Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball Camp (FREE) for ages 5-15
A local church is hosting or sponsoring a FREE baseball camp at the Paintsville Little League Field this coming Friday evening from 4:00 - 7:00 PM (04-04-08) and Saturday from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM (04-05-08). The camp is being conducted by former Major League Player Johnnie LeMaster and he has Don Gullett, Doug Flynn, Al Oliver and Cincinnati Reds Head of Scouting Gene Bennett working the camp, plus a host of local coaches and former college players. Parents, don't just drop your player off, stay all day and meet the players and watch the camp, plus take part in a parent seminar with lots of topics discussed like athletic training, drugs in sports and society and how to prepar your child scholastically.

Again, this camp is FREE. Concessions will be available during the camp.

Imagine.........two days of working with Don Gullett, Johnnie LeMasters Doug Flynn, Al Oliver and Gene Bennett for FREE! Evey player will have individual instructions from all of the former players............receive a camp t-shirt...and other items. For more information contact Paintsville Little League, Johnnie LeMaster's Sportcenter, Kaleidoscopes, or the Paintsville Church of Christ.
Just awesome news!
AV... send me a PM when you get a chance!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Sounds pretty cool. What happens if it rains this weekend? Will they cancel it? I know that rain is forcasted about every day this week.
JCHS gymnasium. Good to see both programs working together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Outstanding camp. Without a doubt, Al Oliver is one of the nicest individuals that I have met. Would have to put him in the same category as Brooks Robinson. He brought his two grandsons and they participated with the other kids. My thanks to everyone that worked so hard to see that my son and every other kid had a great camp. Two days of instruction from major leaguers, a shirt and a baseball manual all at no cahrge.
Yea I went and checked it out my dad had to take a picture for the Paintsville Herald. I thought it looked fun but i didn't participate
I hope it doesn't rain next time they plan this camp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I hope it doesn't rain next time they plan this camp.

Hillary just promised that in addition to universal health care, it would not rain during the next Johnson County baseball camp. What a woman!

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I hope it doesn't rain next time they plan this camp.

I'm sure if it rains, they will want to use the JCHS gym.
I would always encourage any kid to go to as many camps as possible.It is so much about fundamentals which aren't always taught in every day practices kids get.But if this camp happens again next year.I hope Paintsville has their gym ready to use.
THOMCAT Wrote:Hillary just promised that in addition to universal health care, it would not rain during the next Johnson County baseball camp. What a woman!

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

That's funny