Poll: Shelby Valley vs Paintsville
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
40.00%
Paintsville Tigers
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament: Shelby Valley vs Paintsville
I think Paintsville hs the best team. SV has a little more depth. Should be a great game! I just hope all the hype doesn't and tension of this game have this become an ugly game. Sometimes this happens on anticipated games.
Here's hoping for arip-roaring shootout! Good luck to both teams!
brown14 Wrote:What if they play like they did against UHA. The tigers played pretty good IMO. They just came up a little short....

I read someone saying the Tigers being overrated. Now how do you say that. Hmm maybe Valley is overrated. Come monday we will see who the best team is and i bet money tigers win 10. Even with there slow start last night against Belfry they still won. They got that monkey off the back. Now i beleive the Tigers will come out focused, and ready to make some noise. That place is going to be ROCKING :rockon: and its going to be awesome. Look for the pep sections to play a role in the game to.

LET'S GO TIGERS!!!!!

I'll make that bet with u. Neither team will win by double digits.no way!!!
Paintsville in a tight one by 3.
Haven't said anything about this game all year. I'm not really a fan of arguing over something that might not even happen. But since these 2 are finally playing, here's my 2 cents. I'd say that Valley will try to control the tempo, and possibly do what Belfry did and try and work in the paint alot. I've got to see Valley play a couple of times now, and it is obvious that they rely heavily on their defense. They have a good press, and breaking that press, and getting them uncomfortable defensivley will be the key for the Tigers to pull off the victory.
PHS has to play as a team though. They have done great so far this year in being unselfish, and things should continue to go that way for them. IMO, Slone has to have his usual game for Paintsville to win in this one too. Not sure on what kind of defense Valley will run against Paintsville, possibly something to contend the 3 point shot. Grimm HAS to have a big game, and Bundy must run the offense and be smart, not making stupid passes and turnovers. Murray has to have a good game defensively too, and hit the open shots that he gets. VanHoose has to rebound well, as he's done all season long. Slone, Grimm, and VanHoose, all have to rebound well for that matter. This is probably the biggest game this region has seen in a long, long time. I'm anxious to finally see this matchup go down. I'll take the TIGERS by 5, 66-61.
Paintsville by 2
Tigers by 6. 72-66.
valley by 10
ill take valley by 15+
p_casey#21 Wrote:ill take valley by 15+

I hope you're joking.
p_casey#21 Wrote:ill take valley by 15+

Cocaine is a **** of a drug....Big Grin just kiddin' with ya
valley
IRISH4 Wrote:Cocaine is a **** of a drug....Big Grin just kiddin' with ya

Smile Rick James quote huh, lol.

I wouldn't be kiddin, to say either team will by 15+ is CRAZY...
if paintsville is so good were they been in the region the last few years
svfan23 Wrote:if paintsville is so good were they been in the region the last few years
Getting ready for this year.
Paintsville by 10pts. I hope anyway
svfan23 Wrote:if paintsville is so good were they been in the region the last few years
Region 15 Win/Loss Records

OVERALL REGION DISTRICT
Paintsville 27 - 3 - 0 17 - 0 - 0 10 - 0 - 0
Shelby Valley 24 - 4 - 0 13 - 1 - 0 5 - 1 - 0

That is how they rank in the region as of NOW. P-ville #1 S-valley #2 according to khsaa. That don't mean P-ville is going to win but, they go in as the favorite according to that website. All other sites have P-ville as the favorite. Again, that doesn't mean they are going to win. This is March. Just showing that THIS season, Paintsville clearly has the best overall, regional, and district record.
TheRealVille Wrote:Region 15 Win/Loss Records

OVERALL REGION DISTRICT
Paintsville 27 - 3 - 0 17 - 0 - 0 10 - 0 - 0
Shelby Valley 24 - 4 - 0 13 - 1 - 0 5 - 1 - 0

That is how they rank in the region as of NOW. P-ville #1 S-valley #2 according to khsaa. That don't mean P-ville is going to win but, they go in as the favorite according to that website. All other sites have P-ville as the favorite. Again, that doesn't mean they are going to win. This is March. Just showing that THIS season, Paintsville clearly has the best overall, regional, and district record.

They've had it before too and made it nowhere, what you're trying to prove is failing badly.
well sv has played a much stronger schedule
What he's trying to prove is this is not any other year. The past years are irrelevant to this thread, because were not talking about any other year but this year. If we were going to compare the past we could, and I will promise you that Paintsville has alot more impressive resume than Valley, but were not. According to this year Paintsville is the favorite and they should be. Right now they are the best team in the region. Any previous year should not even be brought up, and the fact that it is brought up, shows they are worried about this years Tiger's team. And they should be.
we are not really worried cause paintsville is over rated
PC_You_Know Wrote:They've hadp it before too and made it nowhere, what you're trying to prove is failing badly.

What he's trying to prove is that this year they are the favorite! Any other year shouldn't even be brought up in this argument because we are not talking about any other year but this year. If you do want to compare the past, we could, and I think you will see that Paintsville has a lot better resume in the post season than Valley. However, we're suppose to be talking about this year's team so anything they have done in the past is irrelevant.
svfan23 Wrote:well sv has played a much stronger schedule
opinion
svfan23 Wrote:well sv has played a much stronger schedule

Please elaborate on how you figure they have had a stronger schedule.
well considerin they played in newyork and got 2 wins and also played the #3 team in the nation and also have wins against louisville male and louiseville desales
svfan23 Wrote:we are not really worried cause paintsville is over rated

HOW IS PAINTSVILLE OVER RATED. Please share why they are.
Well Its Been Awhile Since I Have Made A Post On Here. I Just Hope Both Teams Bring There A Games Tuesday Night. Imo This Could Be One Of The Best High School Basketball Games In These Mountains In Many, Many Years. I Already Have My Tickets And Cannot Wait To See This Game. I Will Be There Rooting On The Tigers And I See It As A 2 To 3 Point Game In Paintsville's Favor. I Think It Will Come Down To Free Throws And Of Course The Refs. If They Let Them Play Like They Did On Thursday And Be Consistent Then Everything Will Be Fine. I Love Going To A Game Where They Let Both Teams Play And The Refs Do Not Control It. I Just Hope This Game Lives Up To All Of The Hype. Good Luck Paintsville And Especially Landon Slone. Your A Fine Young Man Nephew And Everyone In Your Family Is Very Proud Of You.
svfan23 Wrote:well considerin they played in newyork and got 2 wins and also played the #3 team in the nation and also have wins against louisville male and louiseville desales
Does a team being from New York or Louisville make them better? They got beat by the #3 then, does that make them better, being beat or just playing #3? It will be settled one way or the other Tuesday night.
OMG Wrote:What he's trying to prove is that this year they are the favorite! Any other year shouldn't even be brought up in this argument because we are not talking about any other year but this year. If you do want to compare the past, we could, and I think you will see that Paintsville has a lot better resume in the post season than Valley. However, we're suppose to be talking about this year's team so anything they have done in the past is irrelevant.

No, SV is the team that is going to win, easy.
svfan23 Wrote:well considerin they played in newyork and got 2 wins and also played the #3 team in the nation and also have wins against louisville male and louiseville desales
Male and DeSales isnt the best teams in Louisville anyway Smile

Well....considerin that the 2 wins they got in newyork were against teams that are not even ranked in top 25 of their state and the so called #3 team in the nation(a 34point loss) is ranked 6th in the state of newyork I can't hardly see how they r #3 in the nation. And Male and Desales are out of the running for anything, what is your point?