Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central on Coaching Carousel!!
After a emergency site base meeting was called last night the word is out. BUTCHER IS LEAVING PIKE CENTRAL. All I have to say is wow and IMO a jerk move on his part after what all the school has done for him. Oh well all i have to say is I knew he would do this to us anyways was just a matter of time. To bad it only took him 3 seasons.

Whats your alls take on this? Who do you think will be the next coach?
WOW! i honestly did not see that at all... are there any word of any potenial replacements....? i am really suprised by this... :****happe
I knew this was happening 2 days ago.

Certain people in the Central office wanted him out.

Look for Tussey to come back or a former player under Tussey to take over.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:After a emergency site base meeting was called last night the word is out. BUTCHER IS LEAVING PIKE CENTRAL. All I have to say is wow and IMO a jerk move on his part after what all the school has done for him. Oh well all i have to say is I knew he would do this to us anyways was just a matter of time. To bad it only took him 3 seasons.

Not a jerk move from what I hear Butcher's wife got fired from her job and she went and found a job and Butcher will be taking the head coaching job at Mason County so IMO he did what he had to do.
HawksRule Wrote:Not a jerk move from what I hear Butcher's wife got fired from her job and she went and found a job and Butcher will be taking the head coaching job at Mason County so IMO he did what he had to do.

I heard it a couple of days ago, too. It seems kinda quick; must've been in the works for a while.
I hope that it was his decision and he was not pushed out. If you can have the record he has had the last two seasons and still get pushed out then whoever does take the job should know that if they dont win the region they are gone
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:After a emergency site base meeting was called last night the word is out. BUTCHER IS LEAVING PIKE CENTRAL. All I have to say is wow and IMO a jerk move on his part after what all the school has done for him. Oh well all i have to say is I knew he would do this to us anyways was just a matter of time. To bad it only took him 3 seasons.

What did the school do for him that they didn't do for any other employee?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:What did the school do for him that they didn't do for any other employee?

lets not even go there lol...Well i understand the whole wife situation with her losing her job. However, with the pull that many supporters at PC have all he would have had to do was talk to someone. Now i know for a fact she only lost her job with in the last two weeks NOOOOOOO WAY is a school going to be like hey Butcher come coach us now. Its been in the works and I have thought it and kinda known since before the LIT.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lets not even go there lol...Well i understand the whole wife situation with her losing her job. However, with the pull that many supporters at PC have all he would have had to do was talk to someone. Now i know for a fact she only lost her job with in the last two weeks NOOOOOOO WAY is a school going to be like hey Butcher come coach us now. Its been in the works and I have thought it and kinda known since before the LIT.

Did she work in the school system? I agree; even though he's done well there, no school can get rid of a coach and get another one hired that fast.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lets not even go there lol...Well i understand the whole wife situation with her losing her job. However, with the pull that many supporters at PC have all he would have had to do was talk to someone. Now i know for a fact she only lost her job with in the last two weeks NOOOOOOO WAY is a school going to be like hey Butcher come coach us now. Its been in the works and I have thought it and kinda known since before the LIT.

You have a good point but I think Butcher was probally offered the job and with the wife losing hers probally made him think that he should take it.The only one who really knows what happen though was him.
HawksRule Wrote:You have a good point but I think Butcher was probally offered the job and with the wife losing hers probally made him think that he should take it.The only one who really knows what happen though was him.
I honestly think a lot of this has to do with McCoy no longer being principal at Pike Central IMO i think he would have left either way this year just by some of the conversations we have had.

Now the job will be advertised beggining Monday and i have no idea who will get it. As of now they have no one in mind so it will be interesting. Someone made the comment earlier that it will be Tussey or one of her former ball players. By the conversations that we have had over the past few years she has no interested in coaching again, and besides Stiltner there is no other player that is a teacher so that theory is shot.
Yea it will be interesting to see who gets the job but whoever it is I hope they are a great coach or a good one so Pike Central can stay as good as they are and not pull a UK and have a rebuilding season cause of a new coach
So apparently a sit base council meeting was not held last night, also it was due to him feeling as if he did not have the support of member at the higher up just to clarify everything. Now I am sticking by that I thought this would happen all along b/c i did.
HawksRule Wrote:Yea it will be interesting to see who gets the job but whoever it is I hope they are a great coach or a good one so Pike Central can stay as good as they are and not pull a UK and have a rebuilding season cause of a new coach

Pike Central has a good tradition, and any coach would be happy to work there. However, if politics are that big a part of it, then a wise coach would be wary. I know that McCoy and the Butchers are "in together", and I'm also aware that every school has politics, but I hope Stephen wasn't forced out. He's done too good of a job for that, but then again, Tammy Tussey did a good job as well. So who really knows? Sticky situation.
BballFan63 Wrote:Pike Central has a good tradition, and any coach would be happy to work there. However, if politics are that big a part of it, then a wise coach would be wary. I know that McCoy and the Butchers are "in together", and I'm also aware that every school has politics, but I hope Stephen wasn't forced out. He's done too good of a job for that, but then again, Tammy Tussey did a good job as well. So who really knows? Sticky situation.
He was forced out just got a call telling me he was from a very reliable source. Not by anyone at the school however.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:He was forced out just got a call telling me he was from a very reliable source. Not by anyone at the school however.

Why would they force him out for?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:He was forced out just got a call telling me he was from a very reliable source. Not by anyone at the school however.

That's definitely not right; but as we all know, "Life ain't fair!" Good Luck to him @ Mason County or wherever he might end up. I hope whoever gets the PC job is someone deserving of it and not just someone who is owed a favor.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:BUTCHER IS LEAVING PIKE CENTRAL. All I have to say is wow and IMO a jerk move on his part after what all the school has done for him. ?
You use to think he is the finest thing since sliced bread now he is a jerk cause he is leaving . Did you ever just sit and think that you dont know everything that goes on at that school or whats in people mind or heart ?This man brought you to 3 regional finals 1 semi-finals in the state and for you to have the gall to say what you just said IMO is ajerk move .

I wonder who did the forcing..........Rolleyes

I hope people in the Johns Creek/Mullins/Kimper area get smart this Nov.
then you should appoligise for your former statement .
It was POLITICS the reason he is out, and then again maybe he is doing what is best for him and his wife. Yes, he was a decent coach, but look at the talent he has had the last three years, this was Tammy Tussey foundation. Talents will make any coach look good. I wish him and his wife the best. But don't forget about POLITICS rule the system.
Tammey Tussey foundation? As I recall when he took over he had 1 junior and 1 sophomore 2 freshman and had to make up his team with grade schoolers
Tammey's foundation went to phelps.
The only thing SHE can claim is haley..
These are the players who played under Tussey:
yes, Haley
Kayla Lowe, Abby Coleman, Kayla Ratliff, when Holly and Hannah were in 6th and 7th grade they also played on B team under Tussey.

I wasn't trying to make anyone defensive, I'm just saying that most of the girls played under Tussey from grade school up till she was forced out. I said Butcher is a decent coach and good person, but still it was talent.
reds44 Wrote:These are the players who played under Tussey:
yes, Haley
Kayla Lowe, Abby Coleman, Kayla Ratliff, when Holly and Hannah were in 6th and 7th grade they also played on B team under Tussey.

I wasn't trying to make anyone defensive, I'm just saying that most of the girls played under Tussey from grade school up till she was forced out. I said Butcher is a decent coach and good person, but still it was talent.

But the core of her team involved ppl like Paige Lowe and Kim Coleman. who left when she did. Haley and KAyla lowe were the only ones with Real[[/U][/U]
Varsity experience under tussey

When he first started John's Creek had to bring their grade school in order to have enough to scrimmage..
As far as I no Kayla Ratliff didnt play under tussey, Did she?

How can you say after all the school done for him what about what he done for them? If I recall you told 2 certain Indivuals that he would never leave. So which is it?
first let me say thanks to coach butcher, kara, and his staff. he ran a class program and had the respect of the players, we will miss them. now to the tussey thing. kayla ratliff never played for her, hannah and holly were on the team at a very young age but i don't think you can give her credit for their sucsess. i think there were about 8 or 9 girls there when coach mercer had her first meeting, so you tell me whos team it was.last thing i want to say is i don't blame coach butcher for doing whats best for his family, The Central office at the board wanted him gone last year and got it this year. i just hope we don't get another programs problems, be fair to the kids and find them a good , classy, winning coach!!!
The Fan Wrote:then you should appoligise for your former statement .
I have I called and we talked me and and his wife
humpty Wrote:How can you say after all the school done for him what about what he done for them? If I recall you told 2 certain Indivuals that he would never leave. So which is it?
It wasn't the school administration that forced him out it was ppl at the board which ticks me off. The reason I was upset at first was b/c Butcher and I are really close and it just felt he was walking out on the school and program and I apologize for the first statement. He is a great person and after talking to him on the phone he really wishes it could be different even took it as far to invite me to the banquet. Now he will be coaching at Mason next year and that was not in the works UNTIL AFTER his wife had lost her job, a meeting with a few people and the Boys Sweet Sixteen. The person who has ran him off has had a personal Vendetta against Pike Central since McCoy became principal. Once again everyone it was NOT his decision and I apologize for the first statement my emotions got the best of me just as they have for all of you at some point in time. We say things we do not mean and I did this but Butcher and Cara have both forgave my negligence. I LOVE BUTCHER AND HIS WIFE WITH EVERYTHING IN ME AND IT IS GOING TO BE HARD TO SEE THEM GO CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES. I have backed him since the beginning and will continue to SINCE I HAVE NOW found the TRUTH. TO THAT HIGHER UP I HOPE YOU READ THIS B/C ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spidey Wrote:Tammey Tussey foundation? As I recall when he took over he had 1 junior and 1 sophomore 2 freshman and had to make up his team with grade schoolers
Tammey's foundation went to phelps.
The only thing SHE can claim is haley..
LOL Haley wasn't half the player she is now until Stephen got to coach her. She finally played how do I say TEAM ball. Oh not to mention how well she played defense after having him as a coach. he got the best out of the girls.