Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Catcher's in the 15th Region....
List of the top catcher's in the 15th....
I think there is really no discussion on this. I would hope that everyone would agree that Timmy Hayes is the best catcher. I may be wrong about people thinking that, but I would hope so. I think Adams has potential to get to that level, however, he is not there yet, but he definetly will be.
Well, he didn't say best Catcher, He said best Catcher's, so there is a discussion cause there are other catchers in the 15th besides Hayes. He's very good but there are other kids who are good, not as good as Hayes though.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Well, he didn't say best Catcher, He said best Catcher's, so there is a discussion cause there are other catchers in the 15th besides Hayes. He's very good but there are other kids who are good, not as good as Hayes though.

Well I do stand corrected I really didn't see the plural form on the end of the thread. So discuss on....

I'll add these:
Hayes-LC
Adams-Paintsville
Johnson Central's catcher has alot of potential as well, but I can think of the kid's name for anything. Somebody help out. I'll be honest after that i'm not sure.
I agree with you on your list. I can't think of the kids name either though, so I'm no help.
Taylor Smith, a sophomore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Taylor Smith, a sophomore.

Thank you. Great athletic kid.
the 15th does not have a lot of good catchers this season..

so I agree

Hayes-obviously good, but OMG over rates him IMO

Adams- good catcher ,, junior this year

Smith- ok needs lots of wrk ,,,,framing and throwing ....soph

I don't think there are any more that would make the list
INSIGHT Wrote:the 15th does not have a lot of good catchers this season..

so I agree

Hayes-obviously good, but OMG over rates him IMO

Adams- good catcher ,, junior this year

Smith- ok needs lots of wrk ,,,,framing and throwing ....soph

I don't think there are any more that would make the list

I think Adams has the potential to be extremely good, but how in the world do you think I "overrate" Hayes? He has been the best catcher in the 15th for the past couple of years. Going to Louisville. Do you even realize how hard it is to go D1 as a catcher? He is a great catcher, athlete, student, and overall he's just a good kid. The first time I met Hayes was at a Showcase and I asked his dad if he had been to alot of showcases. His dad said that was his 5th they had been to in 3 months, and they had been traveling all around to go. I think it really takes that to get your name out, especially if your from eastern kentucky.

However, if Adams committs himselt like Hayes has over the past couple of years I think Adams could potentially be better than him.
I also agree on the over rating by OMG. Great player indeed he is, but to me, as far as comparing the best in the region, there's not alot of difference in Hayes and Adams. I'll take Corey's bat over Tim and be very happy, but Hayes prob a lil ahead on the defensive side right now. Smith really looks like a carbon copy of Adams to me; the good contact at the plate, very active behind the plate, but agree with Insight on Smith needing to strengthen in the small areas, still a lil sloppy.
Ive tried going out of the 57th, but no one really pops in my mind. Someone out there got any choices? I'm thinking I was impressed with Pikeville's C last year a little bit, but cant recall what the situation is there, as far as grad or not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I also agree on the over rating by OMG. Great player indeed he is, but to me, as far as comparing the best in the region, there's not alot of difference in Hayes and Adams. I'll take Corey's bat over Tim and be very happy, but Hayes prob a lil ahead on the defensive side right now. Smith really looks like a carbon copy of Adams to me; the good contact at the plate, very active behind the plate, but agree with Insight on Smith needing to strengthen in the small areas, still a lil sloppy.
Ive tried going out of the 57th, but no one really pops in my mind. Someone out there got any choices? I'm thinking I was impressed with Pikeville's C last year a little bit, but cant recall what the situation is there, as far as grad or not?

Pikeville has a young catcher ,I believe is a freshman this year looks to have good potential.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I also agree on the over rating by OMG. Great player indeed he is, but to me, as far as comparing the best in the region, there's not alot of difference in Hayes and Adams. I'll take Corey's bat over Tim and be very happy, but Hayes prob a lil ahead on the defensive side right now. Smith really looks like a carbon copy of Adams to me; the good contact at the plate, very active behind the plate, but agree with Insight on Smith needing to strengthen in the small areas, still a lil sloppy.

Hayes hit .440 last season with a couple homeruns.
OMG Wrote:Hayes hit .440 last season with a couple homeruns.

Sorry I forgot to add the other part to my post. Adams hit .423 I believe. So as far as their bat goes theres not much difference. Hayes maybe an advantage because of his experience, but Adams has the potential to surpass him after this year. Look, Hayes is the best in this particular region. That's all I was getting at. I think Adams is next in line and could end up being better than him if he puts in the work, and I hope he does. I think Adams is a great assest to Paintsville's team, and they will be relying on him a lot this year for big hits and run production. I wish Adams had a little more size on him, but if you work hard enough that shouldn't come into play anyway. They are both great catchers. I wish Hayes luck at Louisville, and I really hope Adams has a good year and leads Paintsville to the regional championship. He will certainly be a huge factor in their success.

Not in the 15th, but Greenup's catcher is a junior this year, and he has a great bat as well. I look for him to get some looks by his senior year.
SV has three young guys with some potential - Rusty Roberts (9), Dillon Hughes (10), and Cody Varney (10, also a good pitcher). All three have excellent potential, if they keep up the hard work. I heard that Roberts caught most of their first scrimmage and did a good job. Varney and Hughes both caught some last year, but they're still relatively new at it. It may take a year or so, but any of these guys could make some noise in the years to come - maybe even this year.
mic_man Wrote:SV has three young guys with some potential - Rusty Roberts (9), Dillon Hughes (10), and Cody Varney (10, also a good pitcher). All three have excellent potential, if they keep up the hard work. I heard that Roberts caught most of their first scrimmage and did a good job. Varney and Hughes both caught some last year, but they're still relatively new at it. It may take a year or so, but any of these guys could make some noise in the years to come - maybe even this year.

I have not heard much on these guys, it's good to see SV making improvements. How is SV as a team going to be this year?
OMG Wrote:I have not heard much on these guys. How is SV as a team going to be this year?

Should be OK - not a powerhouse, of course, but decent. They could make some noise in the 59th and hopefully keep a .500+ record. Got a great group of athletes, but some of them need quite a bit of work to be baseball players. They're mostly seniors, though, so next year could be tough. But hey, let's look at this year, huh? :-) They've got at least 3 or 4 good pitchers (Varney, Justin Tackett (12), Brock Kinney (12), and Steven Wright (12)) and a couple young guys as well, not to mention Tyler Johnson (12) - he had almost NO control last year, but is looking MUCH IMPROVED this year - and he can fireball it with the best of them! If they play to their potential, it could be a good year in the Valley.
INSIGHT Wrote:Pikeville has a young catcher ,I believe is a freshman this year looks to have good potential.

Patrick Keene is a soph. this year. I assume that is who you are talking about. Just a good athlete all around.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Patrick Keene is a soph. this year. I assume that is who you are talking about. Just a good athlete all around.

I remember the Keene kid he was a good athlete.
Tim Hayes - Lawrence County
Corey Adams - Paintsville
Hunter Crowder - Allen Central
BaseballMan Wrote:Tim Hayes - Lawrence County
Corey Adams - Paintsville
Hunter Crowder - Allen Central

Crowder is one of the twins right?
OMG Wrote:Crowder is one of the twins right?

Yeah, Hunter catches (right handed) and Logan pitches (left handed).
gotcha2 Wrote:Yeah, Hunter catches (right handed) and Logan pitches (left handed).

I think I watched Logan throw last year in the region. I think he threw against LC either first or second round.
OMG Wrote:I think I watched Logan throw last year in the region. I think he threw against LC either first or second round.

Yeah- Logan pitched against LC in the second round.
OMG Wrote:Not in the 15th, but Greenup's catcher is a junior this year, and he has a great bat as well. I look for him to get some looks by his senior year.

Good bat, slow feet, no arm.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Good bat, slow feet, no arm.

His bat is what I was basing that on. I seen him at the state tournament last year, but it was hard to tell anything about him. I seen him hit, and he does have potential there. Hopefully he can improve his feetwork, and a catcher with no arm can be gotten around if he has a quick release. That I don't know about him either.
OMG Wrote:His bat is what I was basing that on. I seen him at the state tournament last year, but it was hard to tell anything about him. I seen him hit, and he does have potential there. Hopefully he can improve his feetwork, and a catcher with no arm can be gotten around if he has a quick release. That I don't know about him either.
Not there either. Saw him a bunch.
Hayes is the best....hands down....no comparison.....
After that, Corey Adams and Taylor Smith are close seconds. Both have great bats. Taylor is full-time catcher for JC and Adams plays some outfield
RedSeal Wrote:Hayes is the best....hands down....no comparison.....
After that, Corey Adams and Taylor Smith are close seconds. Both have great bats. Taylor is full-time catcher for JC and Adams plays some outfield

Yea I agree100%
What about ER's Caleb Epling?