Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Star Henry Clay WR Aaron Boyd Signs with UK
Wildcat, he committed to UK today. Great pick up for the cats.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP
4 Star WR Aaron Boyd from Henry Clay is a Wildcat!!! Boyd signed LOI to play at Kentucky next year! Aaron is ranked 40 best WR in the nation. This is awesome, Boyd picked UK over UL,Missouri,Oregon,Tx A&M,Va,Ark,and Auburn!!!

Big Grin
Alright!!! This is a great sign for the Cats!!
The biggest in-state recruit since Micah Johnson... Glad too see him in Blue!
IMO, This is HUGE news for the football Cats today after losing Johnson/Tamme/Burton! This is a very good start to a team on the rise in the SEC!
We will need him.
He'll help us out a lot.
Good sign for the Cats.
Great pick-up for the Wildcats. I see Boyd startin as soon as he gets there.
Great pick up for Brooks and Boyd should contribute right away.
Not only did UK fill some needs with this year's class, but this class they brought in has a lot of SPEED. That is something that they will need to compete in the SEC. Osaze Idumwonyi, the OL/DL from Texas, has a 40-time of less than 5 seconds. That's amazing for a lineman. They got Tennessee's Mr. Football in AA (Randall Cobb) & AAA (DeAunte Mason). They got several first team all state selections, and a number of guys who won a state championship in their respected class. As far as star ratings go, this class may not have been very good, but Rich Brooks said, it's about potential and how well players adjust to the college game. Stars are based on how a player does in high school, not their college potential. I think this class is just what UK needed to continue their upward climb in the SEC.
This kid is a great athlete and football player. I coached against him during the 2006 season and UK is lucky to have him on board.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Not only did UK fill some needs with this year's class, but this class they brought in has a lot of SPEED. That is something that they will need to compete in the SEC. Osaze Idumwonyi, the OL/DL from Texas, has a 40-time of less than 5 seconds. That's amazing for a lineman. They got Tennessee's Mr. Football in AA (Randall Cobb) & AAA (DeAunte Mason). They got several first team all state selections, and a number of guys who won a state championship in their respected class. As far as star ratings go, this class may not have been very good, but Rich Brooks said, it's about potential and how well players adjust to the college game. Stars are based on how a player does in high school, not their college potential. I think this class is just what UK needed to continue their upward climb in the SEC.

Which one is the QB from Athens, TN. I had to stay in Knoxville a few weeks ago and watched their version of WYMT's top players. The QB from Athens they said was goin to UK looked awesome. VERY FAST...
I was really scared about this recruit I thought for sure that he would end up at college station, but Im glad he made the right decision
Redneck Wrote:Which one is the QB from Athens, TN. I had to stay in Knoxville a few weeks ago and watched their version of WYMT's top players. The QB from Athens they said was goin to UK looked awesome. VERY FAST...
According to UK's Athletic site, neither are from Athens, Tennessee. Smile

Randall Cobb (Class AA Mr. Football) a QB/Athlete from Alcoa High School in Alcoa, TN. He threw for 1,765 yards and 22 TDs while only throwing 2 INTs. He also rushed for 793 yards and 13 TDs.

DeAunte Mason is the other Tennessee Mr. Football. He won the award in Class AAA for Pearl-Cohen High School in Nashville, TN. He threw for 2,375 yards and rushed for another 1,052 while accounting for 35 total TDs.

I've watched videos of both players, and IMO, Mason is the more electric of the two at the QB position. However, the stats don't lie, both are VERY good athletes. Cobb led his team to back-to-back Class AA State Championships. Mason led his high school to back-to-back semi final apperances as a junior and senior. Two very nice signs for Brooks and the Uk staff.
Awesome!!!!!!!! Go Cats!