Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Volleyball
Who do you think will be the teams to beat in the 15th this season?
1) Magoffin Co.-Returns A LOT of GREAT players from last season
2) Johnson Central-Returns everyone I think..??
3) East Ridge-They have a good team every year
4) ??????-???????
5) Paintsville-Could be #1 IF Jarrell gets in the weight room and works out this summer.
Not in any particular order...

Johnson Central
Paintsville
Allen Central
South Floyd
East Ridge
Belfry -(they ALWAYS have a good team)
pikeville should be solid
I watched J Central, South Floyd and Betsy Layne play the last couple days and all three teams have great potential and are tough when they are all clicking. I think the 15th will be very competitive this year...it should be fun to see who comes out on top.
JC was looking very strong and B Layne is better than most think.
I heard the south Floyd team hit by the injury bug.
Good luck to all the teams in the 15th.
JC was strong and B. Layne has a couple young players that are tough. Sf did in fact get hit by the injury bug, they had a couple girls with knee injuries and in I'm not mistaking one girl with a shoulder injury.
I heard South Floyd's younger team won their bracket. congrats to the 15th region on having a bright future. B. Layne looked pretty good but even with the injury bug. The Raiders finished camp with a strong win over the bobcats. Johnson Central and S.F. each beat one another so. add A.C. and Belfry, I think your top four are:
1. Belfry (until beaten)
2. Johnson Central (return everyone)
3. South Floyd (return 3 starters from 20-5 team)
4. Allen Central (return everyone)
S.F's younger team did in fact win their bracket and the otehr young team lost to Ky Elite in the semi's which would have put them in the championship game w/ the other young sf team. The win over B.Layne made the girls realize that they can do it if they all pull together and play the way they are capable instead of trying to do it all single-handed.
I think South Floyd will be pretty good if they work together and play like they are capable of doing..BL did farely well at camp from what I hear. and Johnson Central has a pretty strong team...Its untellin who the competition will be..Good Luck to all the teams. 8)
1. Belfry--4 starters retun from back to back regional titles
2. Johnson Central-many returning--good coaches
3. Allen Central
4. Betsy Layne/Pikeville
"justanotherfaceinthecrowd" Wrote:1) Magoffin Co.-Returns A LOT of GREAT players from last season
2) Johnson Central-Returns everyone I think..??
3) East Ridge-They have a good team every year
4) ??????-???????
5) Paintsville-Could be #1 IF Jarrell gets in the weight room and works out this summer.
I saw Jarrell at her grandmother's shop yesterday. She's looking real good. I bet she's lost another 10-15 pounds. That's about 20-25 total pounds she's lost.

Her brother has been working her real hard. He said she's keeping up with him and a couple of other guys in the workouts. Hopefully it's helped her jumping ability and agility.
Belfry will not be as strong as they were last year! Arrow
What are everyone's teams stats right now?

East Ridge Varsity has went 3 and 0 so far..
If South Floyd is a top team then I would say Prestonsburg is too... they played great tonight against South Floyd! Idea
East Ridge is now 4 and 0.
Wins over Valley, Pike Central, Phelps, and Pikeville...
Looks like Allen Central is beating some teams. Belfry is 3-0 with a win at Johnson Central.