Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queen City Tournament @ Hazard
This is a 4 day tournament that starts tomorrow... Here is a list of the following teams in this tournament...

Hazard
Johnson Central
Leslie County
Madison Central
Marion County
Morgan County
Perry County Central
Pikeville
Prestonsburg

Heres a list of match-ups...
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...=spec_4134
This should be a real good tournament...Good luck to all teams!!
You know it's spring in the mountains when it's time for the Queen City Classic.

GOOD LUCK DAWGS!!!!
Gonna be some good games this weekend.
For anyone that may know...are there any radio stations there in Perry Co that may happen to cover any of these games, preferably with online streaming? Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds like its gonna be a good tourny. I'm gonna go ahead and pick JC to win it.
This does show a list of the match-ups but, is there somewhere that list the site that they are playing at. From what I understand, they play at different fields, right?
Blue-N-Gold, where is Hazard's Baseball field anyway?
Miss_Hoops Wrote:Blue-N-Gold, where is Hazard's Baseball field anyway?

It's right behind their school.
Thanks, it's always confusing with them: seems like they play each sport at a different location.
This is always a "classic" of a baseball tourney. Great teams involved from eastern Ky. I would say that Johnson Central has the best opportunity to win, but watch out for the Bulldogs from Hazard.
Who are the top players from these schools?
abnerdday Wrote:Who are the top players from these schools?

#25 Josh Rodebaugh - Prestonsburg
Rodebaugh has 2 home runs, around 13 RBI, and has over 20 strikeouts so far this season.

#2 Bobby Hughes - Prestonsburg
He is a complete athlete, very nice center fielder & pitcher. Not much of a power hitter like Rodebaugh but he is very good at getting on base.
Is Hughes the QB that got hurt during football season?
Good luck to all teams!
Hazard's baseball field is behind the high school...above the football field. They are giving heavy rain for here for Thursday and Friday. Let's hope the tournament doesn't get rained out.
Miss_Hoops Wrote:Thanks, it's always confusing with them: seems like they play each sport at a different location.

Hazard High School's football field, baseball field, and softball field are all located on campus above the high school. Memorial Gym, our home gym, is the only thing located in another location. It has been the "Home of the Bulldogs" since 1951 and was built near the old high school. The old high school was closed in 1976 when the new high school opened in it's present location but all basketball games are still played in historic Memorial Gymnasium.
I'm pretty sure that Prestonsburg lost today to Hazard, it was 8-3 last time I got an update.

Hughes started for Prestonsburg and Robinson came in later to pitch.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Prestonsburg lost today to Hazard, it was 8-3 last time I got an update.

Hughes started for Prestonsburg and Robinson came in later to pitch.

How did Rodebaugh do?
Rodebaugh played a very solid game with two hits and 1 RBI.
IBleedRed Wrote:Rodebaugh played a very solid game with two hits and 1 RBI.

So the score was not 8-3 it was 12-2 right? It seems like Rodebaugh is their only offense.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:So the score was not 8-3 it was 12-2 right? It seems like Rodebaugh is their only offense.

That isn't the case but it seemed like it tonight.
blackcat_student Wrote:That isn't the case but it seemed like it tonight.

I know it just seems like every stat I see he is leading the team in everything, and I would say his average is well above everybody else's. How good would they be without him? Do you think they would have started out 5-1 if he wasn't on their team?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I know it just seems like every stat I see he is leading the team in everything, and I would say his average is well above everybody else's. How good would they be without him? Do you think they would have started out 5-1 if he wasn't on their team?

Maybe not but he is the most consistent player on the team. Hughes is still recovering from a torn ACL, that he suffered during football season. He still isn't at 100%.

But as of right now, Rodebaugh is the teams best player.
I'm not sure that I would agree he is there best player.
He is ONE of the best hitters but, has looked a little Rusty in the field this year.