Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Coach in Single A in 2005......
Your opinions who the best coach will be in the 2005 season in Single A.
Honestly if a coach can get 3A coach of the year twice I think he should be able to get 1A coach of the year. Mike Jackson at Pikeville.
Coach Daniels from South Floyd. he gets the most out of the least every year!
When Coach Runyon came to coach he originally had the desire to coach football. He knows what hes doing and I think since its his rookie year in the sport, he will turn an OK team into a GREAT team. I expect OL' BMR to turn some heads this year. And dont expect any bellies or even many runs at all. I had a talk with him and he told me that he loves the air game.

Good Luck Coach R!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! what about Mike Yeagle from Beechwood..............or Bob Schnieder from NCC....geez get outta the mountains people
liveMAROON Wrote:ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! what about Mike Yeagle from Beechwood..............or Bob Schnieder from NCC....geez get outta the mountains people

Agreed, you can also add Sam Harp of Danville to the ist, as well as the coach of Mayfield.
1.Yeagle-Beechwood
2.Harp-Danville
3.Scneider-Mewport Central
4.Morris-Mayfield
5.Jackson-Pikeville-I know he hasn't coached a game at Pikeville yet but he has proven to be a great coach everywhere he has coached. Once it is all said and done I think he will be a great coach for Pikeville
like PHSFAN said, Jackson will be a great addition to the Pikeville team and since he has proven to be great in 3A then he should do just fine in 1A. he is my pick for the best coach around here but that is just here in our region. i dont know about any other coaches from schools not close to here. i dont follow football that closely.
I don't think Jackson should be on the list yet, until he has aleast coaches a game at the class a level. He has proven to be a great coach at 3a,but 1a is different football, and 1a mt football is alot different. Graduation hurts 1a teams different , then 3a teams, it is easy to recover at bigger schools, when you have 60 players as to 30 or 40. With the talent level Pikeville has every year he will do fine, beating the types of Mayfield, Beechwood, NCC, and Danville, will be tough.
I wouldn't exactly put Jackson on that list quiet yet either... because his work ethic seems to be good, but i thin he is just frontin to look good until the talent at pikeville wins for him.
Sasquatch72 Wrote:I wouldn't exactly put Jackson on that list quiet yet either... because his work ethic seems to be good, but i thin he is just frontin to look good until the talent at pikeville wins for him.

He is frontin to look good until the talent at Pikeville wins for him?? What are you talking about? As someone who played 4 years at Pikeville and won 3 region titles and has watched the program go down the past 5 years I hope you aren't a player with this type of attitude toward your head coach and if you are a player I hope your feelings are isolated. Coach JAckson is a great coach and e will be a great coach at Pikeville. I have got to know Coach J somewhat and have played golf with him a few times here in Lexington with Keno and Coach J is not fronting anything. This guy is a better coach than Coach Mac....I promise you that. I don't expect a state title this year but I expect a better prepared Pikeville team than what we have seen the past few years. He may not belong on ths list yet because only for the fact that he hasn't coached a game at the class A level yet but he will be one of the best coaches in Class A bfore long. The kids at Pikeville need to believe in what Coach J tells them and listen to him....he has a plan for everything and will be the best head coach Pikeville has had since Hillard walked the sidelines. Pikeville football has been good the past few years but whether or not anyone wants to admit it they have been down....that is going to change in the next few years at Pikeville. They will once again be the team to beat almost every season in Region 4 once Coach J has a season or two to get his system and work ethic established with the Pikeville kids.
the thing your not getting is that coach J is having trouble getting the numbers and the actual effectiveness out of the weight room............The kids arent pushing as much as they should or as they could....coach J seems to be somewhat of a slacker...i hope im wrong.........Stay Tuned Panther folk fo my opinion
liveMAROON Wrote:the thing your not getting is that coach J is having trouble getting the numbers and the actual effectiveness out of the weight room............The kids arent pushing as much as they should or as they could....coach J seems to be somewhat of a slacker...i hope im wrong.........Stay Tuned Panther folk fo my opinion

I believe Coach J is still in Oldham County, unless he just recently moved to Pikeville. Until he gets there the kids need to dedicate themselves and the seniors need to make sure that all players are hitting the weights. When I played for Pikeville all 4 years the seniors on the team made sure that people were hitting the weights. Pikeville will continue to get whipped by Beechwood or NCC every season until they decicde to hit the weightroom. If the kids aren't playing baseball right now then they should be in the weightroom and the coaches that are around the kids need to have a talk with the upcoming seniors about getting the numbers up. Coach J isn't a slacker....Pikeville will be a better prepared football team than the previous few seasons. They need to be hitting the weights right now though.
The thing about Coach J is that the kids from pikeville will not dedicate themselves to him, this means that the panthers are probaably going to be really down in the next few years.
Sasquatch72 Wrote:The thing about Coach J is that the kids from pikeville will not dedicate themselves to him, this means that the panthers are probaably going to be really down in the next few years.

This is not what I'm hearing. I don't live in Pikeville but spend some time there and have talked to a few of the guys in the program.

Seems from them there are NO kids that played last year that aren't playing this year; the weight room is full every workout; and there are many of the better younger athletes in the county (and beyond) that are making plans to be able to play for a proven winner.

Sasquatch: your post and what I'm hearing from very good sources doesn't quite jibe. What gives?...seems like you've got some kind of "agenda??" :?
Sasquatch72 Wrote:The thing about Coach J is that the kids from pikeville will not dedicate themselves to him, this means that the panthers are probaably going to be really down in the next few years.

You have NO idea what you are talking about. Did you grow up around Pikeville football or have you transfered in from SV or PCC? I guarantee the kids will dedicate themselves to Coach J or they will be ran off the team or set on the bench as they should. IF you are a player then you need to go ahead and transfer or not come out for the team because I can tell you don't have what it takes to play football at Pikeville. Pikeville may start out slow this year because of their brutal non district schedule but they will be tough come playoff time. Get over it Coach Mac is gone and if the players want to go play for him then they should transfer to Pike Central then they can come and watch Pikeville in the playoffs. PIKEVILLE WILL HAVE A BETTER COACH THAN THEY HAD LAST SEASON. Pikeville has had new coaches before and I have never seen a Pikeville team not dedicated to the program and coaching staff and that WILL NOT change this year.
24_7.......in no way is the weight room full possibly 17 at the most show up............me and sasquatch are just sayin...dont get ur hopes up....looks kinda bleak to me
liveMAROON Wrote:24_7.......in no way is the weight room full possibly 17 at the most show up............me and sasquatch are just sayin...dont get ur hopes up....looks kinda bleak to me

If this is true Pikeville doesn't deserve to win a district, region, or state title. THe senior class needs to step up and get the kids in the weightroom. It really saddens me that the kids at Pikeville now, not all but a lot, don't understand the tradition and pride of Pikeville football and what it takes to be a powerhouse...IT ALL BEGINS IN THE WEIGHTROOM. If the kids at Pikeville want to continue the Pikeville tradiation they better hit the weights if not I won't feel sorry for them at all when they get beat out in the 2nd round of the playoffs and NCC beats them by 40 in the Pike County Bowl.
agreed
Lets not talk about Coach Jackson either way until he proves something on the field.
well he didnt promise anything, so that is good, but coach J is working hard to get everyone out on the field this season...he wants as many players as he can get, i dont quite know why but he is
the team will be larger than usual but kids will get frustrated when they think they should be playing, and they dont get to...
its just hard to play at pikeville becasue so much is expected of these kids and i must say they have been doing a damn good job in the past few seasons, i just hope they can keep it up
maybe the new coach can do something good for the program, cuz it seems as if his expectations are high coming in...
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Lets not talk about Coach Jackson either way until he proves something on the field.

Best post of this thread yet. By the title of it, there should be a lot more discussion about Schneider, Yeagle, Morris, and Harp anyway!
Football24_7 Wrote:
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Lets not talk about Coach Jackson either way until he proves something on the field.

Best post of this thread yet. By the title of it, there should be a lot more discussion about Schneider, Yeagle, Morris, and Harp anyway!

Thank you. 8)
agreed, talk about the coaches that have already proven themselves to be great..... im sure Coach Jackson will be a great coach, but we can't really say anything until we see him in action