Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq Traded to the Suns for Shawn Marion
According to Espn...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3232862
Good trade...hopefully we can win a championship now!
The Heat got the better end of this deal in my opinion. They got a young body in their to take the place of injury prone and aging O'Neal. Shaq is not the player he was 2 seasons ago when they won the title and is going down hill fast.
It is still pending a Shaquille physical and the deal is done. Never did like Shaq and the Suns are my favorite team, I don't know what to think about this trade. Giving up one of the best and most underrated players in the League in Shawn Marion and getting an aged, beat up Shaq.
I think that the Heat are better off without Shaq IMO. Now he is with the Suns who are a running, fast pace team. All the things that Shaq cannot do. They will have to wait for him to get up the court and they will have a harder time scoring.
But Shaq is a pretty good jockey!
When Shaq is healthy he is the absolute most dominate around the rim. Yes his play is starting to decline but he does have moments and he will give the Suns a better force down low. This help Amare a lot.... Now he will be more free to attack the goal.
The heat do get a great, younger talent in Marion but the Suns got what they needed.
Really i think this is a good trade for both teams, IF the suns can get/keep Shaq healthy. I don't really believe that Shaq's entire heart was into the Heat organization this year, but he will be going into a team that is already a contender in the west. While the Suns are a run and gun team they tend to struggle when they are forced to play a half court game....hopefully this will help them out. As far as the Heat go this season is already pretty much lost, so they will be looking to rebuild and get ready for next year. IMO Marion will be a good fit into the offense alongside Wade. Should help the Heat tremendously in the future.
The Guru Wrote:But Shaq is a pretty good jockey!

Smile
Will Shaq even be back playing any this season?
-STAT- Wrote:It is still pending a Shaquille physical and the deal is done. Never did like Shaq and the Suns are my favorite team, I don't know what to think about this trade. Giving up one of the best and most underrated players in the League in Shawn Marion and getting an aged, beat up Shaq.

I agree about giving up Shawn Marion. Shaq is just getting to old to play He is a very good player, but he just can't keep up with the tempo the Suns can play at.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I agree about giving up Shawn Marion. Shaq is just getting to old to play He is a very good player, but he just can't keep up with the tempo the Suns can play at.

That's what I was about to say because the Suns are a run-n-gun team that gets out against the other teams and plays aggressive D. Marion was going to leave anyways, but it was stupid to take Shaq for him.

This will change the Suns way of play and will take them out of contention.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Heat got a steal in this trade! But still hard to think about with Amare/Shaq/Nash/Bell
Shaq makes everyone around him better. I'm still sticking with Phoenix to win it all this year.
Good trade for the Suns to me.
Heat definatley got the better deal in this trade. I dont know if Shaq will be able to keep up with the style of ball the Suns play. I dont think this was such a good trade.
Bad trade by the Suns IMO. Shaq can't stay healthy anymore, he won't play half the games while he is there. It's just time for him to hang it up.
Redneck Wrote:Bad trade by the Suns IMO. Shaq can't stay healthy anymore, he won't play half the games while he is there. It's just time for him to hang it up.

I totally agree with you on that one.
BFritz Wrote:That's what I was about to say because the Suns are a run-n-gun team that gets out against the other teams and plays aggressive D. Marion was going to leave anyways, but it was stupid to take Shaq for him.

This will change the Suns way of play and will take them out of contention.

Totally agree.
I'm telling you guys they don't need him to run up and down the floor. They've needed a big center for a long time. I think when he gets back in a week or two he'll stay healthy for the rest of the year and through the playoffs. They'll finally get a championship this year.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm telling you guys they don't need him to run up and down the floor. They've needed a big center for a long time. I think when he gets back in a week or two he'll stay healthy for the rest of the year and through the playoffs. They'll finally get a championship this year.

I hope your right man! Would be awesome to finally see Phoenix break through and get a championship.
I'd like to see it happen too.