Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Cubs-16 Arizona Diamondbacks-6
Looks like the Cubs came to play in this one...i just wish they would have saved some of these runs for the rest of the season cuz they wont put that mayn runs up too much more...Derrek Lee drove in five runs and Aramis Ramirez knocked in four, both hitting their first home runs of the season, to highlight a 23-hit attack. Cubs starter Carlos Zambrano contributed to the offense by hitting a double in the fifth. He gave up three runs on seven hits and four walks over 4 2/3 innings and struck out eight, but didn't last long enough for the win. Glendon Rusch (1-0) picked it up in relief. Lee had four hits, including an RBI single in the first, an RBI double in the second and a three-run homer in the sixth. Ramirez, who signed a four-year, $42 million contract earlier in the day, hit a two-run double to highlight a five-run second inning, and a two-run homer in the seventh. The 16 runs are a club record for Opening Day, topping the old mark of 15 set twice, most recently in 2003 against the New York Mets. The Cubs now are 3-0 in season openers under Baker, the first time the team has won three in a row since 1988-90. There was some concern about how the Cubs would respond without Sammy Sosa or Moises Alou, who provided most of the offense last season, now dont get me wrong they are still there, but after this game things sure are looking good for the Cubs...lets hope they can keep this up for the rest of the season!!! :!: :!: Big Grin
The Diamondbacks arent the best team out there, but they do have some talent and beating them like that at their home field is quite an accomplishment for any team in the mojors...
GO CUBS!!!!!!!lol
ok for gods sake..why was this single game made into a thread?? no one cares about the cubs and there losing..lol
if you have notice into the past there have been a lot of single game threads VW...come on give the cubs some credit now they did set a record on opening day...and they did get beat in game two but just by one run and that was only becasue they left Maddux in one inning too long...and some do care about the cubs...i especially doa dn i knwo some of my friends that do along wiht all of chicago lol Big Grin
lets see the cubs dont have kerry wood and prior, nor do they have sosa ne more, or clement, face it they suk....no playoffs for them at all this year
They actualyl have Wood and they needed rid of sosa and im sure prior will be back...and htey may not make the playoffs, but Peter Gammons is pikcing them to win the world series....Who knows more about baseball...Von or Peter???lol :lol:
if gammons picked the cubs to win the world series...than i guess i know more about baseball than him....no way in hell the cubs make it in the playoffs...prior and wood are way too inconsistent..so yeh im rite hes wrong!! :twisted:
For once I agree with Von, Gammons must be smokin when he made that picked. Their pitching staff is too inconsistent but I would like to see them break the curse of the billy goat.
actually im always right ykwib....gammons was def. ill when he made that prediction...GO BRAVES!
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:actually im always right ykwib....gammons was def. ill when he made that prediction...GO BRAVES!

Haha Von you are far from always being right. Need I remind you of how you said the Bulls wouldnt make the playoffs. Your wrong ALOT.
im def. not wrong a lot....and dont individually respond to me on this, if u wanna than just pm me...otherwise leave this somewhere else...and im hell of a lot more right than u are
face it Von you are wrong quite often haha
just a joke...anyways back to the cubs...hey everyone has a chance of winning the WS, the cubs have just as good as a chance as anyone else
i guess u havent paid ne attention to there team this year..lol...ur prolly more wrong than ne one on here
I have seen almost all of their games year i thank you very much!
im def not more wrong than YOU!
tahts for sure haha
no ur def. wrong if u pick the cubs to win the ws..how can u pick a team thats not even the best in there divison???
I DIDNT PICK THE CUBS to win the WS
i jsut said they are good
how are they good, if there not gonna make the playoffs..?? lol..did u see the way kerry wood pitched today...terrible!!
did u see that way Prior pitched today?
pretty good
and besides everybody has an off day...if u watch baseball u would know that smart one :lol:
ive said all along that if prior and wood can get the cubs to the playoffs..cubs would win the world series...i just dont trust wood and prior to take them to the playoffs
Oh now i see what your saying...well as of lately their arms havent been too reliable due to injuries, but im hoping things cna change
Yeah that's right. Why now? Where do you see what your saying?
i mean wood and prior if they pitch the way they can, than they should win the world series, but they got to get to the world series, and i dont see them getting past the cards and astros in their own division
well if the cubs can at least win the wild card and make it to the playoffs, and wood and prior stay healthy then they have a good chance at making it to the WS, but that wont be an easy task by any means...
not by ne means...getting past the astros and the cardinals will be tuff
real tough...i dont knwo if they can do it but i sure hope they do
they are going to need to win around 83-90 games to have a chance at the wild care...or maybe more games
yeh the cubs will need to win about 90-94 games to have a chance at the wild card, but prior looked great in his last start so maybe they can
Im doubting the Cubs. Maybe if they could keep everyone healthy and play as a team. Thats just too BIG of an IF for me.
exactly
well now their leader is gone in Nomar for at least 2-months so things arent looking too great for them, but hopefully they can rebound from the tough loss
ouch!!...now the cubs have lost nomar for 2 or 3 months...
yeap...that was below the belt for the cubs...they are hurting now!