Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Travis Ford to LSU!
I heard this on ESPN Radio this morning, that its actually a done deal and their waiting for UMass season to be over in the NIT.

Dont know how true it is but guys was talking about it on there and sounded confident.
WOW this would be a good move by LSU..I was watching UMASS last nite and was much impressed on the way they played..
I think Travis Ford should stay at UMASS he accomplished alot while he has been there and he could start and great legacy there
It is a no brainer if offered..LSU!~
I dont know for sure about this but I doubt ESPN would say this for no reason, I guess we will just have to wait till the NIT is over.
I called this one on here a few times. Would love to see Ford go to LSU.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont know for sure about this but I doubt ESPN would say this for no reason, I guess we will just have to wait till the NIT is over.
They have been majorly wrong a couple of times in the past year so I wouldn't be too confident in this. I wouldn't think that UMASS would give LSU permission to talk to Ford until the season was over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would leave Umass for LSU anyday
If he passes down an opportunity to coach in the SEC he is an idiot. Just a few years ago he was in the NAIA. He needs to jump on that as soon as possible. I still think UK should have given him and Pelphrey atleast a look for the UK job. I am very happy with who they hired, but I think both of them will end up being great coaches.
Here are some links that talk about this possibility. LSU denied this story, saying they will wait until the AD is named before they make a decision.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/colle...6&srvc=rss

http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/2008/04/s...t_tra.html
SEC>>>>>>>>>>A10. It's a no brainer.
Two of Pitino's boys in the SEC could really put a lot of pressure on ole' Billy Clyde. Good luck to Travis Ford though he has a heck of a coach to beat out of in the SEC west from Paintsville.
Beef Wrote:I wouldn't think that UMASS would give LSU permission to talk to Ford until the season was over.
No, but coaches agents don't need permission.
If they offer, he should take the job.