Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lemaster steps down at Paintsville
Just a week or two after putting to rest a rumor that Lemaster was resigning. I don't understand his reasoning for his resignation. Lemaster met with his team two weeks ago and promised them he would be the head coach for the Tigers next season and had invited all assistants back. I've had the upmost respect for Burrhead from day one. IMHO, this was an unclassy move by his part. He shouldn't have had the meeting if he had any doubts about resigning. Also he shouldn't have waited so long to make his move. This troubles me, and what's next for Paintsville? I've heard such names as Chuke Williams, Jim Tom Allen and Bill Mike Runyon in line for the coaching job.
Very sad day in Paintsville indeed. I have heard that Lemaster stepped down due to his job with the board of education, but I really don't think it's that but pressure from "some" parents/coaches close to the team. I knew the day would come because I've heard this rumor for the past two seasons with Lemaster going to take over for Adkins as head baseball skipper when he retires. As for a replacement, I'd like to see Bill Mike Runyon or James Allen take over the helm. Both have been associated with the Tiger program for quite some time, and I don't think Chuke has enough respect from the entire community to receive the job. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good coach and all...but some of his antics on the sidelines and off the field actions don't sit well with the town of less than 5,000.
I heard today the job has been offered to BMR. If he accepts, will he remain BKB coach. It would be a pretty big load for 1 person.

I'd offer it to Allen.
Will Chuke stay if he doesn't get the number 1 job?
CatDawg Wrote:Will Chuke stay if he doesn't get the number 1 job?

I've heard no he will not but I hope he does and Copley as well they've been big offseason assets to the Tigers.
I think Chuke will be the numbet 1 guy..
Doesn't Paintsville have to wait at least 30 days to name a coach. With all the players that Paintsville has coming back will getting a new coach this late, that could throw in a different style of offense and or defense hurt Paintsvile in the upcoming season?
torQQue Wrote:I think Chuke will be the numbet 1 guy..

I hope they do get Chuke, we'll know every play they are going to run. :o
That's a guarenteed victory cigar. If they get Bill Mike Runyon for the football job I think both football and basketball will suffer.
As hard as the boys have worked this offseason in the weightroom, I don't see them letting it all go to waste. The best thing they could do is keep working hard and WHOEVER is named head coach, work their butts off for him and accomplish the goals they set when beginning the offseason workouts.

I for one was very sad to hear the news of Coach LeMaster stepping down, he has been a great leader and coach in his 10 years at the helm after taking over for long time Tiger coach and Kentucky high school football LEGEND Walter Brugh, you couldn't ask for more then what LeMaster accomplished. Whoever the next coach may be, they will have some big shoes to fill, LeMaster was a class act on and off the field.

As for the next head coach, I would have to agree with JKWONN, I don't think Chuke has enough respect of the community, parents, and players to get the job. He is indeed a great coach, but when majority of the team wanted to quit last year (some did) cause they didn't like him and how he treated them, I just don't see Paintsville being very successful if he gets the job. As much as I love JTA, i don't see him getting the job only because he isn't Alumni of PHS. Lately I have been hearing that Mike Baldwin (older brother to PHS girls b-ball coach Mark Baldwin) has put in an application for the job, I don't see him getting the job either considering he has been coaching at JC for the last I couldn't count how many years. The way it is looking (and I am hoping) BMR will get the nod. BMR has been helping with the Tiger football program for MANY years (except the last 2) now. In 2001 when Paintsville won the region BMR was a HUGE asset to that team, he called majority of the plays, he and LeMaster were offensive genious' in 2001, they knew what kind of players they had on the field and used it to their advantage. I don't care what anyone says about BMR not being able to handle both Football and Basketball head coaching jobs, he CAN, in the many years I have known BMR I have NEVER seen him back down from a challenge and RARELY, VERY RARELY seen him fail. The Tiger program could use someone like BMR, his players always respect him and always give him everything they got, not to mention he is the most disciplinary coach in the state, I for one would love to see BMR get the job.