Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The winningest coach in NCAA basketball is...
"jfallsman" Wrote:Where's the common sense? Competition and better athletes have nothing to do with coaching. A good coach is a good coach. Give them players, they orchestrate them into a good team effort, regardless of the level of play. Your argument would hold water if you were comparing women's teams to playing men's teams, but that's not what we're debating here. Pat Summitt coaching the members of last year's UK team would produce a pretty darn good team. Give her the same athletes and same caliber of players Rupp, Smith, etc., have and she'd be in the same league because of her coaching ability and knowledge of the game.

Good post :!: Idea
In women's basketball, yes.
"4leaf" Wrote:In women's basketball, yes.

Smile :lol:
Awesome post jfallsman. :!:
Confusedhock:
just like 4leaf said..in womens basketball yes...mens basketball no...
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:just like 4leaf said..in womens basketball yes...mens basketball no...

Ok :roll: Sad
yeh bud 8)
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:yeh bud 8)

I know you would agree! :o :!:
um....yeeeeeeeh
the have college basketball for women? what a waste of time
Cali -- Pat who? I told you the other day I would watch paint dry first (Ha,Ha).
"jfallsman" Wrote:Where's the common sense? Competition and better athletes have nothing to do with coaching. A good coach is a good coach. Give them players, they orchestrate them into a good team effort, regardless of the level of play. Your argument would hold water if you were comparing women's teams to playing men's teams, but that's not what we're debating here. Pat Summitt coaching the members of last year's UK team would produce a pretty darn good team. Give her the same athletes and same caliber of players Rupp, Smith, etc., have and she'd be in the same league because of her coaching ability and knowledge of the game.

One of the best post that I have read
hmm...maybe but u never know how those players would of reacted to her
"littlej" Wrote:Cali -- Pat who? I told you the other day I would watch paint dry first (Ha,Ha).

Smile Hahaha you're so funny :? :?
geno from uconn is the man..i believe hes beaten pat summit more than she has beaten him
no question about it.
1. Coach K (love him or hate him)
2. Knight
3. Summit
4. Phil Jackson
5. Larry Brown.

Pat is the best ever in womens sports and in the top 5 all time in any sport.
No way is she top 5 in all sports. You factor in coaches like Dean Smith, Phil Jackson, Vince Lombardi, Bill Bellichick, Joe Torre, I mean I could go all day.... She is a good coach but not top 5 or even top 10 material. Maybe if were just talking basketball she is top 10. But Geno will pass her up.
u people are insane, there are so many coaches better than pat summit its crazy...how bout in football belichick, bill walsh, tom landry, jimmy johnson, vince lombardi

in basketball, phil jackson, pat riley, red auerback, greg popvich, larry brown, coach k

in baseball, joe torre, bobby cox

dont even think about putting a womans coach with these people unless shes dominated the sport, and last time i checked big ole geno of uconn has beaten on pat summit a lot of times