Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tigers in 2005! Will they be strong?
Paintsville is returning almost every player from last years team. How do you guys think they will do this upcoming season. Maybe a district title?
Should be better then last year.
paintsville should be good
Paintsville should be much improved and could win the disrtict this year. Honestly I see a lot of district runner ups for them in the future.
I think if Paintsville plays to their potential and experience level then yes, they could and probably should be district champions. I think Pikeville will be the runner-up this season just because they are under a new coach and will have to learn a whole new scheme. Hazard and South Floyd both should be tough, but I just have a feeling that one of the four teams that were in last years playoffs will not return to November.
Paintsville will be battling Pikeville for the district and region title this season, in the region teams like Hazard, Somerset, Harlan, and Lynn Camp., could be good enough to have a say in the region. Paintsville should be a fun team to watch.
LC99 Wrote:Paintsville will be battling Pikeville for the district and region title this season, in the region teams like Hazard, Somerset, Harlan, and Lynn Camp., could be good enough to have a say in the region. Paintsville should be a fun team to watch.

Paintsville should be a fun team to watch, with all the controversy lately among coaching staff. Along with the lack of participation during spring ball. It has also been rumored that Paintsville may have some players wind up academically ineligible. Only time will tell.
Ooops duplicate post. Sorry guys I'm new to this site.
No prob Mojo, Ill take care of it
Paintsville will be good If they play to their abilities.. which is untelling with them. NOT TRYIN 2 PUT THEM DOWN OR NOTHING.. Just saying... I think Paintsville will be a tough defender this year for District POSSIBLY even Region if they play ball......
Paintsville only looses one player from last season, who realy wasn't much of a player to begin with. If Chuke lets Daniel Pugh show off that arm more they will win the District Title. If not they will loose to Hazard or Pikeville.
The good news is Paintsville has everyone back. The bad news is its the same players who have given up about 100 points and 1,000 yards to Pikeville the last two years. Paintsville will have to step it up about 3 or 4 notches to even COMPETE with Pikeville, much less have a shot to beat them. With the game at Pikeville in '05, the Tigers get the runner-up slot IF they improve.
jetpilot Wrote:The good news is Paintsville has everyone back. The bad news is its the same players who have given up about 100 points and 1,000 yards to Pikeville the last two years. Paintsville will have to step it up about 3 or 4 notches to even COMPETE with Pikeville, much less have a shot to beat them. With the game at Pikeville in '05, the Tigers get the runner-up slot IF they improve.

I'll have to agree with you.
jetpilot Wrote:The good news is Paintsville has everyone back. The bad news is its the same players who have given up about 100 points and 1,000 yards to Pikeville the last two years. Paintsville will have to step it up about 3 or 4 notches to even COMPETE with Pikeville, much less have a shot to beat them. With the game at Pikeville in '05, the Tigers get the runner-up slot IF they improve.

With the rumors flaring around Pikeville about some of their TOP players tansferring, Pikeville might have a tough time competing with Paintsville. That's just a rumor though, don't hold that to me.

If all the turmoil going down in Paintsville doesn't get straightened out, then the Tigers are in for a long year IMO.

As for Paintsville having everyone back, that isn't true. They lost their lone Senior Zach Branham, they have also lost starting OL Simon Davis due to acedemics, starting DT Nick Ramey due to acedemics, starting DE/NG Aaron Penix due to acedemics, starting LB Matt Hicks who quit the week of the Pikeville game last year, and will possibly be without "would be" 4 year starter LB Matt Blevins due to acedemics. Finding replacements for all these kids will be tough for Paintsville, I would like to see Hicks come back out this year, and I hope and pray that Blevins finishes out the the school year strong and be eligible.
Bill_Don Wrote:

With the rumors flaring around Pikeville about some of their TOP players tansferring, Pikeville might have a tough time competing with Paintsville. That's just a rumor though, don't hold that to me.

If all the turmoil going down in Paintsville doesn't get straightened out, then the Tigers are in for a long year IMO.

As for Paintsville having everyone back, that isn't true. They lost their lone Senior Zach Branham, they have also lost starting OL Simon Davis due to acedemics, starting DT Nick Ramey due to acedemics, starting DE/NG Aaron Penix due to acedemics, starting LB Matt Hicks who quit the week of the Pikeville game last year, and will possibly be without "would be" 4 year starter LB Matt Blevins due to acedemics. Finding replacements for all these kids will be tough for Paintsville, I would like to see Hicks come back out this year, and I hope and pray that Blevins finishes out the the school year strong and be eligible.

I don't think you will see anyone transfer out of the Pikeville program. Anything's possible though. I have heard that there will be some transfers IN, but those are just rumors at this point as well.
Bill_Don Wrote:With the rumors flaring around Pikeville about some of their TOP players tansferring, Pikeville might have a tough time competing with Paintsville. That's just a rumor though, don't hold that to me.

This is REALLY weird. I'm pretty close to the Pikeville program and haven't heard ANYTHING about ANY player thinking of transferring.

Care to mention any names? If you don't feel comforatable posting names, you can send me a personal message with who they are to help you.

From everything I've heard from MANY of the players, they're taking VERY well to the new guy and the optimism is as high as it's been there in a while.

But I could be wrong...
I've heard The Honakers and Weston Robinson have considered leaving. Heard Robinson was coming to JC, you know his mother is a teacher there.
I heard today that the numbers at Paintsville's weight lifting were going down and even there was no one participating in Monday's workout. Is there any truth to this? If so, this could be a downward spiral for the season. I really would like to see Pikeville and Paintsville battle it out for the District title like they have almost every season for the past 6 seasons.
The Gipper Wrote:I've heard The Honakers and Weston Robinson have considered leaving. Heard Robinson was coming to JC, you know his mother is a teacher there.

JCHS is loaded with talent already, if Robinson joined them the sky is the limit for them. Central will be VERY tough this coming season, considering alot of kids that had quit before are playing again.