Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB Opening Day
The opening day for Major League Baseball is Monday, correct me if i am wrong, and i am relaly looking forward to this upcoming season, whether it be about Beltran adn Pedro to the Mets or can the Sox repeat, there are a lot of burning questions i cant wait to find out...what are some things you are waiting to find out and stuff you are looking forward to this upcoming season???
Im looking forward to see if the Reds can compete this year. Im also eager to see if Ken Griffey Jr. can play a whole season
thats a good one...i for one am waiting to see if the Cubs can break their Billygoat curse like the Red Sox broke their curse last season!!!
Opening day is Sunday 8pm ESPN 2. Red Sox vs. Yankees.

Ill take the Yankees since The Unit will be on the mound.

Im hoping the Reds will compete but I doubt it because they went out and brought in pop fly pitchers in a ball park where a short pop fly turns into a homerun.

I doubt the Cubs will break the curse because their pitching staff is depleting quickly. Wood is hurt and Prior was Im not sure if he is any more or not.
Yes thats true woods is hurt and prior was but if they can stay healthy and keep everyone in the lineup healthy i think they have a chance to make a run in the playoffs but its way too early to tell
Are you kidding? I think woods is a lot of things.
Woods is a starting Pitcher in the Chicago Cubs rotation...His name is Kerry Woods!
the reds will be terrible, red sox and braves will be awesome as always
"dirty30" Wrote:Woods is a starting Pitcher in the Chicago Cubs rotation...His name is Kerry Woods!

Actually its Kerry Wood. No s.

Way to go out on a limb Von thats pretty obvious. Are the Reds ever good? haha...But you can always hope.
sorry i meant Wood...i didnt mean to add the S
it was probably just a typing mistake
i find myself not paying attention to what i type sometimes
reds might finish dead last in the NL...lol...red sox and braves will meet in the world series
I'm glad you find this amusing.
Von, do you think that hte Sox can repeat? or do you think the Braves will win it all?
Wer oder was ist do you think that hte Sox can repeat ?
What are you talking about???
THat ? was for VOn, not you...so dont reply to my questions
D30....ill answer it...well i think this is the braves year finally...they will have better pitching, but im skeptical of the red sox making it past the yankees rite now, it all depends on if schilling out pitches johnson...braves will beat the marlins in the NLCS, and red sox over yankees in the ALCS...with braves beating the sox in a classic
I am guessing you think that two teams from the same division will play in the NL and AL championship series
but you make a good case for the Braves but i dont know...i did happen to get to watch them play in person the other day when Smolts took on Pedro
smoltz, hudson, hampton....only team that can match these 3 pitchers are the astros, who are prolly the most dangerous
well there are a few temas that can match that i think, not only the astros
nope..and if u say the cubs someone needs to slap you
you are the one who needs slapped woman!
haha
dont be hating on my cubbies~!!!!
did u even see the way prior threw against those minor leaguers....and kerry wood cant even pitch in the strike zone, zambrano is just lame, and they lost clement, maddux is the only rock they have
ok so prior didnt have a good start in the minors but we will relaly get to see how he will fare in the MLB in his season debut tomarrow against the Padres...and wood pitched a very good game in his season opener so you cant be saying anything about him yet, and zambrano is really pitching well right now, everyone has noticed that you are just unnaccpepting of the fact, and of course maddux is tops, he always has been and losing clement really hurt the cubs becasue they dont have that dominant rotation like they have had in the past but he is replaceable, although he was key in the cubs rotation last season
also im sure i know more about teh cubs than u man haha Big Grin
actually no u dont man!!...i know every sport inside and outside...and i know the cubs pretty darn good...and there pretty darn bad
haha think what u want i dont care
i mean id love for the cubs to do something in the playoffs...but once again they'll have to wait till next year
ahhh we will just have to wait and see but u could be right
lol...well sorry ur team stinks so bad
Reds are above 500 right now so who knows things might turn out ok.
i am really impressed by willy mo pena from the reds..the guy is just a flat out ballplayer, really showing what hes got