Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Conference Standings
Thought I'd start this thread to help teams, fans, etc. stay updated on where all the teams stand in the conference for purposes of the 2008 Pike County Tournament pairings. We had the tournament meeting last week and all conference games hadn't been played yet so the bracket may change from the meeting. The tournament will be played at Mullins on Feb. 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th.

If everyone doesn't know, Pike County went to 2 Conferences (North and South) last year with all the teams making the County Tournament. The South includes Dorton, Elkhorn, Feds Creek, Millard, and Virgie. The North includes Belfry, Johns Creek, Kimper, Mullins, Phelps, and Pikeville (they rotate each year).

If someone from each team would post their conference record, # of games left, and who against, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for the South, I think the standings are like this:

1. Dorton 5-0 (remaining games: FC on Tues, Millard on Thurs, and EC on Feb 4th)
2. Elkhorn (I know they have lost 2 conference games, but not sure of # of wins)
3. Virgie (I know they have lost 3 conference games, but not sure of # of wins)
4. Millard
5. Feds Creek

I was told that the North standings were like this (maybe NEXT can help out):

1. Pikeville
2. Mullins
3. Belfry
4. Phelps
5. Johns Creek
6. Kimper
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thought I'd start this thread to help teams, fans, etc. stay updated on where all the teams stand in the conference for purposes of the 2008 Pike County Tournament pairings. We had the tournament meeting last week and all conference games hadn't been played yet so the bracket may change from the meeting. The tournament will be played at Mullins on Feb. 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th.

If everyone doesn't know, Pike County went to 2 Conferences (North and South) last year with all the teams making the County Tournament. The South includes Dorton, Elkhorn, Feds Creek, Millard, and Virgie. The North includes Belfry, Johns Creek, Kimper, Mullins, Phelps, and Pikeville (they rotate each year).

If someone from each team would post their conference record, # of games left, and who against, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for the South, I think the standings are like this:

1. Dorton 5-0 (remaining games: FC on Tues, Millard on Thurs, and EC on Feb 4th)
2. Elkhorn (I know they have lost 2 conference games, but not sure of # of wins)
3. Virgie (I know they have lost 3 conference games, but not sure of # of wins)
4. Millard
5. Feds Creek

1. Pikeville
2. Mullins
3. Belfry
4. Phelps
5. Johns Creek
6. Kimper

If it helps any....
Belfry has lost twice to P'ville...
Lost once to Mullins. (have only played 1 game against them)
Have beat Phelps twice
Have beat Kimper twice
Have beat Johns Creek once (game 2 cancelled because of weather/no school)

You are correct though... NEXT may be able to shed more light onto the conference... I usually don't keep up with that type of stuff in basketball.... lol...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:If it helps any....
Belfry has lost twice to P'ville...
Lost once to Mullins. (have only played 1 game against them)
Have beat Phelps twice
Have beat Kimper twice
Have beat Johns Creek once (game 2 cancelled because of weather/no school)

You are correct though... NEXT may be able to shed more light onto the conference... I usually don't keep up with that type of stuff in basketball.... lol...

That makes Belfry 5-3, with 2 games left in the conference. Teams in the North will have to play 10 conference games compared to 8 for the South because of the extra team.

I know that Pikeville is undefeated in conference play.
Mullins(5-2) Johns Creek 1-26-08, @ Virgie 1-28-08, @ Elkhorn City 1-31-08, @ Magoffin Co. 2-2-08 and Belfry 2-4-08 and a make up game with Kimper don't know date yet.
You have the North standing correct. We must beat Mullins by 4 to get the 2nd seed.

1. Pikeville
2. Mullins
3. Belfry
4. Phelps
5. Johns Creek
6. Kimper
NEXT Wrote:You have the North standing correct. We must beat Mullins by 4 to get the 2nd seed.

1. Pikeville
2. Mullins
3. Belfry
4. Phelps
5. Johns Creek
6. Kimper

Did the loss to JC shake up the standings? Would that tie Belfry/Mullins for 2nd place? What about JC and Phelps? Is Phelps still the 4 seed or is it JC now?
1. Pikeville
2. Mullins/Belfry

I do not know about the others.