Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Wildcats Football
If you attended the blue/white game...how do you think the Wildcats will fare this season and do you think the pass offense will work out for them?
i think we will be alright.....probably still getting 4th in district but it wont be as bad as years pass
Shelby Valley and Pike Central both got great coaches in the offseason. Belfry and Prestonsburg won't be poking fun at PCC and SV for much longer.
oh im sure they will....................PCC and SV are still and will not be fro a couple of years of the same caliber as Belfry, Prestonsburg, and Breathitt
im gonna have to agree with maroon on this one, Beflry, Prestonsburg, and Brethitt are always top contendors for the state title every year... which means that u will not only need good coaching but also a lot of talent. dont get me wrong, there is some very good talent at both schools but not enough to compete for a state championship.
No one is picking on Central or Valley. Its kind of like UK Football for example.....They are in the SEC East with powerhouses like Florida, Tennessee & Georgia. In this situation Belfry,Prestonsburg & Breathitt are the top teams in Class AA,Region 7 & 8. Its just hard to compete with that kind of calibur.....I am not going to say they won't be competitive....But, It takes years to get to a place that Belfry & Breathitt have been. Look how long it took Belfry to get their 2 State Championships. Breathitt hadnt taseted success at the State level until they dropped to AA either.

With the exception of Bardstown, Class AA has been dominated by Mountain teams since Danville dropped to Class A in 1998.
Good post BP 8)
Well my guess this year is that SV could give Belfry,P-burg, and Breathitt a run for their money
But thats just my opnion... we'll have to wait and see how things turn out, it would be interesting to see Valley and Belfry playing toe to toe this year
Well you know I think that valley would give Belfry a run for there money this year and how about the big P-BURG????? But with the teams that will come up to the valley they are goin to be seeing a great looking field. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: WE ARE ROCKED COCKED AND READY TO ROCK!!!!
I believe that SV will close the gap more this year than the other Pike County teams. They have a new style of offense but will need to be strong on defense to slow down the perrinal powerhouses of P-Burg and Belfry. Which I believe will be better games thatn in the past. Just take care of business one game at a time. You have to start with a hungry ER team in the Pike County Bowl and go from there.
I still think it will be like years past. And if it's not, it won't be because SV or PC has gotten better, it's just Belfry and P-burg has lost quite a bit due to graduation. I'm not knocking either team, but refer to BP's post and you will get my explanation. It takes time to build a tradition like our 2 teams have. Neither team(PC or SV) has been around long enough to build that kind of tradition. I do wish them luck however and may both teams kick ass outside of the district. 8)
I look for SV to SLOWLY build their program up. I have more insight now at SV than I do at Pikeville with Ben as coach. SV WILL NOT beat Pburg, Belfry, or Breathitt County this season and even though Coach Howard can't pubilicly say that he knows that. He is however very excited about the future of the program at SV. He knows that it is not going to happen overnight and it will take time to get the program to where they can compete with Pburg, Belfry, and Breathitt County but he thinks and expects the program to get there in a few seasons. A lot of it depends of the SV community. They must realize that football is not just an offseason for basketball season. SV has a nice basketball program but they need to realize that they are not going to win a state title in basketball. Football however I think they can given time. Ben Howard is the right man for this job and if given the time he will get the kids excited about football and take the program to a level they have never been. SV fans just better hope that Coach Jackson at Pikeville stays for a long time and there is no head coaching position that comes open at Pikeville. SV is now my 2nd favorite team and I will be attending some games and rooting for the Cats.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I still think it will be like years past. And if it's not, it won't be because SV or PC has gotten better, it's just Belfry and P-burg has lost quite a bit due to graduation. I'm not knocking either team, but refer to BP's post and you will get my explanation. It takes time to build a tradition like our 2 teams have. Neither team(PC or SV) has been around long enough to build that kind of tradition. I do wish them luck however and may both teams kick outside of the district. 8)

:evil: Well you know this thread is not about PC and SV. It is only about the Shelby Valley Team
That is a rumor becuase Ben Howard is goin to stay at SV for long time or so he says!!!!
I'd say Ben will be at valley for a good while, if he produces some winning teams......
SV shuld fair in the FUTURE....but as of right now they have not whut it takes to compete in AA