Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(14-1) Pike Central vs Montgomery Co. (13-3)
Unranked Pike Central (14-1) will take on the #5 team in the state Montgomery Country (13-3), Thursday 7:30 at Pike Central High School. Two of Montgomery County's losses have came to the #1 team in the state twice Lex Cath. and the #4 team Paul Dunbar. So what is your predictions. This will be the Lady Hawks first real test of the year.
Best of luck to the Lady Hawks!
Hawks can do it!! Go Central! good luck
Montgomery..by 10
Im going to go with the hawks on this one
PC wins it on a last second shot.
It's their year.
i think Pike Central can pull this one out if they play the way they did against Johnson Central. The thing with this team is they do not play to level of their opponent they simply bring their A game to every game which is always good if you're their coach sucks if you are on the other end.

Pike Central 62
Montgomery County 59
Pike Central will win this one!!!
I am looking forward to this one, I think that PC will win. It will be a great game.
PC

who was their loss to this year?
PC lost to a team out of Virginia in the Belfry tournament.
pc will give Montgomery co. all they want andd possible beat them.
pc is very hard working team.
GO HAWKS!!
Montgomery might be the best team in the state, Montgomery by 16.
Central by 4,

we are better now than we ever were last year I think
mcfan1 Wrote:Montgomery might be the best team in the state, Montgomery by 16.

I think thats taking it a little far. Pike Central has proved to be one of the better teams in the state this year, and proved last year that they can play with anyone in the state. The only way Montgomery wins by 16+ is if they were playing Magoffin.
will they play due to the weather?
Central05 Wrote:I think thats taking it a little far. Pike Central has proved to be one of the better teams in the state this year, and proved last year that they can play with anyone in the state. The only way Montgomery wins by 16+ is if they were playing Magoffin.

Pike Central has not played anyone, they will lose by 16 or more tonight. As for the smart remark about Magoffin, they aren't playing Montgomery, PC is, and they will lose their second game of the season unless the Pike Co. bunch of refs will hand them a victory.
mcfan1 Wrote:Pike Central has not played anyone, they will lose by 16 or more tonight. As for the smart remark about Magoffin, they aren't playing Montgomery, PC is, and they will lose their second game of the season unless the Pike Co. bunch of refs will hand them a victory.

ok honestly i do not see how you can say Pike Central will lose by 16 or more. Central is a very talented ball team and has the size and depth to run with Montgomery Co. MC plays about 7 girls and they have no one to match up on the inside with Lowe or Slone. PC will get alot of 2nd chance oppurtunites and alot of defencive rebounds, if they block out and do their jobs. i could see PC getting beat by about ten. However, home court advantage there was no school today so they will be rested. MC had school and has a long bus ride so they will be tight coming out. The key to this game will be if Pike Central comes out strong and takes advantage on MC's weakness on the inside and can contain the perimeter they will have every chance to win, they must hit there freethrows. This is one of those games where each team is about equal talent wise it is just going to depend on who executes the best. I also agree the Magoffin Co. comment was out of hand and should not of been said. But good luck to PC tonight just do what you need to do and come out on top, make the 15th region proud.
I have to disagree with Montgomery being conisdered the best team in the state. They have 3 losses to teams that are better than them. One of those losses came to Dunbar when Dunbar was playing the worst game of their season and it had nothing to do with defense on Montgomery Counties part. Although PCC has a good record they havent played the level of competition that MC has. I will go with MC winning this one. PCC has a "good" team and depends on how much of an advantage they can take of the inside play on how close it will be.
Central05 Wrote:PC wins it on a last second shot.
It's their year.

haha almost
great call!

sorta turned out that way
I goin with Pike Central 60- Motgumry County-59 ....last second shot by AD Slone. I hope I am right with this one!
Now that is a nice win for PCC......
congrats..