Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Crawford to UK (Rumor)
Here is an interview with jordan crawford from the hoosier scoop, he talks about his immediate future, and the hiring of Crean.

On him possibly leaving IU:
“Of course it crossed my mind, because the coach I came here for is gone, so it had to cross my mind, and I thought about it and still think about it. I’m gonna meet with the coach and then go from there. I don’t know if he’ll have to say anything (to get me to stay). I just want to get to know him and him get to know me. And I know he knows a little bit about me. Like he said, he’s gonna watch film on the season. That’s cool, he could help develop.”

On Crean:
“He’s very passionate about the job and what he’s gonna bring. He knows a lot about basketball…I watched him play against my brother in the NCAA Tournament. You could tell he was very passionate and gets a lot out of his players and plays good defense. I remember Jerel McNeal and him talking. They play very good defense and they’re very competitive.”

On the immediate future:
“I think the toughest thing right now is just us getting to know each other. That’s the most important thing, and that’s really what I’m looking for…What I was concerned about the most (was) the more kids leaving, it’s going to be hard for a coach to pick this school because it’s gonna be a very tough job and it’s gonna take a couple years to, you know, get back on his feet. So, just hoping I can get it over with.”

On Crean saying the IU job is No. 1:
“It is. He knows it’s gonna bring a lot of spotlight to you. It’s a very good job to have, and he’s gonna have the spotlight on him if you do good or do bad, so it’s a very challenging job.”

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=1885
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Here is an interview with jordan crawford from the hoosier scoop, he talks about his immediate future, and the hiring of Crean.

On him possibly leaving IU:
“Of course it crossed my mind, because the coach I came here for is gone, so it had to cross my mind, and I thought about it and still think about it. I’m gonna meet with the coach and then go from there. I don’t know if he’ll have to say anything (to get me to stay). I just want to get to know him and him get to know me. And I know he knows a little bit about me. Like he said, he’s gonna watch film on the season. That’s cool, he could help develop.”

On Crean:
“He’s very passionate about the job and what he’s gonna bring. He knows a lot about basketball…I watched him play against my brother in the NCAA Tournament. You could tell he was very passionate and gets a lot out of his players and plays good defense. I remember Jerel McNeal and him talking. They play very good defense and they’re very competitive.”

On the immediate future:
“I think the toughest thing right now is just us getting to know each other. That’s the most important thing, and that’s really what I’m looking for…What I was concerned about the most (was) the more kids leaving, it’s going to be hard for a coach to pick this school because it’s gonna be a very tough job and it’s gonna take a couple years to, you know, get back on his feet. So, just hoping I can get it over with.”

On Crean saying the IU job is No. 1:
“It is. He knows it’s gonna bring a lot of spotlight to you. It’s a very good job to have, and he’s gonna have the spotlight on him if you do good or do bad, so it’s a very challenging job.”

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=1885
That really doesnt say he is staying or going so I think its a real possibility...
No, all I said was that I wasnt a fan of Gillispies. I never once put Crawford down and that he was the heart and soul of this team and if not for him and Bradley, UK wouldnt have had all the wins they did have. They kept us in games and provided the leadership this team needed and is now without. I did say things about Bradley early on in the season, but he came around and showed what he is made of. The rest of the team besides Jasper and a few other players were terrible.
Id love to see him come to Uk. I watched him and he looked better than his older brother Joe Crawford that played for uk this year.
He is gonna stay at IU.
RavenBoy Wrote:He is gonna stay at IU.
Again, is this your opinion or is there an internet source reporting this information...?
Homer Simpson Wrote:Id love to see him come to Uk. I watched him and he looked better than his older brother Joe Crawford that played for uk this year.

I think he was better at the beggining of the season. But closer to the end of the season, Joe was better IMO.
fballfan07 Wrote:Again, is this your opinion or is there an internet source reporting this information...?
ohh thats just my opinion.
RavenBoy Wrote:ohh thats just my opinion.
O thanks...but if I was him, I would strongly consider the transfer...

Its be the best player on probably a 15 win team (assuming Gordon goes pro) which will probably being facing probation and rebuilding the rest of your career

OR

Go to an up and coming UK team that could be a serious contender for next year...
fballfan07 Wrote:O thanks...but if I was him, I would strongly consider the transfer...

Its be the best player on probably a 15 win team (assuming Gordon goes pro) which will probably being facing probation and rebuilding the rest of your career

OR

Go to an up and coming UK team that could be a serious contender for next year...
I would say his brother already tried to get him to but wouldnt.
RavenBoy Wrote:I would say his brother already tried to get him to but wouldnt.
I think its absolutely stupid to stay at IU as a player...If he transferred, IU would have to be crazy not to lift the release from his LOI allowing him to be able to play immediately as a CAT...

Maybe its just me, but I hate losing and I really think thats what Crawford will be getting a heavy dose of at IU
I read in the CJ the other day that Joe tried to him in staying at IU.
What grade is he in a freshman?