Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The winningest coach in NCAA basketball is...
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:pat summit is not even the best womans coach rite now, geno auremi from uconn will everntually pass her up

Hahahaha :lol: what a joke! Geno Auriemma is definitely NOT the best women's coach. Come on really, if Kentucky had Diana Taurasi they'd be awesome! If anyone had Diana Taurasi they'd be awesome.

Oh and Kentucky's womens team is trying to build their program...give them a few years and they'll be good. Heck Mickie DeMoss came from the best team, Tennessee.

Hmm well if Tennessee, UConn, & LSU are the only teams in womens basketball who are any good, then why was Tennessee & LSU upset last night and Baylor and Mich. St. are in the final game?

Oh and actually, she's the winningest coach in NCAA history...yep #1 in men's and women's!
anyone can be beat...
still aint as competitive as men's
Growing pains?
Remember the mens had a run where UCLA controlled the mens side
for that matter its the same teams from the same conferences today
Summit is better than Smith
Smith's championships were gifts Browns pass in the Gtown game
and Webbers timeout, Smith Sucked.

Summit is the top of the heap read it and weap!
its a joke even to say that pat summit is a top 10 best coach of all time....shes a womans coach!!...lol....
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Growing pains?
Remember the mens had a run where UCLA controlled the mens side
for that matter its the same teams from the same conferences today
Summit is better than Smith
Smith's championships were gifts Browns pass in the Gtown game
and Webbers timeout, Smith Sucked.

Summit is the top of the heap read it and weap!

Your crazy man. No way is Pat Summit better than Dean Smith. Dean Smith played with better competition and was ACC with teams like Duke, Maryland, and others.
I agree with you on that one youknowwho....It is amaxing was smith did with those Tarheel teams
Smith is overrated... So is Coach K....

wiht all those ALL Americans they have had and to only have a hand full of Championships. should have at least as many as UK.

but Summit is a great coach. but still womens is not as competitive.
i agree with the talent north carolina and duke have had they should have won more champs....summit is a great coach in the womens league, but leave it at womens
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:Smith is overrated... So is Coach K....

wiht all those ALL Americans they have had and to only have a hand full of Championships. should have at least as many as UK.

Overrated? You really are losing it. That's why UNC and Duke are both 2 top programs year in and year out.
actually duke might be but north carolina isnt a top program every year
UNC is among one of the top teams every year and as far as programs go they are one of the tops in the nation.
"Punisher" Wrote:
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:Smith is overrated... So is Coach K....

Overrated? You really are losing it. That's why UNC and Duke are both 2 top programs year in and year out.
yes they are top prgrams but with the talent that has went through their doors, both coaches should have lots of championships... hence they are overrated...
I agree. They should have a lot more championships with the talent they produce.
i kinda agree but making it to the final four is pretty damn good too...no one can argue that coach k isnt the best coach rite now....
Coach K is a good coach but man he chokes a lot in the Final Four...
chokes a lot in the final four?? yeh rite..hes still got 20 or 25 years more left in him...10 final fours, 3 champs..how bout tubby being a choker, he hasnt made a final four yet with his own kids
lmao u make no sense. u just made my point about Coach K. 10 times there and only won it 3 times with a whole team of All Americans. and no he does not have that many years left. i think he will retire in 10.
i never said Tubby hasn't choked.
i dont think u realize how hard it is to win in the final four, just ask roy williams who before this year had been to the final four 5 times before finally winning it..
all i am sayin is that when u got a whole team of All Americans every year how can u not win a championship.
first off they have never had a whole team full of all americans..not possible so stop exagerrating...
shew damn u knew what i ment. so stop being critical.
actually i have no idea wut u mean...3 champs. is pretty good...stop bashing cuz hes better than tubby
when i said you knwo what i ment it was about them havin a team of All Americans..... of course all the players are not AA but come on... he always has a load of them on his teams...

now about him being better than Tubby.... i never said Tubby was better.
yeh and i said hes better than tubby....lol
You know what's really funny? People who know college basketball know that Pat Summitt has actually been considered for men's head coaching positions. She is as good of an X and O coach as any man has ever been. The thing most men don't understand is that women's basketball produces better true coaches because you can't just recruit six or seven stud athletes and win. You have to actually coach.

Granted, she would have a tough time recruiting as a men's head coach, but put equal players on the court for both teams and she could hold her own with any of the top men's coaches out there ... and they would probably tell you that.
look im not saying she isnt a great coach, cuz clearly she is..but to compare her to dean smith, rupp, coac k, bobby knight is crazy....
Well, you see the world through men's-colored glasses, then. She as good a coach as all of them and has the numbers to prove it. My point is that her winning that many games as as women's coach is as impressive, if not more in some comparisons, that Smith, Rupp, Knight, etc.

It's not crazy.

J
no cuz she does it in a womens game, and they do it in a mens game where theres a lot more competition and better athletes, its common sense
Where's the common sense? Competition and better athletes have nothing to do with coaching. A good coach is a good coach. Give them players, they orchestrate them into a good team effort, regardless of the level of play. Your argument would hold water if you were comparing women's teams to playing men's teams, but that's not what we're debating here. Pat Summitt coaching the members of last year's UK team would produce a pretty darn good team. Give her the same athletes and same caliber of players Rupp, Smith, etc., have and she'd be in the same league because of her coaching ability and knowledge of the game.
wow...ur post just blew me away....lol