Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach, New System, Can Pikeville win the region again
With the recent coaching change and players learning a new system. Do you think Pikeville will have a legitimate shot at winning the region again this year or will it take the players time to adjust to the new coach and system.
It won't matter who the coach is or the sytem.
Unless the Pikeville players get in the weightroom and in great shape, they will not win the region this year or any in the foreseeable future.
I spoke with Coach Jackson yesterday QQ, and I liked everything he had to say. This man knows the game and wants to win. He gave me Pikeville's schedule and we both said Pikeville could have a losing record going into week 5. He told me to be the best you have to beat the best. I think they will stuggle early with their tough nondistrict schedule(NCC, Pburg, Corbin, and Belfry) but I think they should win the district again and have a good chance at the regional title. I am real excited to see where he has the program in a few years.....Coach Jackson has an unbelieveable work ethic. Pikeville football will be fine and this coaching change was for the best, I really believe that.
Pikeville would have a tough time in region with Mac still there.....I think that Coach J is going to have to force every little thing that he can get out of his players if they want to make a run....but he seems just like the guy to do it!
I personally Think Coach Jackson is the perfect key for the State Championship Door At Pikeville.