Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate Cox now Officially a Patriot.
No longer a rumor. Tate Cox is now enrolled and attending classes at Knott County Central. Finally we can put a rest to the SV and Hazard rumors. Glad to have you aboard Tate, Goodluck next season...Although i doubt you will need it!!! :Cheerlead
Patriots, now officially loaded for next season IMO.
I was contemplating posting this last night. I had run into Tate's cousin and he had told me about Cox's transfer. I didn't want to be the one to start anything, so I kept it quiet. Knott County should definitely be a contender for the 14th next season.

What is the rule dealing with his transfer? Will he have to sit out or what? Just curious.
Pats will be a great team next year.
Good Move Tate, Wish you well at KCC
I'm so excited for us. I've known Tate forever and I am glad to see him at KCC. There should be no restriction on him playing next year as far i as know. Good luck Tate and welcome!
The kingdom at JBS is crumbling...Good luck Tate, you deserve it.
Is this a back court of Stamper and Cox
BondJamesBond Wrote:Is this a back court of Stamper and Cox
You are Correct
They will make a great team.
Good luck to Tate and Brent
Not a big fan on kids transferrin for sports but I don't blame the kid. I woulda done the same thing if I was in his situation. Knott Central should be tough next year.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Good luck to Tate and Brent

And Nason.
I'm glad to see this. JBS peaked last year , really didn't see them doing much this year just because JBS was all about promoting the senior Stepp boy. Well, it backfired and JBS is left with nothing of a basketball team. JBS will return to the bottom of the region again. Don't think either of these boys would have transfered if JBS was the place it claims to be.
haha i love it... Good call to all the people who said it was a lie all this time. Good luck Tate.. Welcome to a real program, and classes that exceed 10 students!
Redneck Wrote:Not a big fan on kids transferrin for sports but I don't blame the kid. I woulda done the same thing if I was in his situation. Knott Central should be tough next year.

I don't think it had everything to do with sports, there were legal issues there. The head master at JBS was relieved of duties for sexual harassment against alot of personnel and staff, so I believe that has alot to do with the transfer. Just what I heard anyway.
I wonder if he'll be eligible???
Did he change residence???

Here is KHSAA By-Law 6-Transfer rule:
http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf
jammin' jamey Wrote:The kingdom at JBS is crumbling...Good luck Tate, you deserve it.

I think the Cox family had just as much to do with creating the JBS kingdom as anyone.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I think the Cox family had just as much to do with creating the JBS kingdom as anyone.
thats what you get for doing your own thinking.
3 points Wrote:thats what you get for doing your own thinking.

Ooooooh, I've struck a nerve.Smile
Is Bartrum still at KCC? Ive heard he left and went to LCC or is going too?
I think Cox, and Stepp should just come to Paintsville??? How great would that be!!! LOL
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ooooooh, I've struck a nerve.Smile
Nobody ,but nobody is included in the Stepp clan, so don't ever think any one helped set up anything. They have a pecking order with oldest at the top and right on down . Every one has a job or 2 or 3. If you feel safe in their little valley, watch your back! No. nobody helped with their "kingdom". That would not be allowed. It means nothing to me, except I KNOW how it is.
3 points Wrote:Nobody ,but nobody is included in the Stepp clan, so don't ever think any one helped set up anything. They have a pecking order with oldest at the top and right on down . Every one has a job or 2 or 3. If you feel safe in their little valley, watch your back! No. nobody helped with their "kingdom". That would not be allowed. It means nothing to me, except I KNOW how it is.

not to start a controversy..But maybe thats why the school is falling apart..Maybe instead of being about the Stepps all the time it needs to be about others as well....
I think the Stepp boys are Magnificent and enjoyed watching them at WYMT tournament...But there are other over there that are just as good as the Stepps!!
It might be a Kingdom to you.....but remember it takes more than 1 or 2 people to build an empire or dynasty!! Be careful...those little people that were used to do the jobs to make Stepps look better may be behind you....so a word of advice...Watch your back also!!:notworthy
3 points Wrote:Nobody ,but nobody is included in the Stepp clan, so don't ever think any one helped set up anything. They have a pecking order with oldest at the top and right on down . Every one has a job or 2 or 3. If you feel safe in their little valley, watch your back! No. nobody helped with their "kingdom". That would not be allowed. It means nothing to me, except I KNOW how it is.
You trying to tell me that all the way back beginning in the AAU elementary years, that Cox money did not help subsidize the "kingdom" ?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You trying to tell me that all the way back beginning in the AAU elementary years, that Cox money did not help subsidize the "kingdom" ?
What a joke hahahahahaha. I'll ask him the next time I run into him. I doubt that they had to pay to get Tate a place on the team. Cox owns grocery stores and he donates to lots of teams.
SecretAgent Wrote:not to start a controversy..But maybe thats why the school is falling apart..Maybe instead of being about the Stepps all the time it needs to be about others as well....
I think the Stepp boys are Magnificent and enjoyed watching them at WYMT tournament...But there are other over there that are just as good as the Stepps!!
It might be a Kingdom to you.....but remember it takes more than 1 or 2 people to build an empire or dynasty!! Be careful...those little people that were used to do the jobs to make Stepps look better may be behind you....so a word of advice...Watch your back also!!:notworthy
Buddy, you don't have to tell me about it. I don't think of it as a kingdom more like a dictatorship
Who cares about JBS now? KCC is where its at and where its gonna be the next couple of years in the 14th region.
Overrated Wrote:Is Bartrum still at KCC? Ive heard he left and went to LCC or is going too?

That is one big fat rumor...He is not going anywhere...
Overrated Wrote:Is Bartrum still at KCC? Ive heard he left and went to LCC or is going too?

I look for Bartrum to stay at KCC. He has a very bright future ahead of him and so does the Patriots for the next couple of years.