Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 67 LSU 63
RavenBoy Wrote:I guess you say the samething about Porter? Id say not.

Umm yes the only reason he played the first part of the season is they had no one else to put out there. He is just horrible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The Cats had me worried there for a while.
A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Point margins don't matter.

UK still went 1-1 last week, exactly what most people should have expected in a week where you play at Vandy and at LSU. At least UK is beating the teams they should beat now, even if it's not very pretty.

They are now 7-3 in conference, and are still in line to finish 12-4 in the SEC. They just have to win their 4 remaining home games (where they're 4-0 in the league so far) and knock off Carolina in Columbia. If not 12-4, 11-5 is definitely well within reason.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Point margins don't matter.

UK still went 1-1 last week, exactly what most people should have expected in a week where you play at Vandy and at LSU. At least UK is beating the teams they should beat now, even if it's not very pretty.

They are now 7-3 in conference, and are still in line to finish 12-4 in the SEC. They just have to win their 4 remaining home games (where they're 4-0 in the league so far) and knock off Carolina in Columbia. If not 12-4, 11-5 is definitely well within reason.

after watching florida get beat its a definete possibility to go 12-4, but getting by tennesse will not be as easy, id say good ol home grown talent lofton will put us in the hole and we'll finish at 11-5 hopefully, if that happens we should make the tournament but if we finish 10-6 i think were out...
OMG Wrote:after watching florida get beat its a definete possibility to go 12-4, but getting by tennesse will not be as easy, id say good ol home grown talent lofton will put us in the hole and we'll finish at 11-5 hopefully, if that happens we should make the tournament but if we finish 10-6 i think were out...

I'm assuming a loss to Tennessee in that. We are 7-3 right now, so going 5-1 in the last six SEC games will land us at 12-4. So a loss in Knoxville, which I would say is almost a given, would still not be very damaging. What I'm saying is UK should win the other five games, four at home and one in Columbia.

Now, a loss to Arkansas or Florida in addition to a loss to UT, and yes, 11-5 is as goog as it gets.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I'm assuming a loss to Tennessee in that. We are 7-3 right now, so going 5-1 in the last six SEC games will land us at 12-4. So a loss in Knoxville, which I would say is almost a given, would still not be very damaging. What I'm saying is UK should win the other five games, four at home and one in Columbia.

Now, a loss to Arkansas or Florida in addition to a loss to UT, and yes, 11-5 is as goog as it gets.

yea thats basically what i am saying..
I'm not gonna talk about the game as much as the coach for U.K. Right now, Kentucky has 3 standout players, Patterson, Crawford, and Bradley. Stevenson is overachieveing right now and will not continue play like this for the rest of the season. It's basically a 3 on 5 game every night out, most of the people you see on the court right now, you won't see next year.

Next year, you already have two of the top players in the country committed and if you think you won't have the number one recruiting class then you're crazy. Billy G is one of the top 5 coaches in College Basketball, he took two down and out programs and made them contenders. He takes over a heralded club this year who is down. Not horrible, but very down. Anyone who says they won't buy into his system is not watching bery close as this is the best your two seniors have ever played. They do buy into his system, but you don't have enough players to run his style of play. And don't try to say change it, it's not the way he coaches. Be happy with your down year knowing you might actually be a legitimate contender next year. And Patterson will be around for a while, because Billy G doesn't recruit the players who are gonna have one great year and leave, he recruits guys he believes in and wants to build tradition with him.

Don't complain about your coach, be happy you have this coach. Be happy for the fact that in 2 years you may be the favorite for a National Title. He shouldn't change his style of play this year, because now he gets to see how everyone who isn't a senior is going to fit into it next year.

I just think it's sad that some, not all people rip a coach of this magnitude for the fact he can't win games when no coach are going to win as many games as fans wanted. You lost a few you shouldn't have talent wise, and you won a few you shouldn't have talent wise(Tenn, Vandy). Just take a bad year. Florida is rebuilding this year aswell as U.K., but i'm not ripping Billy D, and Billy G should be praised for the job he's done getting the full potential out of your seniors when most people thought that wasn't possible.
FloridaFan Wrote:I'm not gonna talk about the game as much as the coach for U.K. Right now, Kentucky has 3 standout players, Patterson, Crawford, and Bradley. Stevenson is overachieveing right now and will not continue play like this for the rest of the season. It's basically a 3 on 5 game every night out, most of the people you see on the court right now, you won't see next year.

Next year, you already have two of the top players in the country committed and if you think you won't have the number one recruiting class then you're crazy. Billy G is one of the top 5 coaches in College Basketball, he took two down and out programs and made them contenders. He takes over a heralded club this year who is down. Not horrible, but very down. Anyone who says they won't buy into his system is not watching bery close as this is the best your two seniors have ever played. They do buy into his system, but you don't have enough players to run his style of play. And don't try to say change it, it's not the way he coaches. Be happy with your down year knowing you might actually be a legitimate contender next year. And Patterson will be around for a while, because Billy G doesn't recruit the players who are gonna have one great year and leave, he recruits guys he believes in and wants to build tradition with him.

Don't complain about your coach, be happy you have this coach. Be happy for the fact that in 2 years you may be the favorite for a National Title. He shouldn't change his style of play this year, because now he gets to see how everyone who isn't a senior is going to fit into it next year.

I just think it's sad that some, not all people rip a coach of this magnitude for the fact he can't win games when no coach are going to win as many games as fans wanted. You lost a few you shouldn't have talent wise, and you won a few you shouldn't have talent wise(Tenn, Vandy). Just take a bad year. Florida is rebuilding this year aswell as U.K., but i'm not ripping Billy D, and Billy G should be praised for the job he's done getting the full potential out of your seniors when most people thought that wasn't possible.

i agree with everything you said except for two issues.....number one....billy g is a good coach but saying is in the top 5 in the country is obsurd, he's hardly been around long enough to have that title and not accomplished hardly enough either, and ill name you five off the top of my head better...billy donovan, coach k, tom izzo, roy williams, rick pitino...just to name a few i could go on.....number 2....the reason people aren't bashing billy d. is because he just won back to back national championships, if he were in the same position as billy g. he would be hearing the exact same...
FloridaFan Wrote:I'm not gonna talk about the game as much as the coach for U.K. Right now, Kentucky has 3 standout players, Patterson, Crawford, and Bradley. Stevenson is overachieveing right now and will not continue play like this for the rest of the season. It's basically a 3 on 5 game every night out, most of the people you see on the court right now, you won't see next year.

Great Post!
Ok, about the coach thing, I could name 5 too that over the last 20 years have been better, but over the last 6-7 years there are not many coaches who have put together what he has with the weaker programs he has had, hence the reason he has won coach of the year twice. Anytime you turn a bad program into a contender, you're doing something right. As much as I hate saying this, I think with Billy G at the helm, Kentucky will 3-4 national titles in the next 10 years.
FloridaFan Wrote:Ok, about the coach thing, I could name 5 too that over the last 20 years have been better, but over the last 6-7 years there are not many coaches who have put together what he has with the weaker programs he has had, hence the reason he has won coach of the year twice. Anytime you turn a bad program into a contender, you're doing something right. As much as I hate saying this, I think with Billy G at the helm, Kentucky will 3-4 national titles in the next 10 years.

they could very well do this, but you were just saying he was top 5 you didnt specify over what time period, so that why i disagreed with you on that...but yes over the last 5 years he is among the best, hasnt won the big on yet, but i think at kentucky he will have a shot....anybody will have a shot getting to coach kentucky...