Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotty Hopson All-American Game
Scotty has been in less than a minute, has 4 points 2 coming off an alley oop dunk.

If you watch this game, watch Brandon Jennings, he has one heck of a street ball flair to him.
Make that 6 for Hopson.
Jennings is the one with the old school Kid-n-Play fade, isnt he?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Jennings is the one with the old school Kid-n-Play fade, isnt he?

Yep, he's got 6 or 7 assists already. He's from Compton, so you can see where his fade and street ball skills come from.
As soon as i finished typing that message, he made a no-look, across-the-lane dish.
Haha, thats funny. The announcer jus referred to Kid-n-Play also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude, this guy is awesome. He's worth checkin out for anyone thats not watching. I despise basketball, but he is pretty fun to watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brandon Jennings chose between UK, Arizona, and UConn. Most thought UK or UConn would get him, but we can only think what it could have been with him lol.
Where does everyone think Hopson will go?
Hopefully Hopson comes to UK, but id say he will end up somewhere else we have to many fowards anyways.. Id like to see UK get that Ater Majok from Australia.. or Tyreke Evans . . Has anyone heard that Ebanks that singed and withdrew from Indiana coming to uk
Homer Simpson Wrote:Hopefully Hopson comes to UK, but id say he will end up somewhere else we have to many fowards anyways.. Id like to see UK get that Ater Majok from Australia.. or Tyreke Evans . . Has anyone heard that Ebanks that singed and withdrew from Indiana coming to uk

I would love to see uk go after Majok, he's a big, very athletic player.

Im sure you have already read this, but on Kentucky sports radio they had a blog about some potential recruits, including all of the ones you mentioned. Here's the link.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/
I wouldn't want Hopson.
He's a Mcdonald's All American and you're saying you wouldn't' want him? Who do you root for? If it's Kentucky, I think you have no right saying who you want and don't want, UK is happy with whatever they can get.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He's a Mcdonald's All American and you're saying you wouldn't' want him? Who do you root for? If it's Kentucky, I think you have no right saying who you want and don't want, UK is happy with whatever they can get.

I don't think Kentucky has to settle for anybody. It's still UK and we will be one of the best programs out there so they don't need to panic and just sign anyone.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He's a Mcdonald's All American and you're saying you wouldn't' want him? Who do you root for? If it's Kentucky, I think you have no right saying who you want and don't want, UK is happy with whatever they can get.
I'm not a die hard UK fan but yea I like them, and who cares if I have no say so in it? I was saying if I was a coach I wouldn't take him, he doesn't do anything but drive to the hole and throw it up and overpower guys 6 inches shorter than he. He doesn't play defense or fight for rebounds. I counted 5 times last night that he was the last man back on defense. How many times have you seen him play? Or are you basing your whole case for singing him over the fact that he is a McDonald's All-America? And check my teams at the bottom lol they never change. I'm not a front runner.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I'm not a die hard UK fan but yea I like them, and who cares if I have no say so in it? I was saying if I was a coach I wouldn't take him, he doesn't do anything but drive to the hole and throw it up and overpower guys 6 inches shorter than he. He doesn't play defense or fight for rebounds. I counted 5 times last night that he was the last man back on defense. How many times have you seen him play? Or are you basing your whole case for singing him over the fact that he is a McDonald's All-America? And check my teams at the bottom lol they never change. I'm not a front runner.

Not to be off topic but your teams at the bottom are some of the worst in terms of records and scandals, do you want people to feel sorry for you for liking them because that's the only reason I can think of for you mentioning who you root for.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Not to be off topic but your teams at the bottom are some of the worst in terms of records and scandals, do you want people to feel sorry for you for liking them because that's the only reason I can think of for you mentioning who you root for.
Thanks for pointing that out. It means that I'm not going to like a team just because they are good. Look at yours: The Celtics, Pats, and Yankees? But back to the topic, how many times have you seen Hopson play?
MVP2 Wrote:Where does everyone think Hopson will go?
Hopefully not UK, Overrated.
RavenBoy Wrote:Hopefully not UK, Overrated.
ARE YOU CRAZY? HE'S A MCDONALDS ALL AMERICAN? lol Smile
Panther Thunder Wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. It means that I'm not going to like a team just because they are good. Look at yours: The Celtics, Pats, and Yankees? But back to the topic, how many times have you seen Hopson play?

3 times. and All VERY impressive performances.
PC_You_Know Wrote:3 times. and All VERY impressive performances.
Every time I've seen the guy play he plays with the attitude of give me the d*** ball and get out my way. He cannot And I stress cannot create a shot, or make a shot for that matter. He has athleticism out the ying yang but so do 85% of D1 players. IDK I guess we just have different opinions about him. Lol likely he go to UK and dominate and I'll sit here and laugh about it.
Panther Thunder Wrote:ARE YOU CRAZY? HE'S A MCDONALDS ALL AMERICAN? lol Smile
Yea Tubby got all of those players and look where he got us. Destroyed our program.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea Tubby got all of those players and look where he got us. Destroyed our program.
No, what destroyed our program was people like Rondo, Morris, Azubukie going pro early...then the loss of Erik Daniels and Chuck Hayes to graduation and the NBA draft..., following our Elite 8 run in 2005

Tubby didn't even play Crawford/Bradley his first two seasons...

Then he followed up his #1 recruiting class with two top flight classes in . Sheray Thomas, Bobby Perry, and Orbzut for '05, and one lone recruit for '06 with the dominant Jared Carter...

That's the reason we are still trying to recover from the two horrible years from Tubby...Now, Gillespie is trying to clean up the mess....
Panther Thunder Wrote:Every time I've seen the guy play he plays with the attitude of give me the d*** ball and get out my way. He cannot And I stress cannot create a shot, or make a shot for that matter. He has athleticism out the ying yang but so do 85% of D1 players. IDK I guess we just have different opinions about him. Lol likely he go to UK and dominate and I'll sit here and laugh about it.
He looked very good in the McDonalds game at creating his own shot and getting to the free throw line. He could be a playmaker and a scorer. If it were up to me I would go after him despite what some may think of his attitude. Gillispie has already shown through Crawford what a change in attitude can do. And through Alex Legion that it is either put out or get out.

Hopson could provide an instant scorer that UK will be lacking next season.