Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillispie and Oklahoma State?
Tubby was and still is a good coach and an even better person. I agree that he won the title with Rick's players, I have believed that since it happened. I still cant bring myself to like Gillispie, something about him just makes me not like him, and like I said before, he cant coach for spit. I mean come on, starting Coury when the boy is as basketball dumb as they come, and when he did start, he was in the game for like 2-3 minutes before he was taken out not to be played again, thats just ridiculous. A.J. Stewart should have been playing more in Coury's spot, he is way better, sure he made some mistakes but hes a freshman, thats what they do, even the almighty Patterson made mistakes, and not just a few. For a player of Pattersons size, he should have been a better rebounder than what he is/was. Its sad when the guards have more rebounds and do it better than someone of Pattersons supposed skill. Now that Crawford and Bradley are gone, the true leaders of the team and the only reason UK wasnt worse than what they were, I will be more of a Louisville fan, and until Gillispie is gone it will remain that way. You all can say what you want about that statement, I dont care. Tell me im crazy or stupid or threaten me, I dont care, but I would much rather be a fan of a team with a coach that knows what they are doing.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Tubby was and still is a good coach and an even better person. I agree that he won the title with Rick's players, I have believed that since it happened. I still cant bring myself to like Gillispie, something about him just makes me not like him, and like I said before, he cant coach for spit. I mean come on, starting Coury when the boy is as basketball dumb as they come, and when he did start, he was in the game for like 2-3 minutes before he was taken out not to be played again, thats just ridiculous. A.J. Stewart should have been playing more in Coury's spot, he is way better, sure he made some mistakes but hes a freshman, thats what they do, even the almighty Patterson made mistakes, and not just a few. For a player of Pattersons size, he should have been a better rebounder than what he is/was. Its sad when the guards have more rebounds and do it better than someone of Pattersons supposed skill. Now that Crawford and Bradley are gone, the true leaders of the team and the only reason UK wasnt worse than what they were, I will be more of a Louisville fan, and until Gillispie is gone it will remain that way. You all can say what you want about that statement, I dont care. Tell me im crazy or stupid or threaten me, I dont care, but I would much rather be a fan of a team with a coach that knows what they are doing.
who cares how good of a person Tubby is. Its either you can or cant coach and he cant.
Would he a huge shocker to me if Gillispie left Kentucky for Oklahoma state.
this could never work...
There saying that if Self and Gillspie turns the deal down then he might go after Tubby Smith.
Whoever lands the job at Oklahoma State will be getting alot of money. Especially if Bill Self takes the job because he would be receiving a 6 million dollar signing bonus plus 4 million a year.

All this is really is Billy Donovan with us last spring, I'm just glad that its OSU going through it this time.
I say ship him off let Oklahoma State have him
HawksRule Wrote:I say ship him off let Oklahoma State have him

Are you referring to Gillispie or Self?
Braves fan 26, no offense to you but you obviously dont know a lot about basketball and I dont mean that in a condesending way. We now have a coach, Gillepie, that plays the players who play the hardest in practice, not the ones with the biggest hype or ability. When the players with the talent and ability learn that and play hard and practice hard that is not only how you win games but win championships. Anyone who has ever been around the game knows that, not that you should. May be a good idea for you to cheer for L-ville and we'll see what you are saying in another year or so. Thats just my opinion. Big Grin
blackcat_student Wrote:Are you referring to Gillispie or Self?

Gillispie, Self needs to stay with Kansas
bballfan96 Wrote:Braves fan 26, no offense to you but you obviously dont know a lot about basketball and I dont mean that in a condesending way. We now have a coach, Gillepie, that plays the players who play the hardest in practice, not the ones with the biggest hype or ability. When the players with the talent and ability learn that and play hard and practice hard that is not only how you win games but win championships. Anyone who has ever been around the game knows that, not that you should. May be a good idea for you to cheer for L-ville and we'll see what you are saying in another year or so. Thats just my opinion. Big Grin
Plain and simple, if Tubby was so great then why couldnt he win 1 after Pitinos players left? The Tub is drained and we have a new coach thank god. If he dont win 1 after 10 years we will get rid of him too.
RavenBoy Wrote:Plain and simple, if Tubby was so great then why couldnt he win 1 after Pitinos players left? The Tub is drained and we have a new coach thank god. If he dont win 1 after 10 years we will get rid of him too.

Myself if he stays (wich he will) we will have one 2 or 3 in 10 yrs!!!!
4_real Wrote:Myself if he stays (wich he will) we will have one 2 or 3 in 10 yrs!!!!
I hope your correct.
John Calipari!!! That's who UK needs. Great recruiter and I love his offense. Anyone agree?
Godspeed Wrote:John Calipari!!! That's who UK needs. Great recruiter and I love his offense. Anyone agree?

What offense? Kansas was the only team that made Memphis attempt one, and it was nonexistent.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Tubby was and still is a good coach and an even better person. I agree that he won the title with Rick's players, I have believed that since it happened. I still cant bring myself to like Gillispie, something about him just makes me not like him, and like I said before, he cant coach for spit. I mean come on, starting Coury when the boy is as basketball dumb as they come, and when he did start, he was in the game for like 2-3 minutes before he was taken out not to be played again, thats just ridiculous. A.J. Stewart should have been playing more in Coury's spot, he is way better, sure he made some mistakes but hes a freshman, thats what they do, even the almighty Patterson made mistakes, and not just a few. For a player of Pattersons size, he should have been a better rebounder than what he is/was. Its sad when the guards have more rebounds and do it better than someone of Pattersons supposed skill. Now that Crawford and Bradley are gone, the true leaders of the team and the only reason UK wasnt worse than what they were, I will be more of a Louisville fan, and until Gillispie is gone it will remain that way. You all can say what you want about that statement, I dont care. Tell me im crazy or stupid or threaten me, I dont care, but I would much rather be a fan of a team with a coach that knows what they are doing.
You're not a true UK fan anyways. A REAL UK fan bleeds blue no matter what, and sticks with their team.
I hope Gillispie departs for OSU and the Cowboys' basketball program. I know your thinking that I'm crazy but wouldn't you rather have a good character and alumnus guy like Pelphrey than a guy like Gillispie who has been rumored to make Alex Legion leave because he was going out with Legions' girlfriend and who is an acoholic. JMO though, I thought I'd add my 2 cents
Jshort5 Wrote:I hope Gillispie departs for OSU and the Cowboys' basketball program. I know your thinking that I'm crazy but wouldn't you rather have a good character and alumnus guy like Pelphrey than a guy like Gillispie who has been rumored to make Alex Legion leave because he was going out with Legions' girlfriend and who is an acoholic. JMO though, I thought I'd add my 2 cents

Legion's girlfriend was very good looking. I don't blame him. Just kidding I have heard this too, and it's rediculus. I like BG, but I wouldn't mind having Pelphrey, but if I were Pelphrey I wouldn't come back after they gave him the cold shoulder in the first place.
RavenBoy Wrote:If the money is right anyone would leave, ask pitino.

I'm pretty sure that right now, Billy G is the highest paid college coach in the country.
PATS2011 Wrote:I'm pretty sure that right now, Billy G is the highest paid college coach in the country.

I don't think that is accurate considering he is not even on a contract right now. There are so many more coaches making more than him...Roy Williams, Coach K, Coach Self, Calipari, Billy Donovan. Those are just a few. I am sure there are more. Billy G is not near the top at all, atleast not right now. If he brings home a championship in the next 3 years, maybe. UK is smart enough not too put a lot of money into a coach who hasn't proved himself that much. He still has a lot to do at UK before he will see that pay check get bigger and he knows that.
PATS2011 Wrote:I'm pretty sure that right now, Billy G is the highest paid college coach in the country.
No way, Billy D is.
He will stay
I hope he goes.. id like to have travis ford
Homer Simpson Wrote:I hope he goes.. id like to have travis ford

You obviously haven't been paying attention to sports recently... Travis Ford is the new coach at Oklahoma State.