watched the game knows he is what got them the win over Male. Taylor is a great player, but went down with a torn ACL. He will be fine this year though and I can't wait to see how Valley clicks with him back.
Watch out for Jake McClanahan 6-7 soph to be, from East Ridge. You people start picking top players, you need to do your homework. You name players who have been on losing teams the last couple of years nad you need to name players from winning programs, So, do your homework black kitty cat fans.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I will say it since no one else has. Taylor Newsome of Shelby Valley. Everyone who watched the game knows he is what got them the win over Male. Taylor is a great player, but went down with a torn ACL. He will be fine this year though and I can't wait to see how Valley clicks with him back.
Taylor is a huge part of Shelby Valley and does so much that many fans do not notice. He really was missed as the year went on and hopefully Taylor will be back next season stronger than before. He plays with the same intensity that his Dad did for Virgie and Pikeville College. He just doesn't shoot as much.Cool
ERblue4ever Wrote:Watch out for Jake McClanahan 6-7 soph to be, from East Ridge. You people start picking top players, you need to do your homework. You name players who have been on losing teams the last couple of years nad you need to name players from winning programs, So, do your homework black kitty cat fans.
Pikeville gives ER a gift in last years district which gives the Warriors their first win against the Panthers in the last 10 games and you say ER has a winning program and Pikeville has a losing program?? LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Do your homework little baby blue indian fan!!!!!!!!
1977 Wrote:I agree.
So you agree that Pikeville should not let Gatlin come back??? Which means you are saying that young kids should not get a second chance??? Are you sure that is what you want to happen, one mistake and get rid of them. Is that really what you want to happen at Pikeville 1977???
ERblue4ever Wrote:Watch out for Jake McClanahan 6-7 soph to be, from East Ridge. You people start picking top players, you need to do your homework. You name players who have been on losing teams the last couple of years nad you need to name players from winning programs, So, do your homework black kitty cat fans.

I think that Jake could be a good player someday if he had a harder work ethic, but I dont see him being a top player next season. To me it looks like he isnt motivated enough or is waiting for a meter to get him started. He does have the frame to be a good player. He just needs to work at it a little harder than it appears that he is.

I dont really like homework, but I wouldnt consider East Ridge a winning program yet. Yes, they had a winning record last season with 17 wins to go with 13 loses. But look at their regional and district records. 9-10 in the region, 1-6 in the district.
After listening to all that went on, it would be very wrong for this young man not to be allowed to come back. Everything I have heard about him as a player and worker has been positive. His only need is to work on the team concept, but then again there are so many players in that position. Remember this is a game for the young people. We can all learn great lessons in sports about life. And when there is a problem, the ones involved need to work it out, not those on the outside who a persuaded by their own ideas, and also may not have all the facts...
bball fan Wrote:So you agree that Pikeville should not let Gatlin come back??? Which means you are saying that young kids should not get a second chance??? Are you sure that is what you want to happen, one mistake and get rid of them. Is that really what you want to happen at Pikeville 1977???
It seems you and I interpreted Chuck Taylor's comment differently............
That was not what I was agreeing to at all. The quote was "quit once, shame on Gatlin". He has only quit once, right? I never meant he shouldn't be allowed to come back. I thought the remainder of his comment was referring to if he quit again.. then what? That is the way I interpreted the comment and I'm sorry I hit a nerve with you. I'm all about second chances and kids make some bad decisions, that's part of growing up. As long as they learn something from those decisions and realize their actions have an effect not only on themselves but on others it will hopefully prepare them for tough decision making in the "real world".
Thanks for the words. I believe we are on the same page. You said it well. Good luck to all our kids and teams......
Warlock Wrote:I think that Jake could be a good player someday if he had a harder work ethic, but I dont see him being a top player next season. To me it looks like he isnt motivated enough or is waiting for a meter to get him started. He does have the frame to be a good player. He just needs to work at it a little harder than it appears that he is.

I dont really like homework, but I wouldnt consider East Ridge a winning program yet. Yes, they had a winning record last season with 17 wins to go with 13 loses. But look at their regional and district records. 9-10 in the region, 1-6 in the district.

The kid is not a top player yet. I haven't seen him play, but I have talked to one of his teammates this past week actually and said that he does need to get a work ethic then he could be a top player.
1977 Wrote:It seems you and I interpreted Chuck Taylor's comment differently............
That was not what I was agreeing to at all. The quote was "quit once, shame on Gatlin". He has only quit once, right? I never meant he shouldn't be allowed to come back. I thought the remainder of his comment was referring to if he quit again.. then what? That is the way I interpreted the comment and I'm sorry I hit a nerve with you. I'm all about second chances and kids make some bad decisions, that's part of growing up. As long as they learn something from those decisions and realize their actions have an effect not only on themselves but on others it will hopefully prepare them for tough decision making in the "real world".

I agree, good post 1977. I hope it all works out well for the Panthers, I think if they get it back together they will be a pretty fair team next season.
Just A Rumor
But i hurd that Logan Bartrum From knott is goin to be comig to the 15th region for the rebels.
they said he has been visiting with them..and i know his family lives there
any info.
anklebreaker Wrote:Just A Rumor
But i hurd that Logan Bartrum From knott is goin to be comig to the 15th region for the rebels.
they said he has been visiting with them..and i know his family lives there
any info.
Not sure if Bartrum will be a Rebel. But I do know his dad lives in AC's district. Also Bartrum played AAU during middle school with the Crowder's, Chris Stumbo, Justin Jackson. If Bartrum did decide to make the move to AC, I'd say these boys will welcome him.
I Wasnt for sure bout him coming just heard it
i thought he had some family there
i did not know he played aau with them a couple years ago
he could make an impact in the 15th i think
If i had to choose between Elisha Justice and Gatlin Clark, just IMO I would choose Gatlin. The three times that the teams met last year Gatlin held Elisha to 8 points two games, and 10 another wheras Gatlin had 14 twice and 16 in the other. Of course Valley came out in 2 of the three games, but they honestley were the better team. Maybe it is some Pikeville bias, but i really like Mr. Clark. But both young men are extremley hard workers, and I really enjoy watching them play. Good luck to both this year.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Maybe it is some Pikeville bias

It is... Gatlin is a nice player but he isn't Elisha Justice...
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:If i had to choose between Elisha Justice and Gatlin Clark, just IMO I would choose Gatlin. The three times that the teams met last year Gatlin held Elisha to 8 points two games, and 10 another wheras Gatlin had 14 twice and 16 in the other. Of course Valley came out in 2 of the three games, but they honestley were the better team. Maybe it is some Pikeville bias, but i really like Mr. Clark. But both young men are extremley hard workers, and I really enjoy watching them play. Good luck to both this year.

Gatlin is a good player, but better than Elisha? Come on now.

You can't just compare points totals to say that Gatlin was the better player in their meetings. For one thing there are so many other aspects to a player's game than scoring, such as assists, defense, and floor leadership. And anyone who has seen Valley play would know that Elisha excels in all these areas, more so than anyone else in the region this upcoming year.

Could Elisha score 20 points a game? Sure he could, he's got a nice outside shot and is very quick. But Valley doesn't need him to, they have other good players who can score as well, and part of what makes Elisha so great is helping those other players to get theirs.

Bottom line, if Gatlin plays this year (and hopefully he will), he may outscore Elisha every time they play each other. But that still won't make him the better player.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i dont see anyone post anything about East Ridge's Korey Fields....come on guys....hes one of the best in my opinion