Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 82 - Cordia 54 - 14th Region
:eek: 82 to 54
Hazard defeats Cordia

(Didn't think it would be this lopsided)
The Hazard Bulldogs came out ready to play tonight and used their stingy defense to tame the Cordia Lions! Coach Holland used our bench to keep fresh legs and we managed to hold the lions to only 8 points in the first quarter. We led 32 to 20 at half and then put on the finshing touches in the last quarter!

I would like to congratulate Coach Honeycutt and his lions on their fine season and wish them nothing but the best in their future!

Go Bulldogs!!
wow i diddnt expect hazard to win by this much...but anyway good game dogs and keep playing like this all the way to rupp!!!
Goodlord, Big Win Congrats
Like I said in the other thread this will be an easy tournament for Hazard to win. Congrats Dogs!
Hazard vs. Estill second round.
Nice win for the Dawgs!!! Now lets take the Engineers!! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!
Good year for the seniors at Cordia..They've basically played every minute of every game this year without much bench...Congrats Hazard
Good season Lions, you guys really rebounded from last year and put together a 20 win season, nothing to be ashamed of. Good win Haz, should be a good final between you and the LCC, PCC winner.
I figured this would happen.
Congrats Hazard
If Hazard plays like this I cant see anyone stopping them from going to Rupp...BUt it just takes one bad game and that is what make high school basketball so special...Letcher might pose that biggest problem for Hazard....Cordia had an awesome season and has alot to be proud of....
Hazard defeated Cordia 82-54 tonight in the first round of the 14th region tournament. Willy Wonka and the Oompa Loompas were on hand to cheer the Dawgs on to victory...they even threw candy out to the pep section!! These guys were AWESOME!!! Congrats to the Dawgs and Congrats to the Lions on a good season!

[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fangsjs/007.jpg]

For more pics of Willy and the Oompa Loompas click here....
http://community.webshots.com/album/562698944DQiwBQ
Congrats Dawgs
Congrats Hazard and to Cordia for a great season.
Congrats to both, but I kinda figured that this would be the outcome! Corida plays on such emotions and faced Hazard at a bad time because they are rolling right now! Great season Lions and Congrats Dawgs on the win!
Overrated Wrote:Good year for the seniors at Cordia..They've basically played every minute of every game this year without much bench...Congrats Hazard

Yep.....cordia played like they only had six players and to be honest, it would have only been FIVE IF some times one of the starters didnt get in foul trouble or be so tired they literally couldnt breathe.......its crazy to have a bench if you are NEVER going to use them.....Honeycutt put his Bench in with 38 seconds left in the game....that was a DISGRACE.......all he yelled all night was THREE SECONDS, THREE SECONDS......geezzz.........I am not saying that if he used the bench that we would have won, but I am sure it wouldnt have been by 28.....we threw the ball away so many times last night......and when we did get on a run.....Honeycutt calls a timeout .....Hazard goes on a run....he yells THREE SECONDS.......I was so disgusted, not mad but disgusted and come next year when Honeycutt doesnt have all those seniors he will be in deep $hit because the others didnt get much playing experience in the varsity games....even when we played games and were up by 25, he still would leave ALL the starters in.........Honeycutt had 2 boys quit yesterday before the game even started.......I cant say that I blame them......Honeycutt got OUT-COACHED....plain and simple......Holland used his bench and rested his starters.......Hazard came to take care of business and they accomplished that.......Congrats Hazard.....I will always be a Cordia fan, but Hazard earned their respect on the court.......good luck
Thank you Fair_Game_Fan for your kind words. Cordia's seniors have nothing to be ashamed of. They had a wonderful season and hopefully will move on to do bigger and better things in their lives. As you said, no bench play makes a world of difference and it showed last night.

Go Bulldogs!
Wow...my prediction was way off
Congrats Hazard on the win, good luck in the rest of the tourey.

Congrats to the Lions and jeff on a great Season.
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Yep.....cordia played like they only had six players and to be honest, it would have only been FIVE IF some times one of the starters didnt get in foul trouble or be so tired they literally couldnt breathe.......its crazy to have a bench if you are NEVER going to use them.....Honeycutt put his Bench in with 38 seconds left in the game....that was a DISGRACE.......all he yelled all night was THREE SECONDS, THREE SECONDS......geezzz.........I am not saying that if he used the bench that we would have won, but I am sure it wouldnt have been by 28.....we threw the ball away so many times last night......and when we did get on a run.....Honeycutt calls a timeout .....Hazard goes on a run....he yells THREE SECONDS.......I was so disgusted, not mad but disgusted and come next year when Honeycutt doesnt have all those seniors he will be in deep $hit because the others didnt get much playing experience in the varsity games....even when we played games and were up by 25, he still would leave ALL the starters in.........Honeycutt had 2 boys quit yesterday before the game even started.......I cant say that I blame them......Honeycutt got OUT-COACHED....plain and simple......Holland used his bench and rested his starters.......Hazard came to take care of business and they accomplished that.......Congrats Hazard.....I will always be a Cordia fan, but Hazard earned their respect on the court.......good luck

LOL...Who should have got to come in? They played the Caudill kid, and that is Cordia's bench. Cordia wasnt a deep team this year and takin nothing away from those kids on Cordia's bench but they wouldnt have made a different in this game. Look at Hazard's bench and look at Cordia's bench so dont even say Honeycutt got outcoached, turnovers and messed easy shots killed the Lions but nothing to be a ashamed of a great seaon for Cordia...IM PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!!!!
Congrats to the Lions on their season. Was not their night. Shots did not go down. Jones had some nice rejections. Not the way I pictured it.
Good luck to the Dawgs the rest of the way!
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Yep.....cordia played like they only had six players and to be honest, it would have only been FIVE IF some times one of the starters didnt get in foul trouble or be so tired they literally couldnt breathe.......its crazy to have a bench if you are NEVER going to use them.....Honeycutt put his Bench in with 38 seconds left in the game....that was a DISGRACE.......all he yelled all night was THREE SECONDS, THREE SECONDS......geezzz.........I am not saying that if he used the bench that we would have won, but I am sure it wouldnt have been by 28.....we threw the ball away so many times last night......and when we did get on a run.....Honeycutt calls a timeout .....Hazard goes on a run....he yells THREE SECONDS.......I was so disgusted, not mad but disgusted and come next year when Honeycutt doesnt have all those seniors he will be in deep $hit because the others didnt get much playing experience in the varsity games....even when we played games and were up by 25, he still would leave ALL the starters in.........Honeycutt had 2 boys quit yesterday before the game even started.......I cant say that I blame them......Honeycutt got OUT-COACHED....plain and simple......Holland used his bench and rested his starters.......Hazard came to take care of business and they accomplished that.......Congrats Hazard.....I will always be a Cordia fan, but Hazard earned their respect on the court.......good luck

It wasn't a matter of getting out coached at all. Hazard has ten times the talent that Cordia has, plain and simple as that. If you watched this game it didn't take long to figure out Cordia did not have a chance against this Hazard team. Hazard is clearly 10 to 15 points better than the second best team in the 14th. Oh yeah, that would be LCC.
Congrats Hazard
Dawgs are rolling!
MVP2 Wrote:LOL...Who should have got to come in? They played the Caudill kid, and that is Cordia's bench. Cordia wasnt a deep team this year and takin nothing away from those kids on Cordia's bench but they wouldnt have made a different in this game. Look at Hazard's bench and look at Cordia's bench so dont even say Honeycutt got outcoached, turnovers and messed easy shots killed the Lions but nothing to be a ashamed of a great seaon for Cordia...IM PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!!!!

AGREE! Hazard had a deeper bench this year than Cordia and when one team is playing 8 or 9 guys and the other is playin 6 or 7, it's pretty obvious who has a stronger bench. This game in no way proved Al Holland outcoached Jeff Honeycutt. If Cordia cuts down some of those turnovers, makes some of those easy baskets, and would've got to the line more this game would've been different. Holland has a very talented team, and every team in the state should bring their A game when they face them. Congrats to Hazard on their win and good luck in the rest of the tournament. Congrats to Cordia this year on a great season.
I would like to inform everyone that Cordia is having a aau team for kids 14 and under. Who ever wants to play just call the school and contact Mr. Creech or Honeycutt.