Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing League
Does any High School coaches around our area actually care much about the outcome of passing league games, considering that the Mountain Teams are all RUN dominated programs. Does your school actually keep score during these games and fill us in about up and coming games and how passing league has been going for the mountain programs.
I think P'burg cares. They're champs or runners-up in just about every big one (UK or UofL) they go to. And what's cool about them, they do it with DEFENSE (and defense is the MAIN reason they get so into going to them!).

Also, seems like Breahitt puts quite a bit into being good at these. Unlike some of these teams, what they do in 7on7 is their offense IN-SEASON too!
Of all the passing tourneys I have been to (most of the major ones in the Commonwealth) I have NEVER seen a coaching staff nor the team not want to win. Great fun.. Great competition. Southwestern attends 4 yearly. If you have never competed-in or watched your son compete-in, you are missing out.
Monday, at the EKU pasing tournament a Belfry player suffered an injury (broken arm) while competing against Southwestern . Could someone give an update on his condition. I hate it when a player sustains an injury. It is a rough game. Heres hoping the best for him. Please let us know...
Do you know who it was?

East Ridge plays at South Floyd next week. There's going to be another team there too, I just can't think of who it is.
I don't who he was. I was trying to get info on his condition. Hopefully he will be back into action soon...
Someone send Belfrypride a PM , im sure that he will know
THese leagues are set up to get some good work in in the monthe of June. The 7 on 7 concept is more of a defensive drill than anyhting but with the emergence of the passing game more and more teams like working on it in the summer when you don't have to worry about blitzes, and rushers coming at you and you can work on timing and such.
Today, SWHS is at UK. The travel to the various passing tournaments is so educational to the Kids. Also has become a family affair for the parents, boosters, coaching staff and players. The Sat. events are the best. It is somewhat not whether you win the game (winning is good),it is the overall good that is obtained ...
The passing game that east ridge had with phelps was a good clue to what east ridge is going to be like this season.
Yes ER didnt do so bad, even though we don't even have a definate qb
Basketballer Wrote:Someone send Belfrypride a PM , im sure that he will know

Actually, Happy Gilmore may know about it, I have'nt heard anything.
I think that passing league games are some of the most important types of practice. They need to also start bringing the linemen to the passing league games so they can get as much work and get in shape as with the recievers and quarterbacks. 8)
east ridge is horrable south floyd killed them like 84 - 6
South floyd beat them with all freshman playing on defense
South floyd beat them with all freshman playing on defense
booger Wrote:east ridge is horrable south floyd killed them like 84 - 6
yes im sure they did ......right :? oh and by the way ER is not HORRIBLE they are doing very well......but thanks for tellin us your wish Big Grin
I know i had a P-burg player tell me that there JV beat Oldam co. Varsity
team 36-6.
team 36-6.
team 36-6.
Thats not true. I was there and varsity teams never played jv teams. Plus, Prestonsburg jv wouldnt be able to beat Oldham County's varsity.
Thats what a player told me, I wasn't there thats what I herd.
Maybe their varsity beat Oldhams varsity by that or Pburg jv beat Oldhams jv by that score but varsity teams never played jv during this tournament. And trust me Pburg jv would not beat Oldham Co varsity.
I played in the game between ER and south Floyd and it was knowwhere close to that score a matter of fact east ridge led basically the whole game until about the end when ER blew a 2 touchdown lead and we ended up losing by about 1 or 2 touchdown. Yes I do believe south floyd had younger guys in on defense on our first drive which we scored on with our first play on a post route.
yeah really the south floyd and east ridge score was a lot closer than 84-6. AND east ridge has played phelps 3 times and beat them (no offense) and East Ridge had a game with Shelby valley and letcher county and held both teams to win :!:
Oh yes my friend East ridge did get beat by south floyd and it wasnt exactly the score that one guy said it was. It was more along the lines of 1 or 2 touchdowns. East Ridge is also playin with alot of young talent. They have a few sophmores and freshman that play alot in the passing games. They have a first year quarterback and two or three first year players. They are gonna be alot better this season as compared to last and you can count on that. All i know is that south floyd better watch theirselves once the season rolls around cuz they may have underestimated east ridge a lil bit. With the help of wes rose and hank simpson east ridge will be surprising alot of people come next season. Hank simpson is one of the best linebackers in the region and with a lil more work wes rose will be a big addition to the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Look forward to seeing the ridge next season
i agree pbp.. but i think east ridge is gonna be good each year almost and then when the season starts they just let games go and dont show up to play and lose a lot of close games.. but again this year they could be good but the thing that hurts them is their tough schedule
i mean you got
shelby valley
haysi va.
belfry
prestonsburg

i see ER GOING 3-6
BUT IF THEY CAN PULL OUT SOME HARD GAMES THEY COULD BE 5-4
I ALSO THINK SOUTH FLOYD NEEDS TO WATCH OUT BECAUSE I THINK LAST YEAR MADE THEM VERY VERY COCKY AND THIS YEAR THEY THINK THEY WILL BE JUST AS GOOD AND THEY'RE GONNA GO INTO A LOT OF GAMES OVER CONFIDENT AND GET RIPPED APART.

DONT MAKE AN ENTIRE POST IN CAP LOCK :oops:
south floyd is not cocky or over confident they jus kno they are going to be better than everyone thinks they will and they killed east ridge again in passing league at ER
Listen South Floyd didn't kill East Ridge, I don't know if you played in that game or not but ER lost by one touchdown. They took the lead at the end of the on their last offensive drive, and on South Floys last offensive drive they luckily scored. The time before that we lost by 2 touchdowns, not 64-6 or whatever the score was claimed to be. I agree Walter Peyton I think they're getting a little cocky and overcondfident. These passing league games dont prove all that much, just wait till the season starts.