Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd county tournament
How is it going? who all is still in it... or who won if its over. lol
Its supposed to continue tommorow. With the weather canceling school all week Im not too sure if any games were played at all this past week. Last Friday night the C team tournament got started I believe, and then last Saturday the B team started.
In the Semi Finals of the C team last week Betsy Layne defeated Adams, then Mcdowell defeated Wesley Christian. Of the B team, Betsy Layne defeated Adams South Floyd and Wesley Christian defeated Adams. And in the A-team semi finals, Betsy Layne defeated Allen Central and South Floyd defeated Adams.
The C, B, and A team championship games are Wednesday at Pburg High with Betsy Layne having a team representing in each game.
C-team Game: Betsy Layne vs. Mcdowell
B-team Game: Betsy Layne vs. Wesley Christian
A-team Game: Betsy Layne vs. South Floyd
What's your alls predictions for the games and who all you think will get MVP's
I'll say Betsy Layne takes all three games!!
Not sure on the MVPs
a team morson b team hamilton and c team maldonado mvps i think not sure about the c team
South Floyd wins...marson mvp....
BETSY LAYNE TAKES ALL 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A B and C team champions! GREAT games played by everyone tonight. But BL come out on top. Congratulations to the Bobcats and to first year coach Mike Howard on a job well done. Had critics on your back all season, but came through in the end when it counted the most. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who was players of the year?
I didn't get there for the C-team game, but Dylan Hamilton from BL took the B-team, then they split it again in the A-team, well it was the B-team last year, but same class, to Jamerson and Morrison. Jamerson got it last year in the B-team with Andrew Roberts. Congratulations to all teams in Floyd County. It was an excellent season. Many great players, teams and games. Now if we can keep em in Floyd County, then the 58th may start competing better as a whole with the rest of the region in years to come IMO.
I think C-team MVP was the #1 from Mcdowell.But has taken all 3 championships ever been done before?
I think thats a first. The c and b team tournaments have not been around that long, and I know that group of Betsy Layne that won it last year for the A team won it in the B team and C team when they were in 6th and 7th grade and BLs A team didn't win it those years. So I'm pretty sure this was a first, although I may be wrong.
mike was not the c teams caoch
I think this was just the 3rd year for the B team county tourney. A few years ago when SFMS beat ACMS for the A team champion was the last year it was A and C only. The 05-06 season was the first for A-B-C and the first year they named Players of the Year for each group. Good to see the county playing a complete tourney and making sure the B team players get a chance to compete for a County Title.
Couldn't agree more!!!