Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central- 60 Montgomery County- 59
Great job both teams, Central played excellent
wow...congrats pc
I guess I'll eat my crow with a little ketchup, great job PC representing the 15th...you proved me wrong. Great win Lady Hawks and Coach Butcher.
Good Job Hawks! This was a very good game. I was there to witness it. It came down to the last 16.6 seconds. Central had the ball and got it down to A.D. Slone with the bucket and the foul. This tied the game Slone had one free throw and ...... sunk it! This put the Lady Hawks up by 1 with 8.9 seconds to go. The Hawks played it out with good D and hung on to get the W! Congratz Hawks! Keep it up!
mcfan1 Wrote:I guess I'll eat my crow with a little ketchup, great job PC representing the 15th...you proved me wrong. Great win Lady Hawks and Coach Butcher.

would u like to trade that maroon in for a little blue and orange now MCfan lol just playing.

great showing by PC tonight. Montgomery just needs to slide their feet and to stop fouling off of ever ball screen. Harris played phenomenal tonight, what really turned this ball game around was two unforced turnovers by MC in their back court.
Congrats Lady Hawks!
Sounds like a great game! Congrats Hawks
great game by the hawks...these girls knew they had to come out and play harder than they have all year and thats exactly what they did...Holly Harris did a great job of penetrating to the basket and finishing strong. Kayla Lowe and A.D. Slone both did a great job of scoring from the post as they were both tested on the defensive side... Hannah Thompson played some good defense and hit a huge 3 in the first half... Kayla Pennington went into the half scoreless but came out in the second half and hit 2 big three pointers to help the lady hawks finish strong...A.D. play within the last 10 seconds was tremendous and the foul shot had all the fans screaming..this was a great test for the Lady Hawls and they done an exception job
To whomever is going to win the regional title this year, they are going to have to beat this team. Pike Central could go back to back in regional titles.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:would u like to trade that maroon in for a little blue and orange now MCfan lol just playing.

great showing by PC tonight. Montgomery just needs to slide their feet and to stop fouling off of ever ball screen. Harris played phenomenal tonight, what really turned this ball game around was two unforced turnovers by MC in their back court.

I'll keep my Maroon, but congrats on the big win.
BondJamesBond Wrote:Pike Central could go back to back in regional titles.

:1: I hope so!! Congrats on the win Hawks! You're doing great! Keep it up girls, but don't get big-headed! Ya'll are awesome. You'll go far!! (diddle)
This team is special. They never give up. They keep fighting, and prove the naysayers wrong. I believe they are a legitimate contender for not on the regional title, but the state title also.
lets just stay healty
i thought MC's coach was going to have her head explode when that girl got hurt
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i thought MC's coach was going to have her head explode when that girl got hurt

I have to agree
Congratulations Pike Central! Way to represent the 15th!
Central05 Wrote:I have to agree

shes a really nice lady i talked to her after the game, i guess it was where she was just in coach mode lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i thought MC's coach was going to have her head explode when that girl got hurt

She was upset for most of the game due to some very questionable calls. It's not Pike Central's fault, but it was a terribly officiated game.
The girl just turned her ankle and fell. No foul. Montgomery can't complain. They got two great looks to win it but they couldn't do it.
It puzzles me how Montgomery can be 5th in the state and PC not ranked at all. This shows that PC can play with the teams from central Ky. Montgomery has a good team but I don't think they deserved a No. 5 ranking. It's just my opinion!
Congrats PC impressive Win!
15th Fan Wrote:It puzzles me how Montgomery can be 5th in the state and PC not ranked at all. This shows that PC can play with the teams from central Ky. Montgomery has a good team but I don't think they deserved a No. 5 ranking. It's just my opinion!

have you not looked at their schedule it is very tough not one that you can come in 13 and 3 on and not have a lot of respect by the media. Now they have 4 losses losing by a total of 8 points in those four games. Every game they have lost is been on the road twice to #1 Lex Cath once by 1 and once by 5 and then to #4 Paul Dunbar by 1. So I mean they are a legit #5 team, the reason Central is not ranked is the strength of schedule has been very weak up until now.
I thought that it may have been based on their schedule but I wasn't for sure. And according to MaxPreps, they are 4th. They do have one heck of a schedule.
Great game....way to pull out the win lady hawks
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:have you not looked at their schedule it is very tough not one that you can come in 13 and 3 on and not have a lot of respect by the media. Now they have 4 losses losing by a total of 8 points in those four games. Every game they have lost is been on the road twice to #1 Lex Cath once by 1 and once by 5 and then to #4 Paul Dunbar by 1. So I mean they are a legit #5 team, the reason Central is not ranked is the strength of schedule has been very weak up until now.

According to the radio this morning they said that PCC is #10 in the state. I can't remember what station I was listening to. But, they clearly said they were #10.
First of all, Montgomery County deserves whatever ranking they have. Losing to Pike Central is nothing to be ashamed of, and Pike Central is one of the top teams in the state, regardless of what theyre ranked. They shouldve been ranked before this game, and surely they will after it. Dont pay attention to those rankings anyway, because the teams from Eastern Kentucky rarely get the respect they deserve (boys or girls), and it takes games like this one to show that they belong among the state's elite. Both teams played well, and congrats to Pike Central on a HUGE win. The Lady Hawks have one of those special teams that come along every 15 or 20 years, and is capable of causing a lot of havoc in the tourney. So again, congrats to both teams on a great game, and to the Lady Hawks on a huge victory!
I agree weith you Hoss.
congrats pike central
OffTheHook Wrote:According to the radio this morning they said that PCC is #10 in the state. I can't remember what station I was listening to. But, they clearly said they were #10.

hmm idk then the PC coaches said they weren't ranked and basicly said they did not care if they got ranked. I am going to agree with Hoss rankings do not matter but i do believe this team deserves to be ranked they are a great ball team with a great attitude on and off the court. They all love the game and love to be in the gym every day and Butcher loves to guide them along. This team has the componets to make another run at a state title. They will claim their own destiny.