Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cloverfield"
And I cannot wait... I hope that it's not a bust.
Yeah same here, seen a lot of previews for it and it looks to be good. Hope it lives up to the hype.
What's it about?
Lisa Douglas Wrote:What's it about?

The movie revolves around a monster attack in New York as told from the point of view of a small group of people.

Trailer...
http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/trailers-me60215748
I just watched the trailer on Yahoo and it looks awesome...might have to catch it.
blackcat_student Wrote:The movie revolves around a monster attack in New York as told from the point of view of a small group of people.

Trailer...
http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/trailers-me60215748

The thing about it is, and I think this might be a reason why it's so successful, you never see the actual monster or villain in the previews: one time you see the side of a Godzilla looking thing, but that leaves open the possibility for a lot more also.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:The thing about it is, and I think this might be a reason why it's so successful, you never see the actual monster or villain in the previews: one time you see the side of a Godzilla looking thing, but that leaves open the possibility for a lot more also.

It kinda does look like Godzilla....but I don't know..
Wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it leaves you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I'm not going to ruin the monster for anyone but its pretty awesome. Only real bad part about it is the beginning and ending, it takes forever for the attack to begin. But its worth watching.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6.5.
blackcat_student Wrote:Wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it leaves you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I'm not going to ruin the monster for anyone but its pretty awesome. Only real bad part about it is the beginning and ending, it takes forever for the attack to begin. But its worth watching.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6.5.

THANK YOU FOR NOT RUINING IT. That Amy Fisher one where the person was like "spoiler, don't scroll down if you don't wanna see it," well, you don't want to see the spoiler, but you have to look!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I thought it was a lot better than I expected. I'd recommend it to anyone interested.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just saw it and I loved it!! I say go see it!!
I thought it was really good. I saw Cloverfield, No Country for Old Men, Juno, and Atonement this week and Cloverfield was just as good as No Country. The wife made me see the other two. Juno was funny, Atonement sucked royally.
Cloverfield was great IMO. Very different from any movie I've ever seen. I think the real-time movements and special effects were combined together perfectly. I really enjoyed it and I'd highly recommend it.
Awesome movie!
OK, I'm a little late on this, but I finally saw Cloverfield. Also, no on ruined the monster for me by telling me how it was beforehand.

I have to say that the movie was slow to start but very good once the action got going. I could have done without the party at the beginning but it was kind of necessary.

The monster wasn't anything like I was expecting and I like that there is the possibility of a sequel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]