Poll: Which is more likely to occur first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
African American President
52.94%
Female President
47.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman President/African American President?
Was watching the Tyra banks show the other day and thought she made up a VERY GOOD POINT! She had John Edwards on her show and told him that the sad thing about him running this year is that he is the minority. She went on to say, who would have ever thought that a white man running for president is the minority because of a black man running and a woman running and getting all the hype! So that leads me to ask...which will come first..A Woman winning the presidential election or an African American winning the presidential election?
Could someone post a poll with the 2 options, clicked submit on accident and tried to edit and didn't see a place where a poll could be posted...Thanks..PB5
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Could someone post a poll with the 2 options, clicked submit on accident and tried to edit and didn't see a place where a poll could be posted...Thanks..PB5

Done.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
In my opinion, we will know in 10 days, as I see whichever one (Sen Clinton/Sen Obama) is fortunate enuff to come out of next Tuesday's showdown as the big winner, will be in the express lane to the White House. I think there are too many negatives against the GOP this election year for them to win the Presidency in Nov, especially with not having a true force and frontrunner in the party this late in the season. Not to mention the fact of having to overcome the distaste so many Americans have for Pres Bush and his whole regime. Sen McCain looked to be in the driver's seat, but I think a recent remark about not giving in to the pressure of withdrawing in Iraq may hurt him more than help him. Absolutely, it is possible that whoever does end up with the Rep nom may be able to garner enuff support thru the summer to mount a major challenge to either Sen Clinton or Sen Obama, but as of now, personally I don't see that being the case. As for their ideal challenger, I would think the GOP would prefer Sen Clinton as the opponent in Nov. She would seem to have a larger "attack zone" for them to go after. And I don't think anyone would deny that Sen Obama is a heckuva speaker and could be one that could rally and sway the vote of thousands and thousands and thousands of supporters thru one 5 minute speech.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I do think if Pres Bush can get his "economic stimulus package" passed without any major overhaul by the Dems, and he can take full credit for the program, that will be a major boost for the party. With most of those rebate checks to be disbursed in the early summer months, it would no doubt leave a hangover effect on voters as they go to the polls in Nov, maybe a lil thankful for the lil bit of extra cash they may have in their pockets, thanks to those rebates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Done.
Thanks brother!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:In my opinion, we will know in 10 days, as I see whichever one (Sen Clinton/Sen Obama) is fortunate enuff to come out of next Tuesday's showdown as the big winner, will be in the express lane to the White House. I think there are too many negatives against the GOP this election year for them to win the Presidency in Nov, especially with not having a true force and frontrunner in the party this late in the season. Not to mention the fact of having to overcome the distaste so many Americans have for Pres Bush and his whole regime. Sen McCain looked to be in the driver's seat, but I think a recent remark about not giving in to the pressure of withdrawing in Iraq may hurt him more than help him. Absolutely, it is possible that whoever does end up with the Rep nom may be able to garner enuff support thru the summer to mount a major challenge to either Sen Clinton or Sen Obama, but as of now, personally I don't see that being the case. As for their ideal challenger, I would think the GOP would prefer Sen Clinton as the opponent in Nov. She would seem to have a larger "attack zone" for them to go after. And I don't think anyone would deny that Sen Obama is a heckuva speaker and could be one that could rally and sway the vote of thousands and thousands and thousands of supporters thru one 5 minute speech.

Ring...as bad as I hate to say it, I'm afraid you may be right, I personally think it will be hard for the Republician's to win in November regardless of who runs against them. On the other hand I've been told by several people that when the time comes to vote in November that many supports of these two will not vote for a either Clinton or Obama. I guess well see in November
My uncle says he doesn't want either. He wants a white male in office and he has some pretty good points.

If we had a female president: We would anger the Middle Eastern countries and others would think we were weaker for this. Therefore this might cause more attacks upon us.

If we had an African American president: He would be assasinated within a week due to the prejudice rednecks in our country. (not talking about just KY)
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:My uncle says he doesn't want either. He wants a white male in office and he has some pretty good points.

If we had a female president: We would anger the Middle Eastern countries and others would think we were weaker for this. Therefore this might cause more attacks upon us.

If we had an African American president: He would be assasinated within a week due to the prejudice rednecks in our country. (not talking about just KY)
Both of these are great assessments, Cheer Chick. Really nothing else to say about it, they are right on, and I believe in many, many people's mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, Ive gone on and on about our government (here at home, not on BGR) basically all week. I dont think it really matters, whether it be a black candidate, or a female, theres no "fixing" this country. The government are legal thieves (I'll get to that later), with way too much power, and allows too few people with too much say so, by the same people year in and year out. The government is nothing but a huge mob running the country, emptying pockets of the working man/woman all across America so they may have a full pocket. With our government, you'll never OWN anything. You'll rent whatever you have from them until you die. You'll never OWN your property. You can pay it off, but you'll pay property taxes until the end or time, or you'll have it taken from you. You'll never OWN the car you pay off. You'll pay taxes on the value of it (in Ky anyways) every year. IMO, once you pay something off, it should be hands off from those in Washington or Frankfort. Gas at $3.00 a gallon, and a possible .40+ tax on top of THAT!, with Exxon having the largest profit year in the HISTORY of mankind. And this is my favorite, tax the absolute **** out of my paycheck every week, THEN at the end of the year, make me pay more!! All this, and there are millions upon millions that WONT work, stay at home, cramming their oxys (that we're paying for) down their throats, and they get to get off scott free. No drug tests. A free paycheck just for living. Yes I know legislation is trying to pass a drug test for the welfare people, but it will never fly. A drug addict that wont work is our countrys most valuable commodity. They keep the pharmacies on par with the oil companies (on the first of the month anyways). And in a country that says its okay for teachers to have sex with 16 year old students (in Ky), and allows you to wear a shirt to school with a pentagram on it, but punishes you for wearing a John 3:16 shirt just lets you know where its all heading. The city, county, state, and national governments all need overhauling, theres no questioning that. Theres no excuse for the drug activity in this area. The whole "if you know somebody, you'll get out of it" is absolutely true. Thats why the laws around here are basically useless. Get this, in THIS country, A man rapes and murders a child, could be given the death penalty (in some states), where theyre greeted with pacifists raising **** (ACLU, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, etc), saying the death penalty is "cruel". Its bad enough the worthless pile of garbage will eat three meals a day, get free medical, get to shower throughout the week for 15 to 20 years while his appeals run up a pile of money. And the fact that a 10 year old child suffered through a rape and torture till death never enters the mind of those defending this animal. Those groups should have zero say so in anything. Sorry for the rambling. I know we still live in the best country in the world, protected by the best fighting force and the best policemen on earth, but our government needs a LOT of work. Replace greed. Insert a chance for common people to prosper.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:And in a country that says its okay for teachers to have sex with 16 year old students (in Ky), and allows you to wear a shirt to school with a pentagram on it, but punishes you for wearing a John 3:16 shirt just lets you know where its all heading. The city, county, state, and national governments all need overhauling, theres no questioning that. Theres no excuse for the drug activity in this area. The whole "if you know somebody, you'll get out of it" is absolutely true. Thats why the laws around here are basically useless. Get this, in THIS country, A man rapes and murders a child, could be given the death penalty (in some states), where theyre greeted with pacifists raising **** (ACLU, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, etc), saying the death penalty is "cruel". Its bad enough the worthless pile of garbage will eat three meals a day, get free medical, get to shower throughout the week for 15 to 20 years while his appeals run up a pile of money. And the fact that a 10 year old child suffered through a rape and torture till death never enters the mind of those defending this animal. Those groups should have zero say so in anything. Sorry for the rambling. I know we still live in the best country in the world, protected by the best fighting force and the best policemen on earth, but our government needs a LOT of work. Replace greed. Insert a chance for common people to prosper.

I couldn't agree more :Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, Ive gone on and on about our government (here at home, not on BGR) basically all week. I dont think it really matters, whether it be a black candidate, or a female, theres no "fixing" this country. The government are legal thieves (I'll get to that later), with way too much power, and allows too few people with too much say so, by the same people year in and year out. The government is nothing but a huge mob running the country, emptying pockets of the working man/woman all across America so they may have a full pocket. With our government, you'll never OWN anything. You'll rent whatever you have from them until you die. You'll never OWN your property. You can pay it off, but you'll pay property taxes until the end or time, or you'll have it taken from you. You'll never OWN the car you pay off. You'll pay taxes on the value of it (in Ky anyways) every year. IMO, once you pay something off, it should be hands off from those in Washington or Frankfort. Gas at $3.00 a gallon, and a possible .40+ tax on top of THAT!, with Exxon having the largest profit year in the HISTORY of mankind. And this is my favorite, tax the absolute **** out of my paycheck every week, THEN at the end of the year, make me pay more!! All this, and there are millions upon millions that WONT work, stay at home, cramming their oxys (that we're paying for) down their throats, and they get to get off scott free. No drug tests. A free paycheck just for living. Yes I know legislation is trying to pass a drug test for the welfare people, but it will never fly. A drug addict that wont work is our countrys most valuable commodity. They keep the pharmacies on par with the oil companies (on the first of the month anyways). And in a country that says its okay for teachers to have sex with 16 year old students (in Ky), and allows you to wear a shirt to school with a pentagram on it, but punishes you for wearing a John 3:16 shirt just lets you know where its all heading. The city, county, state, and national governments all need overhauling, theres no questioning that. Theres no excuse for the drug activity in this area. The whole "if you know somebody, you'll get out of it" is absolutely true. Thats why the laws around here are basically useless. Get this, in THIS country, A man rapes and murders a child, could be given the death penalty (in some states), where theyre greeted with pacifists raising **** (ACLU, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, etc), saying the death penalty is "cruel". Its bad enough the worthless pile of garbage will eat three meals a day, get free medical, get to shower throughout the week for 15 to 20 years while his appeals run up a pile of money. And the fact that a 10 year old child suffered through a rape and torture till death never enters the mind of those defending this animal. Those groups should have zero say so in anything. Sorry for the rambling. I know we still live in the best country in the world, protected by the best fighting force and the best policemen on earth, but our government needs a LOT of work. Replace greed. Insert a chance for common people to prosper.

One thing for sure, I agree with you that our country definately needs some work!! To many old laws that serve no purpose; broken down welfare systems that have too much abuse in them; excessive taxes; wasteful spending in Washington; crazy foreign policy; and little help for the American people who take it on the chin everyday.
Great Post Th32!!!!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, Ive gone on and on about our government (here at home, not on BGR) basically all week. I dont think it really matters, whether it be a black candidate, or a female, theres no "fixing" this country. The government are legal thieves (I'll get to that later), with way too much power, and allows too few people with too much say so, by the same people year in and year out. The government is nothing but a huge mob running the country, emptying pockets of the working man/woman all across America so they may have a full pocket. With our government, you'll never OWN anything. You'll rent whatever you have from them until you die. You'll never OWN your property. You can pay it off, but you'll pay property taxes until the end or time, or you'll have it taken from you. You'll never OWN the car you pay off. You'll pay taxes on the value of it (in Ky anyways) every year. IMO, once you pay something off, it should be hands off from those in Washington or Frankfort. Gas at $3.00 a gallon, and a possible .40+ tax on top of THAT!, with Exxon having the largest profit year in the HISTORY of mankind. And this is my favorite, tax the absolute **** out of my paycheck every week, THEN at the end of the year, make me pay more!! All this, and there are millions upon millions that WONT work, stay at home, cramming their oxys (that we're paying for) down their throats, and they get to get off scott free. No drug tests. A free paycheck just for living. Yes I know legislation is trying to pass a drug test for the welfare people, but it will never fly. A drug addict that wont work is our countrys most valuable commodity. They keep the pharmacies on par with the oil companies (on the first of the month anyways). And in a country that says its okay for teachers to have sex with 16 year old students (in Ky), and allows you to wear a shirt to school with a pentagram on it, but punishes you for wearing a John 3:16 shirt just lets you know where its all heading. The city, county, state, and national governments all need overhauling, theres no questioning that. Theres no excuse for the drug activity in this area. The whole "if you know somebody, you'll get out of it" is absolutely true. Thats why the laws around here are basically useless. Get this, in THIS country, A man rapes and murders a child, could be given the death penalty (in some states), where theyre greeted with pacifists raising **** (ACLU, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, etc), saying the death penalty is "cruel". Its bad enough the worthless pile of garbage will eat three meals a day, get free medical, get to shower throughout the week for 15 to 20 years while his appeals run up a pile of money. And the fact that a 10 year old child suffered through a rape and torture till death never enters the mind of those defending this animal. Those groups should have zero say so in anything. Sorry for the rambling. I know we still live in the best country in the world, protected by the best fighting force and the best policemen on earth, but our government needs a LOT of work. Replace greed. Insert a chance for common people to prosper.

Could not explain it better my man! Great post!:Clap:
Let me see, Tide Hoss, I bet you believe in the "god of the bible" ... which makes your calling any human being a "worthless pile of garbage" a rather interesting paradox. Can you suggest a safety net system that protects those who need welfare, while screening out those who abuse that same system? The biggest benefactors of welfare in the United States of America are corporations. "If you have a job, thank a rich man." This, of course, explains a lot, as green is the most important color in the US...and currency is worshiped accordingly.
Well Im sure a man raping and torturing a child is perfectly fine and upstanding in whatever the crap you believe in (if you believe in anything at all)...and as far as the welfare system, drug test the drawers. I dont give a crap what they say "it'll affect the children". Thats an addicts copout. I know it, you know it, the people on the planet your from know it too. I'd be willing to bet they dont spend money on groceries for their children anyways, and if they loved their children enough, they'll stop abusing whatever they are abusing. ****, I'd even bet the only reason for the existance of the children involved is for the money they'll get to buy their drugs. People that need it, that have to have it, then I have no problem whatsoever with them, but more times than not, its the perfectly healthy able bodied that abuse it. That and the women that have six kids by six fathers. Those children involved should be placed in homes where they'll get the proper care and finances, and given a chance to succeed, whereas they'll only know the life theyve been brought up if they are left in those homes mentioned above, and grow up to be just like the parents that dont care one bit about them.
thecavemaster Wrote:Let me see, Tide Hoss, I bet you believe in the "god of the bible" ... which makes your calling any human being a "worthless pile of garbage" a rather interesting paradox. Can you suggest a safety net system that protects those who need welfare, while screening out those who abuse that same system? The biggest benefactors of welfare in the United States of America are corporations. "If you have a job, thank a rich man." This, of course, explains a lot, as green is the most important color in the US...and currency is worshiped accordingly.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well Im sure a man raping and torturing a child is perfectly fine and upstanding in whatever the crap you believe in (if you believe in anything at all)...and as far as the welfare system, drug test the drawers. I dont give a crap what they say "it'll affect the children". Thats an addicts copout. I know it, you know it, the people on the planet your from know it too. I'd be willing to bet they dont spend money on groceries for their children anyways, and if they loved their children enough, they'll stop abusing whatever they are abusing. ****, I'd even bet the only reason for the existance of the children involved is for the money they'll get to buy their drugs. People that need it, that have to have it, then I have no problem whatsoever with them, but more times than not, its the perfectly healthy able bodied that abuse it. That and the women that have six kids by six fathers. Those children involved should be placed in homes where they'll get the proper care and finances, and given a chance to succeed, whereas they'll only know the life theyve been brought up if they are left in those homes mentioned above, and grow up to be just like the parents that dont care one bit about them.
Nailed that one on the head! TOTALLY AGREE ONCE AGAIN AS I AM SURE 99% of the people with any kind of brains will!
There have been too many times in history to count that "99% of the people with brains" all raised their hands at once... but were wrong... anyway, there's more to right and wrong than a showing of hands. I do not think I said that rapists and murderers and such should escape punishment. I think that I implied that "a pile of garbage" doesn't demonstrate an ounce of mercy, a modicum of compassion, which, of course, are supposed to be the calling cards of the christian spirit. To believe that those who commit crimes deserve punishment, that, in fact, civil society must punish them, while maintaining an attitude of mercy, a "not just a pile of garbage," mindset is possible, perhaps within the "whatever crap you believe in" Tide Hoss.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well Im sure a man raping and torturing a child is perfectly fine and upstanding in whatever the crap you believe in (if you believe in anything at all)...and as far as the welfare system, drug test the drawers. I dont give a crap what they say "it'll affect the children". Thats an addicts copout. I know it, you know it, the people on the planet your from know it too. I'd be willing to bet they dont spend money on groceries for their children anyways, and if they loved their children enough, they'll stop abusing whatever they are abusing. ****, I'd even bet the only reason for the existance of the children involved is for the money they'll get to buy their drugs. People that need it, that have to have it, then I have no problem whatsoever with them, but more times than not, its the perfectly healthy able bodied that abuse it. That and the women that have six kids by six fathers. Those children involved should be placed in homes where they'll get the proper care and finances, and given a chance to succeed, whereas they'll only know the life theyve been brought up if they are left in those homes mentioned above, and grow up to be just like the parents that dont care one bit about them.

Devise a scheme that protects those who need and deserve and can also screen out those who would and do abuse, making sure, of course, that minors are not penalized. It's a tough thing to do, as human beings have a lot of ingenuity when it comes to working the system.
People that rape, torture, and kill children do not deserve an ounce of mercy. Your nothing but an athiest anyways, so what do you care? People that do that to children arent humans at all, theyre animals. They deserve to die. And theres no two ways about that. Read it anyway you like. Dissect it anyway you want. No you didnt say they shouldnt be punished, but you found something in my post that you could throw off on Christian people, like you always do, because you have nothing better to do than to throw off on religion. I have no mercy in my soul for people that hurt children. That is a demon I'll deal with, not you. You may harbor them in your house to keep me from getting to them, but I have NO MERCY for them, and yes, they are piles of garbage. And even that, is a gross understatement.
thecavemaster Wrote:There have been too many times in history to count that "99% of the people with brains" all raised their hands at once... but were wrong... anyway, there's more to right and wrong than a showing of hands. I do not think I said that rapists and murderers and such should escape punishment. I think that I implied that "a pile of garbage" doesn't demonstrate an ounce of mercy, a modicum of compassion, which, of course, are supposed to be the calling cards of the christian spirit. To believe that those who commit crimes deserve punishment, that, in fact, civil society must punish them, while maintaining an attitude of mercy, a "not just a pile of garbage," mindset is possible, perhaps within the "whatever crap you believe in" Tide Hoss.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:People that rape, torture, and kill children do not deserve an ounce of mercy. Your nothing but an athiest anyways, so what do you care? People that do that to children arent humans at all, theyre animals. They deserve to die. And theres no two ways about that. Read it anyway you like. Dissect it anyway you want. No you didnt say they shouldnt be punished, but you found something in my post that you could throw off on Christian people, like you always do, because you have nothing better to do than to throw off on religion. I have no mercy in my soul for people that hurt children. That is a demon I'll deal with, not you. You may harbor them in your house to keep me from getting to them, but I have NO MERCY for them, and yes, they are piles of garbage. And even that, is a gross understatement.

To say "religion poisons everything" is not to say one is an atheist. I have no interest in dealing with your demons. "You are nothing but an atheist." Is that to say atheists are nothing? That no person is any person except people who think and believe as you? Why would you suggest that I would harbor those who, as I said, society must punish in my home? It is your right to claim them as piles of garbage. I disagree "throw off" with people who claim a religion, believe as they want, discarding the Founder of the religions very life and spirit, which is what happens so frequently that religion poisons everything.

TH32 Ole Buddy, seems to me like you're ready for some serious change.

I'm with you 100% on everything except the death penalty.

Work 'em HARD until they drop is what I say. Makin' big rocks into little rocks with a maul or something. I'll trade off the extra cash in tax money and pay to feed store and house them as long as I can sleep with a clear conscience knowing that my tax dollars won't be used to systematically destroy a possible innocent person. I wouldn't support some US Soldier killing an innocent either. Call me crazy but I'm not against the death penalty because I think it may cause pain.

I think it is wrong in principle.

Tell ya what. Let's me and you both vote our conscience this year and make a real choice for change.:rockon:

I bet we'll both be better off. Especially in the long run. We're still young enough to see and enjoy some of the legislation that needs to be passed.

I hope we get the Govt out of our homes and out of my wallet! The rest will take care of itself!

:Thumbs: