Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Pike County Bowl
I like your sig erfan....... 8)
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, Belfry should be the first team out on the new field........I am dying to see the field and the new school.

Happy, If you know of anyone that has any pics of the facilities or anything, let me know. Check your PM inbox... 8)

I'll try to dig some up.
BelfryPride Wrote:Happy, If you know of anyone that has any pics of the facilities or anything, let me know. Check your PM inbox... 8)

Did'nt mean to single you out Happy G Smile ....anyone out there in Belfry land with pics of the school or anything.....

Thanks
jackbump13 Wrote:BELFRY SUCKS!!!!! PIKE CENTRAL WILL BEAT THEM THIS YEAR
Good mercy alive wake up over there........I dont see that happening .........LOL......thats a no way no how
Please excuse that comment from the guy who said belfry sucks and pike central would beat them. Belfry has a great tradition and should in no way be disrespected like that. Pike Central will improve, but not enough next year to beat the defending state champs. Good God that was a wild comment.

please dont hold pike central accountable for that response. lol.
erfan2006 Wrote:I cant wait to see their new school. I think that they should be the first to play on it, its only fair.
I agree erfan.....I cant wait to see their new school and field they deserve it a 100%.......Good luck belfry......and yes im a warrior but i also back belfry they have an awesome team.....Good Luck Belfry
Central05 Wrote:Please excuse that comment from the guy who said belfry sucks and pike central would beat them. Belfry has a great tradition and should in no way be disrespected like that. Pike Central will improve, but not enough next year to beat the defending state champs. Good God that was a wild comment.

please dont hold pike central accountable for that response. lol.

Some are easier to laugh off than others.

I, for one, find it hard to take a guy serious whose name is jackbump13. :roll:
warriorgirl Wrote:
erfan2006 Wrote:I cant wait to see their new school. I think that they should be the first to play on it, its only fair.
I agree erfan.....I cant wait to see their new school and field they deserve it a 100%.......Good luck belfry......and yes im a warrior but i also back belfry they have an awesome team.....Good Luck Belfry

Thanks for the compliments......

I agree that Belfry deserves a new school....We have had the same one since 1923. I along with countless others will miss that old building...many generations have walked those shallowed halls in its 82 years.

Belfry not only has an awesome team, They have a very talented coaching staff that puts in alot of hard work....And then lastly but not least , there's the Pond Creek Nation - The Fans. Belfry's fans are passionate about their Pirates....Many times they outnumber the Home Teams fans on road games.

ER,SV,PCC - Be patient your time will come. It just takes time to build a tradition like Belfry's....It took 81 years for us to get our first State Title, and boy was it ever sweet !!!
Here is " The Unofficial " schedule for the PCB this year...

Friday (Aug 19) @ Pikeville
6pm Shelby Valley vs. East Ridge
8pm Pikeville vs NCC

Saturday (Aug 20) @ Belfry
6pm Belfry vs Henry Clay
8pm Pike Central vs. Phelps

** If the Turf is completed in time at Belfry
I personally think it wouldn't be a bad idea to thave them on seperate nights, Belfry should get to play on thier new field first, but i think Pikeville should stay at Pikeville, wouldn't feel right to go over there for the first game
[color=darkblue][/color

Does anyone know for sure were the Pike county bowl games are goin to be played at?
Unless something changes, this will be the schedule and locations....

Friday (Aug 19) @ Pikeville
6pm Shelby Valley vs. East Ridge
8pm Pikeville vs NCC

Saturday (Aug 20) @ Belfry
6pm Belfry vs Henry Clay
8pm Pike Central vs. Phelps
PHSFAN Wrote:
jackbump13 Wrote:BELFRY SUCKS!!!!! PIKE CENTRAL WILL BEAT THEM THIS YEAR

Yeah in case you haven't heard UK will be playing for the SEC championship in FOOTBALL and you don't won't to miss the All-Ohio World Series this October when the Reds face the Indians.

Hey now...I like the reds...They c ould make it...You never know.....only time will tell.....the reds do kick but...They are my fav team!!!!
Here's a good article on the Pike County Bowl...........

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2.../02tom.txt
Why is ppl arguing about these games when they will let us know where they are goin to be playing them at when it is needed
who's arguing.........everyone has the right to an opinion and the freedom to give it lol.......that is the topic the pike county bowl right?
things get carried away easily huh? lol :|
I reckon they do........lol
WOOOO LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY... Confusedhock:
PIKE CENTRAL DOES'NT HAVE ANYTHING, NEVER HAS HAD ANYTHING AND NEVER WILL HAVE ANYTHING ON BELFRY. BELFRY WILL WIN EASILY LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO.
There will be a day that Central can compete somewhat better with Belfry or any other school for that matter. It just takes time to build a program to the calibur of Belfry, Pikeville & Prestonsburg. Do you realize it took Belfry 80 years to win a State Title. Success doesnt happen over night....
I think PCB is going to b awsome this year both nights played under the lights + u have 4 great teams playing in it... Sad thing is the best game is prob going to b between Valley and ER no pun intended...
Community Trust Bank announced Tuesday in a press conference that again this year there will be a football clinic for ages 8 to 14 to be held Saturday morning Aug 20 at the new Belfry HS stadium with registration beginning at 9am. The clinic will be conducted by Pikeville College FB players and coaches. FREE!!!
BelfryPride Wrote:There will be a day that Central can compete somewhat better with Belfry or any other school for that matter. It just takes time to build a program to the calibur of Belfry, Pikeville & Prestonsburg. Do you realize it took Belfry 80 years to win a State Title. Success doesnt happen over night....
no offense to Pikeville....but they cant compete in 2A with Belfry,Prestonsburg,Brethitt county and other power houses such as that....thats been proven
No...they probably can't right now. But that's the reason for the class system! To keep the schools with less to choose from able to compete. And Pikeville has competed and BEAT those schools in the past. I believe they were AA Runner-up one year when they elected to play up a class. So has it been proved over the 90 years or just the recent couple?
I never knew PIkeville played in AA.. Must of been before my time. Mountain AA is super strong. I do think Pikeville could compete. But wouldnt run the table year in and year out like they do in the class A distict.

BTW. ZAG.. Cool avatar man.. 8)
Class A is dominated year in and out by beechwood & Danville. You just cant stop that kind of dominance.
the turf is going to be finished tuesday night