Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAPOS State-at-Large Feb-16-2008
Okay, I am a little confused. Can a team get a video bid to STATE even if they are beaten at their region competition?? If so, I do not agree with this at all. Why even have the regional competitions if a team that loses can go anyway? I believe this takes away from all the hype of being a "region" champion. I know it wouldn't have meant as much to me when my team won, if the 2nd or 3rd place team was going to get to go to state anyway....JMO.
How did Pike Central and Belfry do?
Listen everyone...I stayed signed in on here and my mom got on here....Im so tired of all this talk...Estill beat Powell at regions and Powell beat Estill at STATE!! Everyone get over it...this thread isn't only about Estill and Powell. I know I am guilty of it but if all that everyone wants to talk about it Estill and Powell then make a new thread!!!!!

Big congrats to Pikeville I was so impressed with you all this year!!!
I enjoy keeping up with the "goings on" in all sports on the BGR pages. I didn't see the regional state competition so I can't voice my opinion on the outcome. Judging at a cheerleading competition is subjective. The scoring isn't as objective as counting how many times a ball goes through a hoop or how many times a runner crosses home plate. What one panel of judges thinks can and will be different from another. I wish the Estill Co. and Powell Co. girls and fans would spend more time working on things they can do to improve and less time bashing each other and questioning the opinions of the judges. When rivalries turn to hatred, no one wins. Even though it may be just a few people from each side, it casts a negative light over every one involved.
This question is for stride2(or MOM) If Lee Co beats Powell Co in the district basketball tournment do they get to send a video in and go play with the big boys in the state tournment in March at Rupp?
basketballwizz Wrote:This question is for stride2(or MOM) If Lee Co beats Powell Co in the district basketball tournment do they get to send a video in and go play with the big boys in the state tournment in March at Rupp?
By far the most sensible thing been posted on this whole Powell-Estill deal. I thought about saying it, but was afraid a crazy person would come looking for me. I dont know, or understand, the rules of cheerleading competitions and how you advance to the next level of competition, but it seems quite interesting.
This is by far, tho, the best forum to check out if ya want some good reading. And we thought the bashing was bad on the basketball forum???
Congratulations to each team that did any good down there. I'm still to figure out who they were. Small school, large school, hip hop, dance, traditional.....:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This thread as mentioned before will be closed if any more bashing goes on. Please, if you know results post them. Feel free also to open a Powell/Estill thread also if you wish. Be reminded that it IS being watched!!

RESULT:

Belfry placed 7th in Large Varsity
Dunbar was 1st.....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I'm just curious as to how the qualifying deal works. Not meaning any 2 teams in particular, but like with a team losing to another in districts or whatever the level before state is, and getting a bid to state. Does that happen on a regular basis or just in certain cases?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I'm just curious as to how the qualifying deal works. Not meaning any 2 teams in particular, but like with a team losing to another in districts or whatever the level before state is, and getting a bid to state. Does that happen on a regular basis or just in certain cases?

There are stipulations on getting a "video bid" to state. I'm not sure on all of them so I won't post them just yet. You can go to www.kapos.org and it has a list of rules and regulations that MUST be followed. If that doesn't answer your question let me know and I will read up on it and send ya the 411.....:thumpsup:

phs1986 Wrote:Belfry placed 7th in Large Varsity
Dunbar was 1st.....

Good job Pirates!!TongueirateSho That's always a tough category!!
phs1986 Wrote:RESULT:

Belfry placed 7th in Large Varsity
Dunbar was 1st.....

I saw the video on YouTube and had they not dropped a stunt in the cheer and some tumbling they probably would have been higher......they looked really good and had a great routine!
basketballwizz Wrote:This question is for stride2(or MOM) If Lee Co beats Powell Co in the district basketball tournment do they get to send a video in and go play with the big boys in the state tournment in March at Rupp?

Well if they want to try let them....
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:I saw the video on YouTube and had they not dropped a stunt in the cheer and some tumbling they probably would have been higher......they looked really good and had a great routine!

Where'd you find the video? I can only find the one from a couple of years ago.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Where'd you find the video? I can only find the one from a couple of years ago.

PM me if you can't find it... I will send you the link!

Thanks!!