Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you think Paintsville will do this year???
Well i play football for Paintsville Tigers....but I'm just curious of how ya'll think we will do this year????

Now that Coach Runyon is the head coach something might happen you may never know....
With what Paintsivlle has coming back, you have to think they will be one of the favorites in their district and region, along with Pikeville.
I think you guys will be pretty good...somewhere around #10 in Class A. I don't think Paintsville will beat Pikeville considering Paintsville has beat Pikeville I think 1 time in the past 20 years. With the game at Pikeville this year I think the Panthers win by 2-3 TDs...which results in Paintsville coming in 2nd in the district and hosting a home playoff game. Paintsville may have the team to win district and if the game were at Paintsville if could be a toss-up. It wouldn't surprise me to see Paintsville and Pikeville play for a district and regional title, though Lynn Camp and Somerset will have a say in that.
With District 7 having homefield that means Pikeville or Paintsville will have to win a game at either Lynn Camp or Somerset...which will make it harder for the 2 teams to play for a region title. It should be a interesting season with Pikeville, Paintsville, Lynn Camp, and Somerset all having very good teams from what I have heard.
PHSFAN Wrote:With District 7 having homefield that means Pikeville or Paintsville will have to win a game at either Lynn Camp or Somerset...which will make it harder for the 2 teams to play for a region title. It should be a interesting season with Pikeville, Paintsville, Lynn Camp, and Somerset all having very good teams from what I have heard.

But if Paintsville, let's say, comes in FIRST in the district and wins their playoff game, they'd play the winner of the #2 seed from District 7 and the #3 seed from their district.

If the #2 team from Dist. 7 wins and has to play the #1 team from the other district (Paintsville), the 2nd round game would be at PAINTSVILLE cause they're the higher seed.

I'm pretty sure Dist. 7 gets homefield advantage if in the THIRD ROUND (Regional Championship) ONLY if both teams are the #1 seeds from their district or the Dist. 7 team is higher than their opponent.
Football24_7 Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:With District 7 having homefield that means Pikeville or Paintsville will have to win a game at either Lynn Camp or Somerset...which will make it harder for the 2 teams to play for a region title. It should be a interesting season with Pikeville, Paintsville, Lynn Camp, and Somerset all having very good teams from what I have heard.

But if Paintsville, let's say, comes in FIRST in the district and wins their playoff game, they'd play the winner of the #2 seed from District 7 and the #3 seed from their district.

If the #2 team from Dist. 7 wins and has to play the #1 team from the other district (Paintsville), the 2nd round game would be at PAINTSVILLE cause they're the higher seed.
I'm pretty sure Dist. 7 gets homefield advantage if in the THIRD ROUND (Regional Championship) ONLY if both teams are the #1 seeds from their district or the Dist. 7 team is higher than their opponent.

You are right if that scenario plays out then Paintsville could host the regional title. That being said I will be shocked if Paintsville wins their district. More than likely the regional championship will be at Lynn Camp or Somerset, and I think Pikeville will be playing in the game. There are a lot of scenarios that could play out including a regional title of Pikeville at Paintsville, Paintsville at Pikeville, Somerset at Lynn Camp, Lynn Camp at Somerset, Lynn Camp at Pikeville, etc. My early prediction is Pikeville at Somerset.
Paintsville will be harder to defend this year. You won't see belly right 95% of the time. This team will have a run/throw ratio of about 60/40. This team has at least 3 4 year starters on the line. They have good backs and other skill position players. The only question mark will be their defense.
sportwhiz Wrote:The only question mark will be their defense.

"ONLY" !!!! That's the WORST question-mark you can have at all! I really thought PHS would be okay on d this year as many young guys that played?
Yeah our D will be better then lastyears...now doubt about it....we got alot more guys then lastyear playing and alot of them want to play D...so maybe our defense will be better ....you just don't know until you see Idea Idea
I wonder if Kyle Sublett will still be leading the D at MLB? Youd figure with his 20 tackle and 3 sack game against Hazard last year he will be a force to reckon with next year. Idea
Football24_7 Wrote:

"ONLY" !!!! That's the WORST question-mark you can have at all! I really thought PHS would be okay on d this year as many young guys that played?
I didnt mean the defense would be bad. It just won't be as good as the offense.

That's just goes to show you how much better the offense will be.
sportwhiz Wrote:
Football24_7 Wrote:

I didnt mean the defense would be bad. It just won't be as good as the offense.

That's just goes to show you how much better the offense will be.

Then with all that being said -- VERY potent offense, a defense that's nearly as good, a new VERY popular head coach taking over that will get more athletes out than last year, Pikeville getting a new coach their kids will have to adjust to, Hazard maybe being down a little again -- would we all agree Paintsville might have to be considered the FAVORITE in the district this year???

I'm really starting to think that could be the case!
Pikeville is the favorite. Paintsville plays at Pikeville this year in the last game of the regular season which means the kids will be adjusted to Coach Jackson. Considering Paintsville has beat Pikeville 1 time in the past 20 years and with the talent Pikeville still has they are the favorite. I do however believe Paintsville is making good strides in their football program. I hope they become a annual threat to Pikeville....it would make a grat rivalary, which it isn't right now. If the two Pvilles both have great programs it will benefit both programs. I hope Pikeville and Paintsvile play for the district and regional title. 8)
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville is the favorite. Paintsville plays at Pikeville this year in the last game of the regular season which means the kids will be adjusted to Coach Jackson. Considering Paintsville has beat Pikeville 1 time in the past 20 years and with the talent Pikeville still has they are the favorite. I do however believe Paintsville is making good strides in their football program. I hope they become a annual threat to Pikeville....it would make a grat rivalary, which it isn't right now. If the two Pvilles both have great programs it will benefit both programs. I hope Pikeville and Paintsvile play for the district and regional title. 8)

This has nothing to do with Pikeville....its asking what and how do you think Paintsville will do this year....NOT PIKEVILLE
Football78 Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville is the favorite. Paintsville plays at Pikeville this year in the last game of the regular season which means the kids will be adjusted to Coach Jackson. Considering Paintsville has beat Pikeville 1 time in the past 20 years and with the talent Pikeville still has they are the favorite. I do however believe Paintsville is making good strides in their football program. I hope they become a annual threat to Pikeville....it would make a grat rivalary, which it isn't right now. If the two Pvilles both have great programs it will benefit both programs. I hope Pikeville and Paintsvile play for the district and regional title. 8)

This has nothing to do with Pikeville....its asking what and how do you think Paintsville will do this year....NOT PIKEVILLE

Get over your hatred for Pikeville....the statement was said that Paitsville may be the favorite for the district title and I simply said why I don't think it will happen.. Better beat the Panthers this year Tigers because if it dont happen this year it wont happen for another 20 years.
Well, regardless, both teams have to work hard, or neither one of them may be playing for region... district,region, and state titles aren't given away
Im looking forward to the Pikeville and Paintsville game this year, hopefully it'll be more exciting than last years game