Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg or Belfry? Who is the strongest in 2005.
The Pirates have got the best of the Blackcats the last two season. Who do you think will be the strongest of these two teams next year?
Prestonsburg..I still thought they were the better team last year..IF they would have manage to keep things together they would have won it in the regional at Belfry!!!
Ill take P-burg next season becasue of all the big time players that Belfry lost!
I voted for P-burg just because there my team. These teams will be just like the last couple years, any team could win on any given night.
Basketballer Wrote:Prestonsburg..I still thought they were the better team last year..IF they would have manage to keep things together they would have won it in the regional at Belfry!!!

Belfry beats Prestonsburg 5 times in a row, including two times last year, and you still think Prestonsburg had the better team???

I tip my hat to you. A beloved fan of the Blackcats you are indeed. Big Grin
It's True, Pburg let 3 of those games slip right threw there fingers.
Basketballer Wrote:It's True, Pburg let 3 of those games slip right threw there fingers.

Its true to the only person it matters to I guess.

That person being you, of course.
Yelp, I know this
Basketballer Wrote:Yelp, I know this

Prestonsburg may have the advantage in returning players next year, but they did this year, too.

No matter who lines up where for either team I guarantee it will be a dandy of a football game.
I think pburg has the advantage, because it will be very difficult for belfry to replace Howard and Jones. If David Shaffer improves at the qb position p-burg will be dangerous
I'm afraid to say. With this rivalry, it really doesn't matter who the strongest or best team is. P-burg will still be pretty good this year, but just because Belfry loses most of their stars doesn't mean Belfry will be a push over. Belfry is one of those teams that could lose every player on the field, but could come back the following year and run the table on everyone. Yes I am a blackcat fan, but saying that one of these teams is better than the other is basically pointless when it comes to them playing one another. It's just a game of who is leading when the final horn sounds. If this game had 8 quarters to it then even after the 4th quarter horn, they would still be swapping the lead. Should be another exciting couple of games between these two this year.
Very nice reply there BCF4L !!!......You display ultimate football knowledge young grasshopper. Belfry will not be a push over for anyone. Haywood is still pacing on the sidelines and the Big Red Nation still beats on......Prestonsburg is a Rival game and when rivals play each other.....anything goes.....nothing else matters.This thread and poll will go to P'burgs favor because most of the Piratefaithful hasnt got here yet.....but oh so sooon that will change, I guarantee it. 8) 8) 8)

BGR will feel the force of the Pond Creek Nation !!! :!: Idea :?: :wink:
But as you see, I am a P-burg fan, but ultimately have enough knowledge to realize that it doesn't matter who the stronger of the two are, it's who wants it more. In all honesty I beleive this poll is irrelevant.
Well, Belfry/P'Burg has always been and always will be a battle. It has became now what the Belfry/Pikeville rivalry used to be....except for the pranks and taunting.
There is some taunting that goes on that you don't see BP. Like black roses being sent to the school. I think Belfry has done that the last couple of years.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:There is some taunting that goes on that you don't see BP. Like black roses being sent to the school. I think Belfry has done that the last couple of years.

That stuff happened in the Belfry/P'ville rivalry...Its not much of a rivalry like it used to be. The black roses we got from Pikeville were laid out on our field along with crap from animals.....yes i mean shizz ! Smile
I agree with you basketballer.. Pburg gave it away last season to Belfry..
but I think Pburg will be the better team this year because Belfry lost too much
Everyone thought Belfry lost too much in 2004 too didnt they....look what happened !!!

All I can say is don't overlook us....you just might find yourself on the wrong end of the scoreboard.
Who knows....everyone thought that Belfry would be down last season after what they lost....look what happened there....with Coach Haywood I wouldn't put anything past him...he is GREAT!!
Yeah, Coach Haywood is an awesome Coach. I'm glad we have him and hope to keep him many more seasons. I could'nt even think of anyone Id want as his successor.....
Beef Wrote:Who knows....everyone thought that Belfry would be down last season after what they lost....look what happened there....with Coach Haywood I wouldn't put anything past him...he is GREAT!!

8) 8)

JD not to shabby either. I wish both teams the best. I will happy to see either one playing in the state next year. Idea
torQQue Wrote:
Beef Wrote:Who knows....everyone thought that Belfry would be down last season after what they lost....look what happened there....with Coach Haywood I wouldn't put anything past him...he is GREAT!!

8) 8)

JD not to shabby either. I wish both teams the best. I will happy to see either one playing in the state next year. Idea

Should be just as fun as always.

I still can't figure out which games Prestonsburg gave away to Belfry. But IMO a win is a win is a win.
Imma go with Belfry... Though they lost alot of their talent, a great program such as theirs will produce more
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I agree with you basketballer.. Pburg gave it away last season to Belfry..
but I think Pburg will be the better team this year because Belfry lost too much

Why don't we just go ahead and say P'burg gave us all of the wins in the 5 straight times we've defeated them.

I mean obviously Prestonburg had the better team. :? Big Grin
HappyGilmore Wrote:
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I agree with you basketballer.. Pburg gave it away last season to Belfry..

Why don't we just go ahead and say P'burg gave us all of the wins in the 5 straight times we've defeated them.

:roll:
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:
HappyGilmore Wrote:

:roll:

BTW....If I could I would put two rings on that little finger thats wagging just to help prove my point.

Imagine this :? :? with two big, shiny, AA State Championship rings and a Pirate emblem engraved on them.

That would clearly show Prestonsburg had the better team the last two years and that all 4 of those losses (5 counting 2002) were fluke, shouldn't have happened, and by no means indicative of the superior team winning the football game.

Now, I'm usually not one to brag, but stop with the lame excuses and start calling a spade what it is......a spade.
Your right Happy you do have 2 state championship rings and we (Prestonsburg) have none. But then again the past two years in the playoffs all youve had to do is beat us and after that it has been a cakewalk. So had Prestonburg beat Belfry the past two years in the playoffs I could be saying the same thing. But you're right we didnt beat you guys these past two years. And I think what everyone is trying to say with the whole "Pburg has had the better team...etc", is that Belfry had the two best players in the state whereas Pburg had the best team as a whole. But it's not worth arguing over. Whats done is done.
Ok, I am from Pburg of course, but I am not going to vote because all voting on here is for whatever team you are for you vote for. IMO the voting will lean towards p-burgs side because of more people on this site. But if we had 40 people voting and 20 was from pburg and 20 from belfry it would be a tie 8) I am just saying the voting could go either way....So with that said it is hard telling who will be the better team this coming year..The outcome will come between who does their homework the most. Coach D will be ready as will Coach Haywood.
Coach Haywood is one heck of a coach as is Derossett, but Coach D has been finding it harder and harder every year to beat his teacher. Whatever happens you better believe it will be a dog fight til the end :twisted:
I wish the best of luck to both teams this year and hope for the best.

I know one thing I cant wait til kickoff 05 Confusedhock:
[quote=""Blackcat Pride""] But then again the past two years in the playoffs all youve had to do is beat us and after that it has been a cakewalk.quote]

Well, I do know for a fact that after we beat P'Burg to advance over the last two years...It has been anything but a cakewalk....

Here is the teams that we had to play after Prestonsburg to win the State Titles....not exactly cupcakes if you ask me... Smile

2003 Playoffs

@ Middlesboro (11-1)
@ Lloyd Memorial (9-4)
vs. Elizabethtown (12-2)

2004 Playoffs

vs. Russell (13-0)
vs. Owensboro Catholic (10-1)
:lol: