Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds' Games Discussion
Post all Game discussions in this thread.

The Cincinnati Reds kick off the season tomorrow (Monday) night against the Arizona Diamondbacks. The game will feature Reds' Ace Aaron Harang going against d-backs' #1 starter Brandon Web.

Starting Day Roster:
CF Corey Patterson
SS Jeff Keppinger
RF Ken Griffey Jr.
2B Brandon Phillips
LF Adam Dunn
3B Edwin Encarnacion
1B Scott Hatteberg
C Javy Valentin
P Aaron Harang

The Pitching Rotation for the Reds will be:
Aaron Harang
Bronson Arroyo
Johnny Cueto
Josh Fogg
Edinson Volquez

I see a couple of questions here with Cueto (21 years old) and Volquez (24) but they did beat out the leaders coming into camp (Matt Belisle and top pitching prospect Homer Bailey) so I have faith in Baker doing what it right.

Let the Season begin.....GO REDS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just a dull day all around, after the delay for rain. Seemed like it took all the life out of both teams. Offense not good today, but who can expect to do anything with Webb's 5 lb medicine ball sinker in the rain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, pretty disappointing way to start off the year. Harang pitched well (6 IP, 2 ER), but two solo homers and an early throwing error cost him the game. The Reds' bats never woke up, with Brandon Phillips getting the only big hit, a run-scoring triple.

Oh well. Hopefully the bats will get going against the D-Backs' Dan Haren Wednesday night.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
this is just a classic example of why Webb is the best in the NL.
he had great change in speeds keeping the reds hitters off balance all game long. Not to mention his 90 mph sinker.

They're some questions with Cueto and Volquez but everyone got excited with last year's rotaion and we are alot better this year. The real weakenss is Fogg, can't wait to see Homer get back into the rotaion, alog with Bruce and Votto in the middle of that lineup.

GO REDS!!
Hope "The Cowboy" Jeff Brantley has a tall cold one to wash down all that boot he had to swallow, after sticking his foot in his mouth tonite. No quicker than he finished chastising Edwin for not being a clutch player, not EVER have gotten a clutch hit, does Edwin go yard with the 3 run walk off.
Great finish to another somewhat boring game. #1 for Dusty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was that Brantley, didn't sound like him I thought. Though he is eating some crow right now lol! "He is just not a clutch hitter what so ever he needs.....", Home Run, Reds Win!!! It was great.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Hope "The Cowboy" Jeff Brantley has a tall cold one to wash down all that boot he had to swallow, after sticking his foot in his mouth tonite. No quicker than he finished chastising Edwin for not being a clutch player, not EVER have gotten a clutch hit, does Edwin go yard with the 3 run walk off.
Great finish to another somewhat boring game. #1 for Dusty.

Did Brantley really say that? I wasn't listening to the game at the time, but I know earlier in the evening when I was listening Chris Welsh was Marty's partner.

Regardless, whoever said it must not have watched the Reds play any last year. One could level several criticisms at Encarnacion, such as his terrible fielding, but clutch hitting is certainly not one of them. If anything, EE is the most clutch hitter on the whole team. I know last year he led the team in batting with runners in scoring position, which sounds like as good a mark of clutch hitting as I can think of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well Weathers just did really well. 19 pitches in relief, 14 balls...walked the bases loaded. Wow Rolleyes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
But the Reds hold on the win 3-2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds win, 3-2!

Johnny Cueto was outstanding in his major league debut, going 7 innings only giving up 1 hit, 1 run, and no walks, all while racking up 10 strikeouts. Future looks bright for this kid... Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cincinnati is now 2-1 on the young season.
Rookie Johnny Cueto got the win on the mound with a perfect game into the 6th with 10 Ks
Cordero got the save.

Good start for the Reds!!!
I thought this game was going to be on tv but couldnt find it anywhere. Arroyo just looked bat at times yesterday. I think we will be among the top teams in the division this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:I thought this game was going to be on tv but couldnt find it anywhere. Arroyo just looked bat at times yesterday. I think we will be among the top teams in the division this year.

I didn't get to check today, but I know that if the Reds game isn't being broadcast by a major network, normally I can find it on FSN.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
It was only on FSN Arizona. Cueto looked great today... hopefully they will keep winning!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Reds looked good today! Cueto was awesome! I just wish it would have been a little warmer. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cueto is a machine and he proved it today. Great outing for Cincy and hope they can keep it up!
Cueto looked great today! I hope Volquez does just as good on Sunday.
I tried to add Cueto to my fantasy league until SOMEONE else took'em!

I excited about the Reds thus far. The Phillies series will be interesting. The Phils are a team no one is really talking about in the East and remember, they did make the postseason last year and have arguably the best 2B in the game in Chase Utley...

Volquez will be a treat!
jammin' jamey Wrote:I tried to add Cueto to my fantasy league until SOMEONE else took'em!
Correction...someone else already HAD them.
The Reds have found a tremendous young arm in Cueto.
Dont get your hopes up on the Reds, Yankees all the way.
Ha Ha..

Good win for the Reds today against Philly...Volquez gets the rubber game tomorrow.
RavenBoy Wrote:Dont get your hopes up on the Reds, Yankees all the way.

I agree with you on the first part, but disagree on the second part. Gotta go with the Cubbies.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I agree with you on the first part, but disagree on the second part. Gotta go with the Cubbies.

I don't think that you should go with the cubbies because
  1. They're Cursed
  2. The Reds have a great defense and 3 to 4 quality starters in the rotation
  3. They may be the runners up but in the end it will be the................Cincinnati Redlegs
    Smile :Clap: TongueirateSho
Reds win again today, beating the Phillies 8-2. Ed Volquez pitches well in his Reds debut, holding the Phillies' powerful lineup to 1 run in 5 1/3 innings, while racking up 8 strikeouts.

Considering the lineup he faced today (compared to the D-Backs' hitters), I think he had every bit an impressive outing today as Cueto had last week. Hopefully a sign of many good days for the two rookies.

Reds try to take 3 of 4 tomorrow, with Bronson Arroyo going against Cole Hamels.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Javy really did take a 3rd strike looking to end the game, with tying runs in scoring position. As bad as he's been struggling to start out, I wish Dusty woulda went with Votto in that last situation, jus to let him get a taste of pressure and see how he woulda responded. Ahh, a split with one of the favs in the NL East isnt too bad.
For anyone that hasnt seen the boxscore or the game, check out the starting lineup for today.....weird, but didnt work too bad, especially considering Hamels was on for most of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Reds looked good last night. They hit the ball really well and made some good plays on the field. Hairston played very good in his first start since moving up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds lose today to the Mets 8-3 after splitting the double header yesterday losing the day game 12-6 while spilling out 15 hits and theywon the night game 7-1 while getting 14 hits, 29 hits in 2 games and they could only manage a split. Cueto was not on his game today and lost suffered his fourth loss in his last 6 decisions. Things are looking down right now Cincinnati, hopefully they can rebound against the surprising Marlins at Great American.
Seems like the rest of the league has figured out Cueto, as he has been hit pretty hard his last few starts. Hopefully he can make some adjustments and get back to the way he was pitching earlier this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sundays pitching matchup for the Indians and the Reds will be one of the best of the year so far. Cliff Lee (6-0, 0.67 ERA) v.s. Edison Volquez (6-1, 1.12 ERA). Two great pitchers who lead the AL and NL in ERA respectively. Should call for a great game.