kayla lowe 5th foul
subs in
Do I smell the arrogance leaving?
Final

JC 60
PCC 45
Whooooooooooo!!! Go 57th.
WTG Lady Eagles.:Cheerlead

Congratulations Kayla Lowe on a great HS career.
Now we get to hear excuses. Way to go Lady Eagles.
THOMCAT Wrote:Now we get to hear excuses. Way to go Lady Eagles.
Refs stoled it!!! Wink
Winningest coach in 57th history. I didn't know that.
As a Pike Central supporter I would like to say congrats to Wiremann and The Lady Eagles. I made this statement to a few of our fans about a month in a half ago that we were no longer the favs in this region and that with the way JCHS were playing they would win it. Well I was right tonight Pike Central could not buy a shot to go in, JCHS did a great job on both ends of the floor. THEY DID EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE THE BEST. No arrogance, no I in team, no let downs and that is why you all deserve to be going to Diddle. I hope you all have as much success as we did last year and most of all have a lot of fun.

Congrats to all of you.
Congrats Johnson Central!
Good luck JC. I am for any moutain team doing good at the state
[quote=softball_5]Congrats Johnson Central! quote]

there are no excuses after the way we played tonight. Yeah there were some terrible calls but not enough to make a 15 point difference. Our girls at Pike Central have no one to blame but themselves. Thing that really got me tonight was Butcher did not switch his defense one time. They did not run a true offensive set one time. You can't win ball games playing the way they did tonight. I said that Wiremann would have a great game plan since he had the extra few days and heck I was right. Pike Central got out coaches and out played.
basketballfan000 Wrote:Good luck JC. I am for any moutain team doing good at the state
As was I. I was for PC winning it all last year. Just got tired of hearing all the fluff on here.
DreamWeaver Wrote:[quote=softball_5]Congrats Johnson Central! quote]

there are no excuses after the way we played tonight. Yeah there were some terrible calls but not enough to make a 15 point difference. Our girls at Pike Central have no one to blame but themselves. Thing that really got me tonight was Butcher did not switch his defense one time. They did not run a true offensive set one time. You can't win ball games playing the way they did tonight. I said that Wiremann would have a great game plan since he had the extra few days and heck I was right. Pike Central got out coaches and out played.

I like how up until tonight people were saying how great a coach Butcher is (and by the way I think he has done great) coach of the year, great job, etc. and we see that it only takes one lose for a coach to turn into a goat. Like i posted before, before anyone badmouths a coach go do it for awhile. If he would've won he would've been great but now look. I think both coaches did a great job. They were the last two standing tonight and I am sure that there are many teams and coaches that would trade places. Good job coach hopefully you will here that more than the usuall it was your doing. The typical positive imput that it seems most want to give after a defeat.
basketballfan000 Wrote:[quote=DreamWeaver]

I like how up until tonight people were saying how great a coach Butcher is (and by the way I think he has done great) coach of the year, great job, etc. and we see that it only takes one lose for a coach to turn into a goat. Like i posted before, before anyone badmouths a coach go do it for awhile. If he would've won he would've been great but now look. I think both coaches did a great job. They were the last two standing tonight and I am sure that there are many teams and coaches that would trade places. Good job coach hopefully you will here that more than the usuall it was your doing. The typical positive imput that it seems most want to give after a defeat.
Coaches of the top 2 teams in the region all year is nothin to sneeze at. They both did an outstanding job.
Congrats to Johnson Central!

Congrats to the Lady Hawks on a nice season. Big congrats to Kayla Lowe on a great career and good luck in the future.

As I stated on a previous thread there is a trick to repeating as regional champs that few in the 15th have mastered. It takes something a little different. It probably takes more experience than Coach Butcher has at this point. When I heard all of the talk about room reservations, cancelling Saturday school activities during the girls state tourney, pre-ordering t-shirts, etc., I saw the writing on the wall. The same thing happened to Magoffin last year. I was glad to see the 2 best teams make it to the finals though.

Good luck at state JC!
basketballfan000 Wrote:[quote=DreamWeaver]

I am not bashing Butcher I like Butcher but the fact remains Wiremann made adjustments and it won him the game. Butcher made no adjustments and it cost him the game. Thats the difference in experience and being in that seat many many many times and being a younger coach who must learn by their mistakes. Wiremann has been in the exact same spot that Butcher is in, and that is sitting at home now that the game is over and reflecting on what he could've or should've done different. As i have also stated I place blame on the coach and team b/c it takes both to win.