Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Smith
Alex Smith was taken first in the 2005 NFL Draft by the San Fransisco 49ers. How do you all think he will do in his rookie season?

I personally see him struggling alot. Maybe winning 3 or 4 games.
ok first of all why did u make a seperate thread about this?? just talk about him in the nfl draft thread......geez
I figured since he was the first overall pick he deserved his own thread. The pressure of doing well when being first. Comparisons to other qb's picked first. The Hype.
there is no hype or pressure when it comes to alex smith..hes goin to a team in the 49ers that are expected to win about 4 games next year..wheres the pressure in that??
There is always pressure to win no matter how crappy the team is. At least at the beginning of the season.
um..no there isnt....
Oh well like always agree to disagree.
look the 49ers have no pressure but to win like maybe 4 games next year..there may be some pressure on alex smith jus cuz hes number 1 pick..but as long as he isnt terrible..he should be alright
Ok everyone knows that the 49ers are the worst team in the NFL so they arent expected to do great just because of a rookie QB coming to town...i dont see Smith making an immediate impact, because usually it takes QB's time to get used to the NFL format...after a few years Smith should turn into an outstanding NFL WB but for this year his expectations may be high but the 49ers honestly arent expected to win any more than 4 or 5 games and he may be able to pull that off....but sure that would be struggling for most teams, but remember thats a decent season for the niners!
well thank you someone agrees wit me...theres no pressure on alex smith at all, just ask san fran. fans....wow that was hard to type...lol
Congrats to Alex on being 1st pick.. he should be great after he gets a season or two under him
try maybe about 6 or 7 years..the 49ers just didnt do ne thing to improve that horrific defense
until the niners bring decent players to play around smith, he will never amount to anything cuz he wont have any help! Arrow
That may take a while.
agree d30 8)