Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Belfry have Next Year?
Does anyone know?
Wheres happygilmore or belfrypride.. Those guys could tell us.. IMO they will be good. I dont know about a 3peat.. But you never know. With All those kids hitting the weight room during the offseason.. I cant wait to find out.. God I love football.
I really don't know a lot, there are some holes to fill for sure though.

The QB position is up in the air. The RBs will likely be Soph-Dustin May & Jr.-Corey CHapman. The line will be revamped, but no worries because it is always revamped. Matt Maynard (WR/DB) is as athletic as anyone in the area and may change positions (QB/HB???) but you never know. Justin Gooslin and Aaron Chapman are as good as any DEs you'll see in EKY, they are returning starters as well. The LB and DB positions are spots that I don't know who will start where, maybe someone else could help you out with those.
Phillip Haywood, enough said!
Belfry has a good size line named mattew Dotson this boy is 350+ he will go nicely with this line. Aaron Chapman and Justin Gooslin are the best DEs i have seen in EK and Matt Maynard will be great where ever he will play on O
Well they will be without the greatest backfield East Ky has seen in some time. So they won't be nearly as explosive.
gish Wrote:Well they will be without the greatest backfield East Ky has seen in some time. So they won't be nearly as explosive.

You're right, they will definitely be in more of a 3 yards & a cloud of dust type team offensively.

But thats worked pretty good over the years, too.
IMO Belfry will be 2nd in the district this year, behind pburg, like gish said they lose one of the best backfields eastern KY has seen in recent years, so they more than likely wont be as good as these past couple of years, but who knows if they work hard than you never kno what could happen come august....
Don't forget that Prestonsburg lost alot to graduation as well. I think Belfry will be in the hunt again this year. I see Belfry & Prestonsburg slugging it out again for it all this year as always. I think the Pirates will be just fine....After all we have Coach Haywood on the sidelines.....